Willie Taggart to USF

BIG BLACK JACK

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per BG Daily News. No news yet regarding if he will stick around and coach WKU in the Little Ceasars Bowl.

According to a report on the flagship of USF, Willie told the team, during the team meeting this evening, he would leave after the bowl game. Do not know how solid that is.

The same thing happened on Butch Jones' wiki page. It was within minutes of the news being broken and I went to Jones' wiki page and they already had him as the head coach at UT.

Asiantii Woulard ‏@Asiantii_2

Excited to see what Taggert has planned for #USF!

I know Coach Fitch met with him yesterday, he tweeted about it. In fact the entire staff hit the recruiting trail shoring up as many verbals as they could. I have no idea how many assistants Willie will keep. I know he is bringing Marquel Blackwell with him, one of the best QBs USF has ever had. That may help, I hope. Of course Blackwell was here season before last, but only as a graduate assistant.

The supposed goal is to create a wall around the Tampa Bay Area, much like Miami did around the Miami-Dade Metroplex in the 80s. This is a great first step.

The Tampa Bay Area includes Hernando, Citrus, Pasco, Hillsborough, Pinellas, Manatee, Polk, and Sarasota Counties.

Willie Taggart is from Manatee.

I'm excited, guys. Can't hide it.

Dick Vitale ‏@DickieV

A great choice by USF -WILLIE TAGGART has the complete package - can coach - can recruit - can motivate -can communicate with media etc

Greg Auman ‏@gregauman

Talked to Vikings' Toby Gerhart today about Willie Taggart, who was his position coach for 3 years at Stanford. The two still remain close.

Greg Auman ‏@gregauman

Toby Gerhart on Taggart and Harbaugh: "They have similar philosophies when it comes to being relentless, being tough, running the ball."

Greg Auman ‏@gregauman

Gerhart talked about Taggart's offense being predicated on strong running. Talked fondly of seven offensive linemen controlling the game.