NKAC JV Tournament Update

Winner of Boone/Cooper from Friday night plays Conner

Holmes/Simon Kenton on other side of bracket.

Not sure of actual dates for the games. Conner plays Holmes in regular season on Feb 12. Not sure how that would factor into the whole thing. I'm guessing that if Holmes beats SK and Conner advances past Boone/Cooper winner that they would use the outcome of regular season game as tournament game and not schedule a final. Just thinking outloud, as the season is quickly coming to an end.

Winner of Boone/Cooper from Friday night plays Conner

Holmes/Simon Kenton on other side of bracket.

Not sure of actual dates for the games. Conner plays Holmes in regular season on Feb 12. Not sure how that would factor into the whole thing. I'm guessing that if Holmes beats SK and Conner advances past Boone/Cooper winner that they would use the outcome of regular season game as tournament game and not schedule a final. Just thinking outloud, as the season is quickly coming to an end.

So Holmes will play the winning of Conner vs Cooper/Boone. I saw Conner play Dixie and Holy Cross they looked very good at times. Nic Watts starting to show a lot of improvement since he has been down playing JV.

Attempting to get an update of the tournament. I heard that Conner is in the semi-finals but not really sure who else is in or out. Conner's JV looked pretty good, they got a few freshman that look very solid!

Correct, Conner has been starting 3 freshman on the JV team most of the season. They are Alec Garnett, Michael Scott, and Kyler Padgett. Alec strictly plays JV, while Michael and Kyler started playing freshman also over the Christmas break. Seems to be working well for both teams. All 3 also dress varsity.

So Holmes will play the winning of Conner vs Cooper/Boone. I saw Conner play Dixie and Holy Cross they looked very good at times. Nic Watts starting to show a lot of improvement since he has been down playing JV.

Is Nic Watts the son of Tony Watts? If so, he comes from some good genes. Tony played for Miss. St either the year they won the SEC tourney or SEC regular season title.

Holmes could end up winning the Freshman, JV, and Varsity region championships. I'd think they are favored in the lower 2.

JV team is 16 or 17-3 with the 3 losses coming by a combined 4 points. Dixie beat them by one on a last second shot. Mason Co beat them by 1 on a buzzer beater. Covcath beat them by 2. I believe that's how they were. Could have Covcath and Mason Co mixed up.

Correct, Conner has been starting 3 freshman on the JV team most of the season. They are Alec Garnett, Michael Scott, and Kyler Padgett. Alec strictly plays JV, while Michael and Kyler started playing freshman also over the Christmas break. Seems to be working well for both teams. All 3 also dress varsity.

All 3 frosh have nice potential but I am REALLY impressed with Garnett's game.

Yes.

Tony was my freshman basketball coach and English teacher. He used to play with us in practice. Not sure if he still has it or not, but dude could ball back then and was still dunking. If Nic ends up anything like his dad, Conner will have a good one.

Tony was my freshman basketball coach and English teacher. He used to play with us in practice. Not sure if he still has it or not, but dude could ball back then and was still dunking. If Nic ends up anything like his dad, Conner will have a good one.

Tony is a good guy and Nic is very well-manner kids. I see Conner have a bright future as long as they keep developing. Who is the Conner JV coach? Did he coach at Ryle? I thought he started at Conner? So confused?

Tony is a good guy and Nic is very well-manner kids. I see Conner have a bright future as long as they keep developing. Who is the Conner JV coach? Did he coach at Ryle? I thought he started at Conner? So confused?

I don't know much about him, but I believe his name is Ryan Bowman?

Last time I talked ti Nic he said his dad could beat him and it wasn't even close. Nic, his dad and his mom are all good people.

Ryan teaches at Conner Middle. He coached frosh and JV at Ryle. First year at Conner.