Top Post Players You Have Seen this Year

In no particular order some of the big men who I have seen this year who thouroughly impressed me are: Nathan Novosel-Lexington Catholic, Tyler Wilkinson-Lafayette, Dion Johnson-Dunbar, Joseph Grisanti-St. Xavier, LaBrandon Manning-Eastern, Bryan Staed-Boyle Co., Danny Noll-Cov. Catholic

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In no particular order some of the big men who I have seen this year who thouroughly impressed me are: Nathan Novosel-Lexington Catholic, Tyler Wilkinson-Lafayette, Dion Johnson-Dunbar, Joseph Grisanti-St. Xavier, LaBrandon Manning-Eastern, Bryan Staed-Boyle Co., Danny Noll-Cov. Catholic

DNoll is a great kid but I'm not sure that he belongs in this category. What game did you see him in?

Swofford - Clay Co.

Ivey - O'Cath

Asher - North Laurel

Allen - South Laurel

Smith - South Laurel

McDavid - Ashland

Collins - Miami Sr.

Elliott - Pendleton

Turner - Mason

Mackins - Trigg

Miller - Henry Clay

Boyd - Henry Clay

Novosel - LexCath

Wilkinson - Lafayette

Wright - Brentwood Acad.

Meeks - Pulaski Co.

Jones - GRC

Stocker - Madison So.

Lee - Scott Co.

Mackey - Scott Co.

Romes - Beechwood

Morgan - Leslie Co.

Day - Leslie Co.

Swofford - Clay Co.

Ivey - O'Cath

Asher - North Laurel

Allen - South Laurel

Smith - South Laurel

McDavid - Ashland

Collins - Miami Sr.

Elliott - Pendleton

Turner - Mason

Mackins - Trigg

Miller - Henry Clay

Boyd - Henry Clay

Novosel - LexCath

Wilkinson - Lafayette

Wright - Brentwood Acad.

Meeks - Pulaski Co.

Jones - GRC

Stocker - Madison So.

Lee - Scott Co.

Mackey - Scott Co.

Romes - Beechwood

Morgan - Leslie Co.

Day - Leslie Co.

Nice list but Romes doesn't play post.

15 points and 13 rebounds. You basketball "Know-it-Alls" can criticize all you want but Dan Penick is having a nice year and when it's over he will sign a Div. 1 Scholarship and then he will be getting the last laugh.

I'm not going to go on and on about Penick, because everyone should know how many of us feel about him in the 9th. Overrated.

But there is a kid in the 9th Region that nobody is mentioning. His name is Zack Keirnan. Teams around the state don't know of him. But this kid is a beast. 6'5" and built like a brick wall. He has good shooting skills and can play inside with any player in the state. He's only a Junior and IMO is the best big man in the 9th Region.

15 points and 13 rebounds. You basketball "Know-it-Alls" can criticize all you want but Dan Penick is having a nice year and when it's over he will sign a Div. 1 Scholarship and then he will be getting the last laugh.

But BIGZIG, how can we compare him to players on the High School level (maybe you can, when/if he plays in AAU) when the best team that Ludlow will play against are either Ryle or Beechwood? Unless they get out of the district, (with the new format Ludlow has their best chance in years and years and years) he doesn’t get the chance to play other big men or the quality teams in the Commonwealth. It isn't his fault that Ludlow play the schedule it does and I understand why Ludlow plays the schedule it does, but really you wonder as a Ludlow fan why some of your boys leave Ludlow to play with others. It’s called media exposure, not saying its fair, but just saying, that is how it is.

Pat Elliot Pendleton County, sweet feet!!!

Agreed!! Also has a sweet touch, beast of a defender and rebounder; and one of the best passing big men I've seen in years!! Not sure if you consider Holmes' Rice a true post player, but hard to ignore him. Kyle Howard of Scott, NCC's Kiernan and Troy Cooper of Brossart some of the other good post players in NKY!!