What teams will be improved and what teams will not be as good?

Shamrock

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put the Birds on the much improved list. Post said we under achieved last year, but we only had 1 SR and no Jr's and did not play any of the stat builders. We have some nice power, D- should be much improved (infield and outfield), 4-5 players with speed, two good pitchers and a good coach!

What do you think?

The Bluebirds will be greatly improved. They now have a pitcher that is considered one of the tops, all but one starters are back, added a girl from Wisconsin that has played travel ball all her life and now have 7 of their 9 starters that play competitive travel ball as opposed to just two years ago when they had one.

The Coffey kid is one of the top 3 defensive shortstops in the region, no question. They have two other Freshman (Shelby Graybill and Brennah Dutcher) that could challenge for the HR title this year. They smash it! Quillan is a lead off catcher that has a ton of speed and can run bases with anyone. I expect their defense is much improved with all the work they have been doing over the winter. They also hired a professional trainer for strength and conditioning and have been training for three months. 7 of their 9 starters only play softball and train year round now.

They have pitching, speed, defense and power. Not saying they will win all the time, but they are young and eager to make a run. They will no longer be a pushover.

Notre Dame just got 50% better with Haylee Smith and Bishop Brossart (8 Starters back plus some new players, 30 trying out) will be improved for sure. A lot of temas will be better just by being a year older and having most players back. However time and competition will prove all of that at time. Right now who really knows there are so many factors not to mention team chemistry and staying free of injuries.

The Bluebirds will be greatly improved. They now have a pitcher that is considered one of the tops, all but one starters are back, added a girl from Wisconsin that has played travel ball all her life and now have 7 of their 9 starters that play competitive travel ball as opposed to just two years ago when they had one.

The Coffey kid is one of the top 3 defensive shortstops in the region, no question. They have two other Freshman (Shelby Graybill and Brennah Dutcher) that could challenge for the HR title this year. They smash it! Quillan is a lead off catcher that has a ton of speed and can run bases with anyone. I expect their defense is much improved with all the work they have been doing over the winter. They also hired a professional trainer for strength and conditioning and have been training for three months. 7 of their 9 starters only play softball and train year round now.

They have pitching, speed, defense and power. Not saying they will win all the time, but they are young and eager to make a run. They will no longer be a pushover.

I saw on another thread they had 8 listed is this accurate?

Shelby Graybill HHS, Cincy Static, 9th

Brennah Dutcher HHS, Cincy Static, 9th

Bailey Spencer HHS, NKY Naturals, 9th

Haley Coffey HHS, NKY Natural, 9th

Whitney Quillen HHS, NKY Naturals, 10th

Peyton Leighty HHS, NKY Naturals, 10th

Kendell Turner HHS, Cincy Static, 11th

Ashley Grosser HHS, Cincy Static, 11th

Whats Birds lineup going to look like?

I know the Grosser and Quillen girl are speedsters

We know Spencer and leighty can both pitch and are decent hitters too right?

Graybill is a crusher Sounds like Dutcher can hit too If the Turner Kid can protect those two

Coffey is a defesenive player but I bet her Daddy gets her hitting he was a thumper and she should have decent speed

I saw on another thread they had 8 listed is this accurate?

Shelby Graybill HHS, Cincy Static, 9th

Brennah Dutcher HHS, Cincy Static, 9th

Bailey Spencer HHS, NKY Naturals, 9th

Haley Coffey HHS, NKY Natural, 9th

Whitney Quillen HHS, NKY Naturals, 10th

Peyton Leighty HHS, NKY Naturals, 10th

Kendell Turner HHS, Cincy Static, 11th

Ashley Grosser HHS, Cincy Static, 11th

Whats Birds lineup going to look like?

I know the Grosser and Quillen girl are speedsters

We know Spencer and leighty can both pitch and are decent hitters too right?

Graybill is a crusher Sounds like Dutcher can hit too If the Turner Kid can protect those two

Coffey is a defesenive player but I bet her Daddy gets her hitting he was a thumper and she should have decent speed

I heard she wasn't playing summer ball this year??????? Anyone know for sure?

Grosser, Quillen, Coffey and Leighty all have good speed. Graybill, Dutcher, and Turner all have good power with Graybill leading the way. Spencer will be the #1 pitcher with Leighty being a solid #2. They have sevral girls who can fill the 9th spot. They are not as deep as the top teams, but should be in every game they play with a solid chance to win most.

Plus, all the girls will be together angain next year.

Playing summer ball doesn't mean a lot unless you know how good the competition is and how many games you play against top competition. We used to play 100 plus games in the summer and won quite a few games by scores like 26-1 and 34-0 so just because you play it doesn't necessarily mean it makes you better than the competition. It comes down to talent in the final analysis.

Playing summer ball doesn't mean a lot unless you know how good the competition is and how many games you play against top competition. We used to play 100 plus games in the summer and won quite a few games by scores like 26-1 and 34-0 so just because you play it doesn't necessarily mean it makes you better than the competition. It comes down to talent in the final analysis.

There are different levels of summer ball for sure. If you guys were beating teams that bad you were doing a major disservice to your kids. What is good about summer ball is you can play at your level. Playing against good competition is what makes you better.

Trust me "my little pony" the teams listed are very good and very competitive teams you need to get out more! One of the static teams listed has a national championship under their belt. The static is one of the best organizations in all of Oh. The nky naturals are extremely competitve at their age in Ky, and played in two World Series last summer, one in Myrtle beach. A world series is where all the competitive teams from around the country come to compete against each other. And Emr is another Ohio powerhouse. So don't try and down play because in 1978 you won the camp co league. In summer ball these days, it's competitive softball people are talking about, not your church league!!

I hope the new coach has your ponies on the schedule this year so you can see the talent first hand!

Wow! That sounds like ntinsitee is calling out the Lady Mustangs! Easy now, let's not get crazy here.

Trust me "my little pony" the teams listed are very good and very competitive teams you need to get out more! One of the static teams listed has a national championship under their belt. The static is one of the best organizations in all of Oh. The nky naturals are extremely competitve at their age in Ky, and played in two World Series last summer, one in Myrtle beach. A world series is where all the competitive teams from around the country come to compete against each other. And Emr is another Ohio powerhouse. So don't try and down play because in 1978 you won the camp co league. In summer ball these days, it's competitive softball people are talking about, not your church league!!

I hope the new coach has your ponies on the schedule this year so you can see the talent first hand!