Cowboys 24 Giants 17

You are taking it too literally. The point he is making is the Giants get it done with their backs against the wall when it looks as if the ship will sink. Playing all the starters against the Patriots final game of the season the year of their first Superbowl defied normal logic, Coughlin is one game from being fired then the Giants reel off multiple games in a row and win a Superbowl, etc...

I do know that Coughlin is an old school type coach and it has to drive him nuts they are not able to run the ball more effectively than they do. Though with the NFL rules I am not sure how important it is to have a running game. Eli is more than capable of rallying the troops. My boy, Victor Cruz, dropping 3 passes did kind of bother me considering the most he has ever dropped in a game is 1 pass. Hoping he did not get to full of himself in the offseason with his promotional tour. He will be fine. I still do not like the Martellus Bennett signing. Guy probably had the best game of his career on Thursday, but he just seems like bad karma. But again, the Giants buck common sense so he will probably somewhat live up to his expectations now in NY.

He said Eli with a terrible amount of turnovers, how else am I suppose to read that. Do you have non-literal glasses I can borrow? :D

He said Eli with a terrible amount of turnovers, how else am I suppose to read that. Do you have non-literal glasses I can borrow? :D
In year's past he has last year no he did not he was great, yet, the Giants have still gotten it done. I think he meant it as an all-encompassing of the Giants and their non-traditional winning ways - especially during Coughlin's tenure. If I were you, HB20, I would be calling for Coughlin's head right now.

You are taking it too literally. The point he is making is the Giants get it done with their backs against the wall when it looks as if the ship will sink. Playing all the starters against the Patriots final game of the season the year of their first Superbowl defied normal logic, Coughlin is one game from being fired then the Giants reel off multiple games in a row and win a Superbowl, etc...

I do know that Coughlin is an old school type coach and it has to drive him nuts they are not able to run the ball more effectively than they do. Though with the NFL rules I am not sure how important it is to have a running game. Eli is more than capable of rallying the troops. My boy, Victor Cruz, dropping 3 passes did kind of bother me considering the most he has ever dropped in a game is 1 pass. Hoping he did not get to full of himself in the offseason with his promotional tour. He will be fine. I still do not like the Martellus Bennett signing. Guy probably had the best game of his career on Thursday, but he just seems like bad karma. But again, the Giants buck common sense so he will probably somewhat live up to his expectations now in NY.

Btw, regarding the rest of your post...

The Giants are 62-27 under Coughlin when they rush for at least 100 yards. They are 20-31 when they don't.

They are 11-11 when Eli throws for 300 yards or more.

71-47 when he doesn't.

As for Cruz, he had this issue last year but it wasn't so often in one game. He tends to look downfield before he secures the ball. Sometimes that leads to huge plays though. I can live with a few drops once in a while, but three in a game hurts.

In year's past he has last year no he did not he was great' date=' yet, the Giants have still gotten it done. I think he meant it as an all-encompassing of the Giants and their non-traditional winning ways - especially during Coughlin's tenure. If I were you, HB20, I would be calling for Coughlin's head right now.[/quote']

Usually the team rallies around him when many want him fired. I'm starting a fire Coughlin website now. :lol:

And Eli has had one year with a lot of turnovers. That was two years ago.

Usually the team rallies around him when many want him fired. I'm starting a fire Coughlin website now. :lol:

And Eli has had one year with a lot of turnovers. That was two years ago.

On Mike and Mike this morning they said he leads the league since 2009 with 73 or almost 25 per year. Mark Sanchez was second with 60 something.

All I know is that if the Giants can get in the playoffs, they have a shot of winning it all. :lol:

The preferred route to the super bowl is a 1st round game vs an NFC South Team (Bucs/Falcons), a 2nd round road game vs. the #1 seed (Cowboys/Packers), and finally a conference championship road game vs the NFC #2 seed (Packers/Niners).

And of course we always hope to play the heavily favored Pats in the super bowl. :D

You are missing the "one of the Pat's stars suffers a severely sprained ankle and the media covers it 26 hours a day up until game time."

Did Eli have a terrible amount of turnovers last year? I believe he threw 29 TD's vs 16 INTS. Eli played well all year last year and without him they wouldn't have won 5 games.

