Rodney King dead at 47

Hangman

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep forgetting that the video camera was turned on after Rodney quit running and fighting the police. Silly me.

Here's video of Rodney King running and fighting the police. He put up a hell of a fight on the ground.

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy_IlJICcGY

Was he not involved in a high speed pursuit before that? That video obviously doesn't start at the beginning of the incident.

Just to be clear, you all are saying he never ran and he never took one swing at the police?

Because my point which I have tried to be very clear about, was that more police obviously show up when someone runs/fights.

I made no claims about whether or not the police action was justified or not and I don't plan to.

Just to be clear, you all are saying he never ran and he never took one swing at the police?

Because my point which I have tried to be very clear about, was that more police obviously show up when someone runs/fights.

I made no claims about whether or not the police action was justified or not and I don't plan to.

Not denying that at all. At the point the video started it is CLEAR AS A SUNNY DAY IN JAMAICA that he was capable of being arrested and brought back to the station. To say otherwise is to become an 18%er of the police department.

Be real....

Not denying that at all. At the point the video started it is CLEAR AS A SUNNY DAY IN JAMAICA that he was capable of being arrested and brought back to the station. To say otherwise is to become an 18%er of the police department.

Be real....

I don't believe I ever said anything about that.

I said the reason so many police officers responded was due to the fact that he was involved in a high speed pursuit and he resisted.

I don't believe I ever said anything about that.

I said the reason so many police officers responded was due to the fact that he was involved in a high speed pursuit and he resisted.

And what I am saying is that it doesn't matter what he did prior to the cameras rolling. The video doesn't show him running or fighting with the police and to infer as you did that it was reasonable for all of the police to be there and then watch him get his ass beat by 4 cops is mind blowing to say the least. I don't care if he did swing at the police before the record button was pushed. Subdue the subject, hell, tase him, I love a good tasing, but any attempt to excuse the behavior of those 4 cops is just really wrong.

Especially after watching that video again.

And what I am saying is that it doesn't matter what he did prior to the cameras rolling. The video doesn't show him running or fighting with the police and to infer as you did that it was reasonable for all of the police to be there and then watch him get his ass beat by 4 cops is mind blowing to say the least. I don't care if he did swing at the police before the record button was pushed. Subdue the subject, hell, tase him, I love a good tasing, but any attempt to excuse the behavior of those 4 cops is just really wrong.

Especially after watching that video again.

First, I've never said anything about any of the things in the video being wrong or right. So stop saying I did when that is a lie.

I don't even think you are reading my posts at this point. You skim them and assume I'm defending the police when I haven't even came close to that.

Btw, I thought you would know more about this incident than me. I've read very little about it mainly on wikipedia and even Ive read that they did attempt to taser him.

First, I've never said anything about any of the things in the video being wrong or right. So stop saying I did when that is a lie.

I don't even think you are reading my posts at this point. You skim them and assume I'm defending the police when I haven't even came close to that.

Btw, I thought you would know more about this incident than me. I've read very little about it mainly on wikipedia and even Ive read that they did attempt to taser him.

I said you inferred that they were just when you responded to TAC with,"might have had something to do with him running and fighting the police."

That's not a lie. At worst it is a misinterpretation.

I normally read your posts twice before I respond to them.

I was 17 when all of this popped off. I can't find the video that floated around when this popped off. It had video from helicopters and everything. Rodney ran and he ran hard. Doing up to 100 MPH in his Yugo, I believe is what it was. He was high on PCP and drunk if I am not mistaken. I don't remember him swinging on the police after he wrecked and was cornered. I do remember them tasing him and beating him and I remember him trying to get back on his feet. Again, I don't recall him swinging or even coming close to be able to attempt to harm any officers. My beef comes with the part of that night that I posted. That's all I can find and as you can see at that point Rodney wasn't standing up or trying to. The cop's defense was that he kept standing up and kept charging him. You should see the beating he took while he kept trying to stand up and that's all he appeared to be trying to do was stand up. The beating he took on the ground should have been enough to put those cops away but I wasn't. And then the LA Riots happened. Just a sad and tense time in history.

And then OJ happened.

I said you inferred that they were just when you responded to TAC with,"might have had something to do with him running and fighting the police."

That's not a lie. At worst it is a misinterpretation.

I normally read your posts twice before I respond to them.

I was 17 when all of this popped off. I can't find the video that floated around when this popped off. It had video from helicopters and everything. Rodney ran and he ran hard. Doing up to 100 MPH in his Yugo, I believe is what it was. He was high on PCP and drunk if I am not mistaken. I don't remember him swinging on the police after he wrecked and was cornered. I do remember them tasing him and beating him and I remember him trying to get back on his feet. Again, I don't recall him swinging or even coming close to be able to attempt to harm any officers. My beef comes with the part of that night that I posted. That's all I can find and as you can see at that point Rodney wasn't standing up or trying to. The cop's defense was that he kept standing up and kept charging him. You should see the beating he took while he kept trying to stand up and that's all he appeared to be trying to do was stand up. The beating he took on the ground should have been enough to put those cops away but I wasn't. And then the LA Riots happened. Just a sad and tense time in history.

And then OJ happened.

He made a comment about why only one officer was around when he got stopped and several showed up during the King incident. I pointed out what I thought was obvious. Anytime anyone in LA runs from the police and then resists arrest (I'll admit I don't know if he took a swing I was not there) several police are going to show up.

I actually said that I wasn't defending their actions at least once.

I think we all can agree that he was rightfully arrested and should have been forcibly restrained for resisting. However, after he had given up, the police continued to fight him. Say he deserved it if you want to. Police are held to a higher standard than average citizens though. Everyone involved deserved to be held accountable for their actions, including the crime, the chase, the resisting and the beating.

I guess the moral of the story is don't get high on PCP, try to outrun the cops, resist arrest and fight with the cops if you don't want to get a beat down.

Good point. Just like white guys shouldn't drive their trucks through SouthCentral Los Angeles during the riots if they don't want to get beatdown by a bunch of black people. Makes perfect sense.

Good point. Just like white guys shouldn't drive their trucks through SouthCentral Los Angeles during the riots if they don't want to get beatdown by a bunch of black people. Makes perfect sense.

Notice I didn't say "if you are black" don't.... My advice is for everyone, no matter what color you are.

Notice I didn't say "if you are black" don't.... My advice is for everyone, no matter what color you are.

To ignore the racial component in this situation is to turn a blind eye and deaf ear to what blacks in Los Angeles had claimed been going on for far too long. Rodney King was not an isolated incident. It was the breaking point. Would we even know who Rodney King was if they weren't videotaped that night?