New Rule for High School

Clyde

NFHS has issued a new rule for next year regarding the hit-by-pitch rule.

No longer will the umpire have to make a judgment as to the batter attempting to get out of the way.

Good rule. Baseball needs the same rule.

No longer will the umpire have to make a judgment as to the batter attempting to get out of the way.

Bravo!! Baseball definitely needs this rule. It was just ridiculous the number of times I saw this rule come into play last year. I saw one game were 4 batters didn't get the base because the "didn't attempt" to get out of the way.

Bravo!! Baseball definitely needs this rule. It was just ridiculous the number of times I saw this rule come into play last year. I saw one game were 4 batters didn't get the base because the "didn't attempt" to get out of the way.
Advantage power hitters. Stand on top of the plate and let it rip.

Advantage power hitters. Stand on top of the plate and let it rip.

Completely agree, but doesn't both the ball and the batter have to be within the batters box area when the batter is hit for them to get their base? I would think there is still some judgement on if the ball is in the box or not, especially if the batter crowds the plate, but the ump will not have to determine if the batter attempted to get out of the way or not. Agree it will be much easier to call though.

Completely agree, but doesn't both the ball and the batter have to be within the batters box area when the batter is hit for them to get their base? I would think there is still some judgement on if the ball is in the box or not, especially if the batter crowds the plate, but the ump will not have to determine if the batter attempted to get out of the way or not. Agree it will be much easier to call though.
Saw umpires in college games call strikes on girls that were hit by pitches several times last year. If the batter toes the line and leans just a little they will be in the strike zone. Still a tough call for the ump, but I like the rule.

Saw umpires in college games call strikes on girls that were hit by pitches several times last year. If the batter toes the line and leans just a little they will be in the strike zone. Still a tough call for the ump, but I like the rule.

That was the question that came to mind when I saw this. If you get hit by a pitch that is a strike, you will still get first base under the new rule?

I tend to like the rule also any time you can take judgment away from an ump that is a good thing.