Did he lead the league with 25 interceptions the year before? Is that clear enough. I wasn't talking about last year only. I'm saying since the 1st Super Bowl season they haven't been your typical kind of team you would expect to win it all. Somebody like the Packers or the Pats the 1st time they broke their undefeated streak were teams that dominated. The Giants have caught fire when it counted. I would venture to guess no team has ever won the Super Bowl while being the lowest in the league rushing.

Did he lead the league with 25 interceptions the year before? Is that clear enough. I wasn't talking about last year only. I'm saying since the 1st Super Bowl season they haven't been your typical kind of team you would expect to win it all. Somebody like the Packers or the Pats the 1st time they broke their undefeated streak were teams that dominated. The Giants have caught fire when it counted. I would venture to guess no team has ever won the Super Bowl while being the lowest in the league rushing.

Did the Packers not do something similar to the Giants when they won it?

And I know you probably won't believe it coming from me, but Eli had a lot of interceptions bounce off WR's hands that year. More than 2-3 I mean.

And I realize he has had a history of turnovers but not last season. He played great last season. He was the only bright spot for the Giants at times last year.

You get way to offended when it comes to the Giants. Their champs. Nobody can take that away. I don't think they were the best team in the NFL last year but they won when it counted and that's what matters. All I was saying is that it's weird how they can have a span the last few years where they have A. had a QB lead the league in int's. B. lead the league in worst rushing off. C. Have stinker games at home that they should win. Yet the still won it twice.

It's also odd that the Packers had a terrible defense last year and won like they did.

You always hear "Defense wins championships" "you have to run the ball to win in the post season" "you have to win the turnover battle to win" etc.

You get way to offended when it comes to the Giants. Their champs. Nobody can take that away. I don't think they were the best team in the NFL last year but they won when it counted and that's what matters. All I was saying is that it's weird how they can have a span the last few years where they have A. had a QB lead the league in int's. B. lead the league in worst rushing off. C. Have stinker games at home that they should win. Yet the still won it twice.

It's also odd that the Packers had a terrible defense last year and won like they did.

You always hear "Defense wins championships" "you have to run the ball to win in the post season" "you have to win the turnover battle to win" etc.

I have not been offended one time in this thread. Not sure where you got that.

Yeah, Eli led the league in interceptions one year. But the Giants did not win the super bowl that year. Eli was on fire most of last season. He played his best season by far. The Giants lack of a run game and bad defense is what kept them from being better in the regular season. Do I have an explanation for how the Giants manage to be just good enough to get in the playoffs, and then turn it on? No, I have no idea how they do it. Their defense stunk most of the year last year. Then when they were 7-7 and needed to win out...they played amazing. I don't have a clue what happened other than they got a few guys healthy. I guess things just clicked.

I am still confident that the Giants will have a decent year this year. They played pretty bad Wednesday night and only lost by 7. Now if they lose next week vs. Tampa Bay I'll be a little discouraged.

Just unconventional for how you would think a Super Bowl team is.

They are good again. That Division is loaded! Tampa will not be an easy out. They are much proved I think.

Giants secondary was pathetic to start the season when they won it. It's a long year. Way to early to panic.

I think Dallas was a playoff team w Muarry last year. He brings a running game+physicality they need.

Just unconventional for how you would think a Super Bowl team is.

They are good again. That Division is loaded! Tampa will not be an easy out. They are much proved I think.

Giants secondary was pathetic to start the season when they won it. It's a long year. Way to early to panic.

I think Dallas was a playoff team w Muarry last year. He brings a running game+physicality they need.

Dallas might have had playoff potential last year but once the Giants started their run, Dallas wouldn't have beat them either way. The week 17 game in MetLife stadium for all the NFC East marbles wasn't much of a game at all. The Giants just turned it on.

And the Giants have some secondary issues for the second year in a row due to injuries. Last year they lost Terrell Thomas (all year) Prince Amukamara (for most of the season). This year Thomas is out again for the season. His career might be over. Amukamara has a high ankle sprain. Unfortunately the Giants also lost Aaron Ross through free agency as well. They are thin at corner w/o Prince. Hopefully he comes back soon.

As for the Bucs, I also think they have improved. Don't feel like it will be a cakewalk that's for sure.