Madisonville-North Hopkins/Mayfield Updates

swamprat

On the kickoff, the Cardinals get the ball on there own 27 yd line... They pick up 47 yds on the 1st play on a another big pass from Guhy to Brown.. Jonathan Jackson picks up 10 on the next play down to the 16 yd line. Jackson picks up 15 on the next play down to the 1 yard line and 2 plays later, Jackson takes it in to answer the Maroon score... The Cards go for 2 and make it on a pass from Guhy to Dillon Reed.. 35 14 Cards lead, still over 6:00 to go in the 2nd qtr..

As I entered stadium I got a kick out of seeing a Beechwood Independent School suburban in the lot. Guess we should get use to seeing that in the lot each week this season

Suburban? I thought they like to hide and not let anyone know they were watching.

1st half stats:

1st downs ..... Mfd 13 ..... Mdv 1

Rushing yds ..... Mfd 149 yds ..... Mdv 85 yds

Passing yds ..... Mfd 351 yds ..... Mdv 87 yds

Total yds ..... Mfd 500 yds ..... Mdv 172 yds

Fumbles ..... Mfd 3, lost 2 ..... Mdv 2, lost 0

Penalties ..... Mfd 1 x 5 yds ..... Mdv 1 x 15 yds

Jonathan Jackson had 11 carries for 101 yds...

Stuart Mills had 15 carries for 45 yds...

Jake Guhy was 12 x 15 for 351 yds passing and 4 TDs, 0 ints...

Jordan Brown had 6 receptions for 191 yds and 2 TDs...

500 offensive yards in 1 half of football is pretty impressive...

Suburban? I thought they like to hide and not let anyone know they were watching.

Last year they were among us and I never saw a vehicle. I guess they figure this year that there is no reason to cover it up. They are getting a great show tonight

Madisonville got the ball to start the 2nd half and after picking up a 1st down, the Maroons fumble the ball and Mayfield recovers it and on the 1st play from scrimmage, Dion Jackson takes the ball on a sweep for 40 yds and another TD...PAT good again... 49-14 Cardinals...

The Cards JV unit put together a 5 minute, 50+ yd drive but a Maroon lineman stripped the ball from the RB and took it back 60 yds for the score...PAT good, 56-21...

On the ensuing possession, Dion Jackson takes a long run in for another Cardinal touchdown by the JV team...PAT good... 63-21...

That should do it as there's just over a minute to go in the game...