Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

Welcome to one of the (negative) issues with 6 classes. Districts and Regions that are stretched further and further apart.

Welcome to one of the (negative) issues with 6 classes. Districts and Regions that are stretched further and further apart.

 

Bluegrasscard I will semi disagree with you, back when I played in the old 4 class system we had district games that were 2.5 - 3 hours away. Part of that is merely location of schools, but we had to pass through the schools in Lexington to get to the KY/TN border.

I guess that benefits them some, but Lone Oak will be tough this year.

 

It benefits Collins. Boyle beat them 49-26. If they come out of the west then just bring the state trophy to whoever makes it from the east the day after Thanksgiving.

Bluegrasscard I will semi disagree with you, back when I played in the old 4 class system we had district games that were 2.5 - 3 hours away. Part of that is merely location of schools, but we had to pass through the schools in Lexington to get to the KY/TN border.

 

Understand. The 6 class system only makes it worse - especially at playoff time. The West and South Central schools seem to have it the worst under the 6 class set-up.

So Guru do you think Knox co central is better than RC? So why? We basicly have the same team as last yr and beat them? just wondering you'r logic?

So Guru do you think Knox co central is better than RC? So why? We basicly have the same team as last yr and beat them? just wondering you'r logic?

 

OK, first thing to do is learn our name. There is no Knox Co. Central. It's Knox Central.:D

As to the second part, could it be because Knox Central does not have the same team back as last year? In some ways, we're quite a bit better.

Finally, I agree with you in that I think most polls I've seen have Russell County underrated. I would not be upset if they were ranked ahead of KC at this time. We'll find out soon enough.

Russell County/Knox Central will be a great game.

1. Highlands vs. #2 Covington Catholic

2. Covington Catholic at #1 Highlands

3. Lexington Catholic at 5A Mercer County

4. Ashland vs. Rowan County

5. Lone Oak vs. Calloway County

6. Boyle County vs. Taylor County

7. Knox Central vs. 5A #8 Harlan County

8. Collins vs. Spencer County

9. Russell County at 5A Letcher County Central

10. Johnson Central at Boyd County

 

I took a look at this thing with the idea of rewarding both Knox Central and Russell County by moving them up. Problem is, that's six pretty good teams sitting up there ahead of them. Unless someone slips up, I guess we're just gonna have to wait for the playoffs to settle things.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.