Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands Coach

Featured Replies

So I've been hearing a lot about if HHS has the right coach for their girl's program. She can't beat NCC and she's not winning regions.

 

Okay, facts are facts. Throw all the stats up that you want and I can't argue with you if that's what you want to look at. And before I get into this, please understand that you may not find a more competitive human being on this earth than myself! When I play any sport, I'd rather punch you in the face rather than lose!!! That's how I approached it. If I lost to you, it took me awhile to even like you again, even if you were a friend of mine!!! Of course I've relaxed as I got older...a little!

 

Here's what I'd say to the naysayers. Is it all about winning or is it about the molding and development of individuals in a team enviroment. Is it her overall record, the number of regions or state apperances or is it the fact that she is a class act, a great example for her girls and has produced a plethora of wonderful young ladies in her program. Several of which went on to the next level. Believe me, I love to see wins. But I also and connected enough to understand that NOT ONE of these girls playing basketball in NKY will get paid to play the game in the future. NOT ONE! What I've come to learn is that sports for females is all about life lessons. Does life allow you to win all the time or do you have to know how to deal with defeat? Jaime plays one of the most challenging schedules in the state every year. She teaches her kids how to play your hardest, leave it on the court and let the chips fall. But when you go home and look in the mirror and can say you gave everything you had, you're still a success. That's what its about. Not selling yourself out for wins! Playing a cupcake schedule so your individual record looks good. Yelling at players so much that they can't stand you and only play hard because they are scared of you. Jaime's players play hard because they respect her. To me, being a coach that is respected by her players is the best attribute a coach can have! Be respected for the right reasons...not because of an over all record. Remember, Jaime plays one of the most competitive schedules in the state. That shows me she is willing to sacrifice herself for the good of her kids. She doesn't care if her record takes a hit if her kids are getting good experience. Compete against the best, challenge yourself and get a benchmark where you stand. That's what she is teaching her kids. Life is a struggle. Learn how to overcome.

 

You can say she's had talented teams in the past. You can say that the team she has this year is very good. But guess what, the best team doesn't always win. Heck ND may win tonight. Sorry ND fans, but they are not the best college football team. But they figured out a way to put themselves in the right spot.

 

Do I always agree with all her strategies and the personnel she has in the game...NO! I don't agree with everything Calapari does either, but I respect him and her and as leaders. They live with their decisions. If you can show me a coach that has a fanbase that not everyone of them questions something they did throughout a season, then please let me know and my daughter will be transferring tomorrow!

 

My point is, win or lose, almost EVERY kid that went through her program left that program a better kid. Yes, you have exceptions and you're never going to make everyone happy, but her percentage is very high!

 

Keep the rumors going, if it makes you feel better. Talk bad about her behind her back, if it makes your feel better. You are entitled to your opinion. But I can tell you as a parent of one of her kids...I back her, other parents back her and her coaching staff backs her. Understand the entire picture before you start casting stones...especially on a website under ficticious names!

  • Replies 30
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said! Very well said. It is so refreshing to see a parent actually come out and support a coach. Usually it is a very vocal minority who is looking at the world through mommy or daddy goggles and that is only worried about little Susie's playing time because she ia a "senior" and "deserves" it or some other crap like that Few people have the correct perspective and realize that this game is practice for real life. That struggling to earn playing time will help them when they have to struggle in the work place down the road. Or losing a game will help prepare them to be a better parent or spouse later in life when everyday is not a "win". Unfortunately my daughter has not had the privilege of playing for Jaime, but I'd be pleased if she were the coach preparing her for life. Some people just lose perspective. It's nice to see that some parents maintain it. Kudos RCC9. Your daughter is better off for it.

Edited by Ian Moone

So I've been hearing a lot about if HHS has the right coach for their girl's program. She can't beat NCC and she's not winning regions.

 

Okay, facts are facts. Throw all the stats up that you want and I can't argue with you if that's what you want to look at. And before I get into this, please understand that you may not find a more competitive human being on this earth than myself! When I play any sport, I'd rather punch you in the face rather than lose!!! That's how I approached it. If I lost to you, it took me awhile to even like you again, even if you were a friend of mine!!! Of course I've relaxed as I got older...a little!

