Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott 66 West Carter 53

Featured Replies

Elliott was down by 1 at the half, but rallied for a 13 point win on some great team defense and good shooting. Jones was held to around 12 points after 3 first half fouls.

 

IMO this was a very well called game, especially for it to be 2 man. The refs lets the kids play, yet called everything that needed to be called. The game was never close to getting out of control.

 

Elliott awaits the winner of the Fairview/Menifee game.

 

:dancingpa

Elliott should be headed for a 20-win season, barring a disaster. They are now 16-3.

Congratulations to Elliott County!

I thought the boys All A region games were next week. I know it is for the 14th. The girls are playing this week in the 14th.

 

Congratulations to the Lions and Coach Rick Mays.

Bandit,

Were you at the game? Those two refs were not the cause of West losing; they are however not good. Billman does not even know who the fouls are on. Nevertheless West lost the game because of lack of defense in the 4th quarter. West needs to run some plays for players other than Jones and Hollingsworth. It doesn't take long for the opposing teams to figure out who is going to shoot the ball.

Elliott should be headed for a 20-win season, barring a disaster. They are now 16-3.

 

Seems to me they have played a lot of games for it to be this late in the year. Hope their AD is watching to make sure they don't go over the limit.

I wonder why the Elliott County games are so different in the way fouls are called. Either no fouls are called altogether or the fouls are lopsided with less called on Elliott. What is Elliott's secret? Is their style so chaotic that a lot gets missed or do the refs respect their players more? I'm not bashing Elliott or the refs, I'm just trying to figure this out.

Elliott played a solid team game from start to finish for the first time in a couple of weeks. Ferguson found his shot and Weddington did a good job in disrupting Jone's offense. The game was called pretty well. I thinl many teams try to get overly physical with Elliott due to Elliott starting three Freshmen and when this happens, more fouls are naturally called. Addionally Elliott proved to be quicker than West resulting in West committing many holding and pushing fouls.

That makes sense. Thanks for the reply BogeyMan.

I wonder why the Elliott County games are so different in the way fouls are called. Either no fouls are called altogether or the fouls are lopsided with less called on Elliott. What is Elliott's secret? Is their style so chaotic that a lot gets missed or do the refs respect their players more? I'm not bashing Elliott or the refs, I'm just trying to figure this out.

 

I have been observing high school basketball for the last 15 years (I played '89-'95) - and is it just me, or has the overall quality of referees in the mountain regions declined each year? I mean, there are some excellent officials out there, but as a group, it seems that there are many mediocre officials out there these days. There are a couple of crews that I can look at as soon as they walk out of the lockerroom and automatically know that it is going to be a terrible game. Anyone else feel this way?

Yes, one ref in particular for West. His intitials are JB, and he has reffed all but two of their games so far. He seems to really have it out for a couple of players. One foul in the second quarter was the worst call of the night, and really started to change the momentum. I along with the rest of the West Carter faithful are getting sick of seeing his sinister grin walk out the the lockerroom. But, don't get me wrong, he IS NOT the reason the comets lost the game, Elliott seemed to want it more.

I don't think he "has it out" for any particular player.

 

I just believe he isn't a careful official--as he is not well-liked by many schools. He seems to treat them all equally bad??

 

I believe that the coaches have some "Say" in who is assigned to ref their home games. Maybe the West staff should request that "JB" not do so many West games.

 

All but two games is too many--the ref could get too familiar with the team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.