Walton Verona 21 Bellevue 6

swamprat

The Bearcats defense was very good. In spite of their punt team giving Bellevue a very short field a couple of times with bad snaps, the Bearcat defense kept Bellevue from getting anything out of any of those opportunities. This included one goal line stand that Bellevue had 3 attempts from about the 3 yard line and couldn't get in.

The Bearcats punt team definitely need to sure things up...they were miserable. One blocked punt that resulted in Bellevues only TD, two bad snaps that got past the punter, and a couple more rushed almost blocked punts. If not for these special teams problems, WV wins this by at least one more TD, probably two. Their offense was always on the long side of the field in the second half.

I was impressed with the way the younger Latimore #27 (spelling?) ran the ball when he got the opportunity. Great speed and broke a lot of tackles...fun to watch run.

Go Bearcats!

I saw on FB that the WV players asked Bellevue to join them in a post game prayer at midfield. After the post game talk from their coach the Tigers went over got on one knee held the hands of the WV players as they all preyed together. That shows me that both teams have some fine young men repserenting their schools. Well done guys, very first class!!

I saw on FB that the WV players asked Bellevue to join them in a post game prayer at midfield. After the post game talk from their coach the Tigers went over got on one knee held the hands of the WV players as they all preyed together. That shows me that both teams have some fine young men repserenting their schools. Well done guys, very first class!!
That is so great to hear! :thumb:

The Bearcats defense dominated the game. Offensively Walton had a few bright spots, but willl need to cut down on the mistakes. Not sure what to say about the punt team, nearly cost them the game. That's why scrimmages with dummy special teams doesn't give a true indicator. I'm sure the staff will make the proper adjustments. All said, big week 1 win with a stiffer test next week at Henry County.