Belfry 46 Harrison County 14

Belfry starters didn't see a snap in the 2nd Half and outgained Harrison 277-54 despite technically having 4 less posessions (2 defensive TD's, a punt return TD, and Harrison received the opening kick). Belfry was subbing in the 2nd Quarter and left no doubt.

Possibly the sharpest I can remember seeing a Belfry team in a season opener in quite some time. This team has the potential to be special but still a long way to go.

Trenity Carr had 129 yards and 2 TD on 5 carries. This kid looks like a new football player since last season and may have a breakout season.

This was a nice performance by Belfry, especially in game 1. Belfry's teams usually start slow and build from there. I'm not sure how to deal with a squad that starts out the year looking this sharp. LOL

Harrison County played hard but was just overmatched. Belfry was playing without some key contributors, but their depth seemed to cover it up.

I was impressed with Carr, he looked really strong and quick. One of the quickest fullbacks I have seen at Belfry. Warren will also be a ton of fun to watch run the offense. The defense was very quick to the ball, that speed will serve them well.

I don't want to get carried away because the competition level wasn't very high, but that changes this week when Henry Clay comes to town.

This was a nice performance by Belfry, especially in game 1. Belfry's teams usually start slow and build from there. I'm not sure how to deal with a squad that starts out the year looking this sharp. LOL

Harrison County played hard but was just overmatched. Belfry was playing without some key contributors, but their depth seemed to cover it up.

I was impressed with Carr, he looked really strong and quick. One of the quickest fullbacks I have seen at Belfry. Warren will also be a ton of fun to watch run the offense. The defense was very quick to the ball, that speed will serve them well.

I don't want to get carried away because the competition level wasn't very high, but that changes this week when Henry Clay comes to town.

I liked what WYMT had to say.

It was something to the effect of,

"With Belfry it's not about how good they are at the start of the season, it is about where they are at come the end of it. But looking at them tonight...wow"

NCF,

I am with you. Technically Belfry was still "playing up" but Harrison simply wasn't competitive at all. Not every non-district game has to be one where Belfry is either evenly matched or an underdog, but at the same time the Pirates got very little out of this compared to if they played a more competitive team. Your starters maybe had 20 reps at most.

Just a quick look at the scoreboard and I see these names playing non-district games that are not "rivalry" games:

Pulaski County

DeSales

Male

Rockcastle County

John Hardin

NewCath

Any of those would have been a significant upgrade.

• 8 months later...

I am watching this one on VHS now and thought why not post on it, sorry if this upsets anyone.

Overall Belfry looked as good as a team can this early into the season.

The kicking game, extra points would worry me a lot.

Harrison County, sadly looked as poorly as a team could.

To me it looked like they were mismatched in every aspect of the game.

To their credit it did look like on tape that they never quit trying.

Guest Birdflu
I am watching this one on VHS now and thought why not post on it, sorry if this upsets anyone.

Overall Belfry looked as good as a team can this early into the season.

The kicking game, extra points would worry me a lot.

Harrison County, sadly looked as poorly as a team could.

To me it looked like they were mismatched in every aspect of the game.

To their credit it did look like on tape that they never quit trying.

What is this VHS thing that you talk about?