Video for BigGreenHorse

spindoc

No question he knows what he's talking about and is a very smart guy but I've never trusted him politically.

I understand that and even debated posting the link. But the issues remain. Are the Obama supporters prepared for the tax issues he brings on all of us? Not just the ones who don't vote for him, all of us. I would like to hear the response. You can question the guys motive for the video, but it's fact. It's not heresy, it's reality. And personally there's no chance I want to have to deal with the fallout of 4 more years.

I hope that the democratic supporters respond to these issues in this thread and we don't get crickets.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that and even debated posting the link. But the issues remain. Are the Obama supporters prepared for the tax issues he brings on all of us? Not just the ones who don't vote for him, all of us. I would like to hear the response. You can question the guys motive for the video, but it's fact. It's not heresy, it's reality. And personally there's no chance I want to have to deal with the fallout of 4 more years.

I hope that the democratic supporters respond to these issues in this thread and we don't get crickets.

Sadly, there is no response to give. He is who we thought he was.

Nope. It should give one pause though ie do some research on your own. By its very nature it's slanted because of how he gets paid.

I disagree. I've done the research. I've had this discussion several times in previous threads. Hell, I should make a video. Those are the issues that, IMO, are the very crux of this economy with regards to the election.

I disagree. I've done the research. I've had this discussion several times in previous threads. Hell, I should make a video. Those are the issues that, IMO, are the very crux of this economy with regards to the election.

Great. Show me that it's true.

Here's what I've read.

Morris claims now every $ over $102k is taxed for social security. I read that there is a "donut hole" on the $ between $102k and $250k ie no taxes on those $. You would be taxed for SS on all dollars over $250k. So, either I'm wrong or Dick Morris is wrong.

Great. Show me that it's true.

Come on Clyde, have we not hashed out the issues packed into Obamacare ad nauseum? Really? Are the tax plans that obscure? I'm not going down that aisle again. You're a smart man. I respect your intellect. Do you really think any of what he said in the video is a fallacy?

Here's what I've read.

Morris claims now every $ over $102k is taxed for social security. I read that there is a "donut hole" on the $ between $102k and $250k ie no taxes on those $. You would be taxed for SS on all dollars over $250k. So, either I'm wrong or Dick Morris is wrong.

I pay out of SS now at 102. And under the new tax plan, I'd never pay out. Do I understand you to say that you pay to 102, then nothing til you get to 250? That's not what I understand at all.

Come on Clyde, have we not hashed out the issues packed into Obamacare ad nauseum? Really? Are the tax plans that obscure? I'm not going down that aisle again. You're a smart man. I respect your intellect. Do you really think any of what he said in the video is a fallacy?

I think I just posted the part that I think is fallacy.

He wasn't talking about the "tax" issue regarding AHCA. He was talking income tax changes. So what am I missing? Where can I find what the President has said he would like to do with taxes next term?

I pay out of SS now at 102. And under the new tax plan, I'd never pay out. Do I understand you to say that you pay to 102, then nothing til you get to 250? That's not what I understand at all.

Hold on. I just realized the link I read was old. Let me look some more.

From an article today:

Obama hasn't laid out a detailed plan for addressing Social Security. But during the 2008 campaign, he called for applying the Social Security payroll tax to wages above $250,000. It is now limited to wages below $110,100, a level that increases with inflation.

Raise taxes to save Social Security, Americans say | OregonLive.com

So Morris says he has already has plans to do it as if it's fact and the article says he hasn't made any changes. ??