 

Here's what I'd say to the naysayers. Is it all about winning or is it about the molding and development of individuals in a team enviroment. Is it her overall record, the number of regions or state apperances or is it the fact that she is a class act, a great example for her girls and has produced a plethora of wonderful young ladies in her program. Several of which went on to the next level. Believe me, I love to see wins. But I also and connected enough to understand that NOT ONE of these girls playing basketball in NKY will get paid to play the game in the future. NOT ONE! What I've come to learn is that sports for females is all about life lessons. Does life allow you to win all the time or do you have to know how to deal with defeat? Jaime plays one of the most challenging schedules in the state every year. She teaches her kids how to play your hardest, leave it on the court and let the chips fall. But when you go home and look in the mirror and can say you gave everything you had, you're still a success. That's what its about. Not selling yourself out for wins! Playing a cupcake schedule so your individual record looks good. Yelling at players so much that they can't stand you and only play hard because they are scared of you. Jaime's players play hard because they respect her. To me, being a coach that is respected by her players is the best attribute a coach can have! Be respected for the right reasons...not because of an over all record. Remember, Jaime plays one of the most competitive schedules in the state. That shows me she is willing to sacrifice herself for the good of her kids. She doesn't care if her record takes a hit if her kids are getting good experience. Compete against the best, challenge yourself and get a benchmark where you stand. That's what she is teaching her kids. Life is a struggle. Learn how to overcome.

 

You can say she's had talented teams in the past. You can say that the team she has this year is very good. But guess what, the best team doesn't always win. Heck ND may win tonight. Sorry ND fans, but they are not the best college football team. But they figured out a way to put themselves in the right spot.

 

Do I always agree with all her strategies and the personnel she has in the game...NO! I don't agree with everything Calapari does either, but I respect him and her and as leaders. They live with their decisions. If you can show me a coach that has a fanbase that not everyone of them questions something they did throughout a season, then please let me know and my daughter will be transferring tomorrow!

 

My point is, win or lose, almost EVERY kid that went through her program left that program a better kid. Yes, you have exceptions and you're never going to make everyone happy, but her percentage is very high!

 

Keep the rumors going, if it makes you feel better. Talk bad about her behind her back, if it makes your feel better. You are entitled to your opinion. But I can tell you as a parent of one of her kids...I back her, other parents back her and her coaching staff backs her. Understand the entire picture before you start casting stones...especially on a website under ficticious names!

 

I have read a lot of your posts and a lot of times I disagree but this time your are 150% spot on. As a coach who coaches girls I couldn't agree more!

  • Author
I have read a lot of your posts and a lot of times I disagree but this time your are 150% spot on. As a coach who coaches girls I couldn't agree more!

 

Thanks! But you should agree with me more!! I'm always right! (At least I think so!) :D

It is not easy to win a Region in the Ninth. And with the size of our talent pool divided by the number of schools in the NKY area it is almost impossible to win a state title. Jaime's teams have represented with high caliber play and players over her tenure. She has absolutely nothing to feel inferior about. Quality person, quality coach and a very dedicated person to the program. Year in and year out that is all you can do until the stars allign and you win the big one. Boone, NDA, Ryle, NCC, Conner and all the rest have the same goal which is to advance to the state tourney and all are formidable opponents year in and year out.

 

Is she due to win a Region, yes. Will she, only if she gets the backing and support from parents and school administrators and then only if the ball bounces her way in key situations during a Regional tourney. These evenly matched teams are just that close and you have to be healthy and a bit lucky to win the Region in the ninth.

 

I wish her luck and I have always admired her as a person too. Coaching at the girls High School level in a contending school is one of the toughest jobs I know of. Good thing it pays so well!

So I've been hearing a lot about if HHS has the right coach for their girl's program. She can't beat NCC and she's not winning regions.

 

Okay, facts are facts. Throw all the stats up that you want and I can't argue with you if that's what you want to look at. And before I get into this, please understand that you may not find a more competitive human being on this earth than myself! When I play any sport, I'd rather punch you in the face rather than lose!!! That's how I approached it. If I lost to you, it took me awhile to even like you again, even if you were a friend of mine!!! Of course I've relaxed as I got older...a little!

 

Here's what I'd say to the naysayers. Is it all about winning or is it about the molding and development of individuals in a team enviroment. Is it her overall record, the number of regions or state apperances or is it the fact that she is a class act, a great example for her girls and has produced a plethora of wonderful young ladies in her program. Several of which went on to the next level. Believe me, I love to see wins. But I also and connected enough to understand that NOT ONE of these girls playing basketball in NKY will get paid to play the game in the future. NOT ONE! What I've come to learn is that sports for females is all about life lessons. Does life allow you to win all the time or do you have to know how to deal with defeat? Jaime plays one of the most challenging schedules in the state every year. She teaches her kids how to play your hardest, leave it on the court and let the chips fall. But when you go home and look in the mirror and can say you gave everything you had, you're still a success. That's what its about. Not selling yourself out for wins! Playing a cupcake schedule so your individual record looks good. Yelling at players so much that they can't stand you and only play hard because they are scared of you. Jaime's players play hard because they respect her. To me, being a coach that is respected by her players is the best attribute a coach can have! Be respected for the right reasons...not because of an over all record. Remember, Jaime plays one of the most competitive schedules in the state. That shows me she is willing to sacrifice herself for the good of her kids. She doesn't care if her record takes a hit if her kids are getting good experience. Compete against the best, challenge yourself and get a benchmark where you stand. That's what she is teaching her kids. Life is a struggle. Learn how to overcome.

