Westboro vs CFA: Different?

Westboro says homosexuality is ruining this country and attributes many of our tragedies to it.

CFA CEO says we're on the wrong path with homosexuality and gay marriage.

If you take out tone, inflammatory words, extreme posters, and the fact the protests are at a funeral how much different are the two messages?

They're both saying it's evil.

Discuss.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Given your criteria, there is little or no difference.

Obviously the country, with the exception of some, cares little about what is being said. It's how it is being expressed.

Agreed. However, they're saying the same thing. So is it just that the CEO is smoother?

We stand up for CFA's right but we do not stand up for Westboro's right. My guess is we will still have many saying they do not have the right to protest even from 301 feet.

Agreed. However, they're saying the same thing. So is it just that the CEO is smoother?

We stand up for CFA's right but we do not stand up for Westboro's right. My guess is we will still have many saying they do not have the right to protest even from 301 feet.

Do you believe a preacher is teaching hate crimes if he preaches against homosexuality ?

They aren't even remotely close to saying the same thing.

Tell me which of the following are incorrect or incomplete:

CFA"we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him

Westboro: Fags are ruining society and to blame for the deaths of servicemen and women.

I hear both saying our country is going to fail due to homosexuality.

Even for you Clyde, this is an unbelievable stretch.

CFA CEO is saying that allowing gay marriage is going against God's will.

Westboro is saying God is murdering people because the Army allows homosexuals.

You really believe they're preaching the same message? You're better than that Clyde.

Even for you Clyde, this is an unbelievable stretch.

CFA CEO is saying that allowing gay marriage is going against God's will.

Westboro is saying God is murdering people because the Army allows homosexuals.

You really believe they're preaching the same message? You're better than that Clyde.

Let's stick to what I posted. What does "inviting God's judgement" imply?

It implies exactly what I posted. You're making enormous leaps trying to relate things that aren't even remotely similar.

Too vague. What do you think that "judgement" might look like? What do you think he thinks that judgement might look like?

Actually correct. CFA CEO is against gay marriage, and you're comparing his stance to that of Westboro. Simple logic says anyone who shares those beliefs is, in your mind, similar to the Westboro lunatics.

Incorrect. It's a matter of degree.

Many are against gay marriage. Does that mean they all think that God is going to reign hell upon us?