Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region

Featured Replies

  • Author
My Top 10 would be:

1. Anderson County

2. Walton Verona

3. Collins

4. Simon Kenton

5. Owen County

6. Gallatin County

7. South Oldham

8. Shelby County

9. Grant County

10. Henry County

 

I think it will come down to Anderson and Walton if both teams stay healthy and improve as the year goes on. Walton did lose alot and it will take them some time to get some of the younger players the experience they need to make a run at it. I look for Collins to be a possible surprise team and be a threat in the 8th. Should be a fun year.

Showing Gallatin very little respect IMO.
  • Replies 49
  • Views 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Gallatin County is a scrapy bunch who can light it up from the perimeter but I think their lack of size will hurt them against teams who have quality interior players. They do have one of the best coaches in the region and I'm sure Coach Roberts will work on things to overcome this barrier.

Grant County has a new coach (Coach West) and one of the best players in the region. Coach West should bring new life to the Lady Braves and with the progression of the younger players they will win several games. My biggest concern about Grant is that their schedule is not real strong and this may effect them come tournament time.

You might be surprised.
You might be surprised.

 

Like I said, Coach Roberts will work on things to overcome this barrier. I'm not meaning to show them any lack of respect. Gallatin has a fine squad and plays hard. If their perimeter game is not on, they will have to rely on something else to get the job done. When they are in the zone, they can compete with and possibly beat anyone in the region. Heck, you ranked them #4 and I ranked them #6. We're not that far apart.

Showing Gallatin very little respect IMO.

 

I agree on that , I'll put them in the top 4 !:thumb:

Gallatin could easily be a 4 or even a 3 power ranked team because of their athleticism and ability to spread the floor with their shooting, HOWEVER - they could have a night where they look like a 7 or 8 because they do have a weakness - They have no real post play and are not very big.

 

That is why I said - they have potential to be a higher ranked team - but I don't think they will look like it consistently - Some teams will expose their weakness more than others.

  • Author
Like I said, Coach Roberts will work on things to overcome this barrier. I'm not meaning to show them any lack of respect. Gallatin has a fine squad and plays hard. If their perimeter game is not on, they will have to rely on something else to get the job done. When they are in the zone, they can compete with and possibly beat anyone in the region. Heck, you ranked them #4 and I ranked them #6. We're not that far apart.
Fair enough.

As long as Owen loses, I am happy

As long as Owen loses, I am happy

 

Ouch!!

As long as Owen loses, I am happy

 

Wow, some 8th region dislike that is not directed to Walton...surprising.

  • Author
Wow, some 8th region dislike that is not directed to Walton...surprising.
I am pretty sure that one4one dislikes WV also, but dislikes Owen even more, LOL.
  • Author
Gallatin could easily be a 4 or even a 3 power ranked team because of their athleticism and ability to spread the floor with their shooting, HOWEVER - they could have a night where they look like a 7 or 8 because they do have a weakness - They have no real post play and are not very big.

 

That is why I said - they have potential to be a higher ranked team - but I don't think they will look like it consistently - Some teams will expose their weakness more than others.

Pretty fair assessment. One of Gallatin"s strength's will also be their unselfishness. Guard play should be very solid, somewhat young, but with a LOT of experience. Post play will be much better than most are expecting.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. I have grown to like WV a little better now.

Pretty fair assessment. One of Gallatin"s strength's will also be their unselfishness. Guard play should be very solid, somewhat young, but with a LOT of experience. Post play will be much better than most are expecting.
I agree I think guard play will be as solid as anybody in the 8th for Gallatin. I saw Brooke Dossett play several times over the summer with a very talented team and she played a ton of minutes and was a leader on that team. I think her decision making and all around game improved this summer. I saw Hannah Dossett play just a couple times and her shooting is still lights out. If I'm Gallatin just IMO I'm not so concerned with post players as I am in players that can run the floor and are athletic enough to really get after teams with a pressing defense. With the guard talent they have if they can force teams to play up tempo and limit their half court possesions I think they will be a very dangerous team.
  • Author
I agree I think guard play will be as solid as anybody in the 8th for Gallatin. I saw Brooke Dossett play several times over the summer with a very talented team and she played a ton of minutes and was a leader on that team. I think her decision making and all around game improved this summer. I saw Hannah Dossett play just a couple times and her shooting is still lights out. If I'm Gallatin just IMO I'm not so concerned with post players as I am in players that can run the floor and are athletic enough to really get after teams with a pressing defense. With the guard talent they have if they can force teams to play up tempo and limit their half court possesions I think they will be a very dangerous team.
Thanks for chiming in with your spot on assessment. The post players will run the floor pretty well IMO. Decision making will be a strength for this team, with several players having good basketball I.Q.'s.
Thanks for chiming in with your spot on assessment. The post players will run the floor pretty well IMO. Decision making will be a strength for this team, with several players having good basketball I.Q.'s.

 

What about their depth?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.