 

You can say she's had talented teams in the past. You can say that the team she has this year is very good. But guess what, the best team doesn't always win. Heck ND may win tonight. Sorry ND fans, but they are not the best college football team. But they figured out a way to put themselves in the right spot.

 

Do I always agree with all her strategies and the personnel she has in the game...NO! I don't agree with everything Calapari does either, but I respect him and her and as leaders. They live with their decisions. If you can show me a coach that has a fanbase that not everyone of them questions something they did throughout a season, then please let me know and my daughter will be transferring tomorrow!

 

My point is, win or lose, almost EVERY kid that went through her program left that program a better kid. Yes, you have exceptions and you're never going to make everyone happy, but her percentage is very high!

 

Keep the rumors going, if it makes you feel better. Talk bad about her behind her back, if it makes your feel better. You are entitled to your opinion. But I can tell you as a parent of one of her kids...I back her, other parents back her and her coaching staff backs her. Understand the entire picture before you start casting stones...especially on a website under ficticious names!

 

RCC9 very well written 100% agree with everthing you said! Saw your other daughter play at midwest yesterday did not know that was your daughter. Very solid player as well! Let me tell you this you are doing one heck of a job with both of theses young ladies. My point to you is molding these kids into repectable adults. you are defintely doing you part! It is the most important thing we will ever do in our adult lives!

  • Author
It is not easy to win a Region in the Ninth. And with the size of our talent pool divided by the number of schools in the NKY area it is almost impossible to win a state title. Jaime's teams have represented with high caliber play and players over her tenure. She has absolutely nothing to feel inferior about. Quality person, quality coach and a very dedicated person to the program. Year in and year out that is all you can do until the stars allign and you win the big one. Boone, NDA, Ryle, NCC, Conner and all the rest have the same goal which is to advance to the state tourney and all are formidable opponents year in and year out.

 

Is she due to win a Region, yes. Will she, only if she gets the backing and support from parents and school administrators and then only if the ball bounces her way in key situations during a Regional tourney. These evenly matched teams are just that close and you have to be healthy and a bit lucky to win the Region in the ninth.

 

I wish her luck and I have always admired her as a person too. Coaching at the girls High School level in a contending school is one of the toughest jobs I know of. Good thing it pays so well!

 

What a great point at the end. Yes, it's a paid postion, but most forget that really by the time you divide out your time to coach high school these days, it's basically for free. You don't coach for the money. You coach because you care. Then to get attacked like your making an NBA salary! Yes, money is officially earned, but that's not why high school coaches coach!

  • Author
RCC9 very well written 100% agree with everthing you said! Saw your other daughter play at midwest yesterday did not know that was your daughter. Very solid player as well! Let me tell you this you are doing one heck of a job with both of theses young ladies. My point to you is molding these kids

 

Thank you! I had plumbing issues as wasn't able to make the game. She is a totally different player than her sister. I'm having to learn a different style with her. Mentally and physically!

 

On a side note, that little team that plays out there is loaded with talent from all over NKY! I can't wait for AAU season to start. I'm sure they have a lot of high school coaches licking their chops too!

Thank you! I had plumbing issues as wasn't able to make the game. She is a totally different player than her sister. I'm having to learn a different style with her. Mentally and physically!

 

On a side note, that little team that plays out there is loaded with talent from all over NKY! I can't wait for AAU season to start. I'm sure they have a lot of high school coaches licking their chops too!

 

 

What grade?

  • Author
What grade?

 

6th grade

6th grade

 

Sounds like the Legacy girls program is loaded at the middle school level. The boys seem to be a different story though..

From what I've read in the football thread regarding HHS' football success it seems Coach Richey needs to work harder.

 

 

:D

For any that do not hang in the football forum or haven't been here very long my last post was a joke and, really, a shot at people who write lack of success off as simply not working hard.

  • Author
Sounds like the Legacy girls program is loaded at the middle school level. The boys seem to be a different story though..

 

They don't play for Legacy. They actually played Legacy and I heard it was ugly. They are a mix of the Gametime team that won back to back D1 state championships and the Shining Stars team that was runner up by a very close margin! The Legacy's girl's team that is good is their 7th grade program. They have been together for a couple years now.

They don't play for Legacy. They actually played Legacy and I heard it was ugly. They are a mix of the Gametime team that won back to back D1 state championships and the Shining Stars team that was runner up by a very close margin! The Legacy's girl's team that is good is their 7th grade program. They have been together for a couple years now.

 

Sorry, what was I thinking?? lol I know the Neace girl plays on the 7th grade Legacy team and she is really good for her age..My younger son plays with her brother and I have seen her play a few times. Nice looking player..

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.