Mayfield 63 Madisonville North Hopkins 21

Mayfield looked pretty good to me. They ran the ball well and passed the ball well. The pass coverage could use a litle more work. Some players such as #4 Dion Jackson had a breakout game. I think Guhy threw for 300 yds in the 1st half while Mayfield had 500 total yds in the 1st half. Madisonville wasn't the calibre of WC but they were a decent team that had a bad night.

Beechwood was at the game or at least there was a Beechwood school SUV in the parking lot. Maybe we could get a game recap from them?

Mayfield looked pretty good to me. They ran the ball well and passed the ball well. The pass coverage could use a litle more work. Some players such as #4 Dion Jackson had a breakout game. I think Guhy threw for 300 yds in the 1st half while Mayfield had 500 total yds in the 1st half. Madisonville wasn't the calibre of WC but they were a decent team that had a bad night.

Beechwood was at the game or at least there was a Beechwood school SUV in the parking lot. Maybe we could get a game recap from them?

Snot.......the SUV was to bring transfer students back to BW, don't you know. There is a fear that a slew of BW players now want to transfer to Simon Kenton.

Snake I might have been wrong on a couple of my pre-game assessments! I thought the offense looked very explosive, Jackson running like a man possessed, Guy looked better, and I was very impressed with Reed as a reciever. Defense still has a lot of room for improvement, and defense wins championships.

I agree about Reed. I know he's the backup QB, but, he's also a good athlete and brings another weapon to the table at WR. I also think Deion Jackson is coming into his own as a WR. That's 2 really good weapons to add to the mix to free up Brown, Jackson and Mills a little. Deion sounded pretty good at CB, as well, which is an area they definately need help in.

Madisonville — First downs: 5.

Rushingattempts-yards: 18-114.

Passing-yards: 14-23-1 154.

Total yards: 268.

Penalties-yards:5-50. Fumbles-lost: 3-2.

Mayfi eld — First downs: 17

Rushingattempts-yards: 30-265.

Passing-yards: 13-16-0 419.

Total yards: 684.

Penalties-yards:2-20.

Fumbles-lost: 4-3.

INDIVIDUAL LEADERS

Rushing — Madisonville: Tichenor 2-67,

Gray 3-40. Mayfi eld: J. Jackson 11-101, Mills

9-58, Tyler 5-33, D. Jackson 1-42, Reed 1-22,

Brown 1-9, Guhy 1-0, Hernandez 1-0.

Passing — Madisonville: DeMercurio 14-