Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Biggest Disappointment This MLB Season

Who's Been the Biggest Disappointment this Season? 20 members have voted

  1. 1. Who's Been the Biggest Disappointment this Season?

    • Philadelphia Phillies
      20%
    • Miami Marlins
      40%
    • LA Angels
      20%
    • Boston Red Sox
      20%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I've got to go with the Marlins. I'd put the Angels second, the Phillies third and the Red Sox fourth. As bad as the Phillies were hampered by injuries the Red Sox were even more decimated. The Red Sox set the MLB record for number of different players placed on the DL--by the middle of August. They never were able to put their projected every day lineup on the field. Just a disaster as far as injuries--and most people had them picked third in the AL East anyway.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think his contract was the reason for that. Not Ozzie...

 

 

Then Ozzie is weaker than I thought.

As are the majority of managers in that regard...

 

 

So was it Ozzie's call to remove him as the closer, and then put him back in as closer? I just feel you're making way too many excuses for your manager.

I think someone with a better personality in the clubhouse and toward the media could've been more successful than Guillen. It's on the players too but they aren't "managing" a group of guys.

 

I only mentioned the media because the players don't like being called out like he does.

So was it Ozzie's call to remove him as the closer, and then put him back in as closer? I just feel you're making way too many excuses for your manager.
I never said he did a great job. Just that the blame DEFINITELY doesn't lie with him. Ozzie removed him because he sucked and gave him another chance because he has a fresh new contract with closer bucks attached to it. I do believe he had pressure from the FO to do that as I think would happen in most scenarios like that...
I think someone with a better personality in the clubhouse and toward the media could've been more successful than Guillen. It's on the players too but they aren't "managing" a group of guys.

 

I only mentioned the media because the players don't like being called out like he does.

But his same personality and managerial style won the World Series in 2005...
I never said he did a great job. Just that the blame DEFINITELY doesn't lie with him. Ozzie removed him because he sucked and gave him another chance because he has a fresh new contract with closer bucks attached to it. I do believe he had pressure from the FO to do that as I think would happen in most scenarios like that...

 

 

So if you could start the season all over you'd still be happy with Ozzie as choice of manager?

So if you could start the season all over you'd still be happy with Ozzie as choice of manager?
I'd be fine with it.

 

Do you think a different manager would have netted 25 more wins?

But his same personality and managerial style won the World Series in 2005...

 

You think he was as crazy then as he is now? I remember him saying some stupid things but always felt, after he won, he thought he had the freedom to say whatever he wanted to whomever he wanted. Dude's gone off the deep end.

I'd be fine with it.

 

Do you think a different manager would have netted 25 more wins?

 

Maybe not but a different manager might have kept it respectable so there's a fighting chance next year. At this rate they're 3 years away from contending.

You think he was as crazy then as he is now? I remember him saying some stupid things but always felt, after he won, he thought he had the freedom to say whatever he wanted to whomever he wanted. Dude's gone off the deep end.
Honestly I probably can't fairly answer that (and I doubt anyone in here can). I follow what he says and does a lot closer now than I ever did then.
Maybe not but a different manager might have kept it respectable so there's a fighting chance next year. At this rate they're 3 years away from contending.
So how many more wins do you think a different manager might have netted then, in order to be "respectable"? I'm curious as to how many wins you think a manager is worth. For me it's very low...
So how many more wins do you think a different manager might have netted then, in order to be "respectable"? I'm curious as to how many wins you think a manager is worth. For me it's very low...

 

I agree. I usually don't think it's very many. However, it's different when things are going so badly 2 months in that anyone that has ever had a good season is dealt. It's impossible to know anyway. It's even more impossible with a fire sale.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.