Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jake Lankheit named Region 9 POY

Featured Replies

Congrats to Jake. He has really worked hard..........

 

 

......announced last night at CCH's awards night.

Smoothest stroke in NKY. Got a lot better defensively in a key position. Changed his body. Glad to see him recognized.

 

Who gave this award? Coaches? Enquirer?

Congrats to Jake!!

Jake Lankheit=best catcher in N.KY........I thought we talked about this earlier in the year. Congrats, Mr. Lankheit, and good luck in the future.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl29, width: 109]Lankheit

[/TD]

[TD=class: xl24, width: 35]39[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 52]250[/TD]

[TD=class: xl24, width: 57]142[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 52]119[/TD]

[TD=class: xl24, width: 52]10[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 49]44[/TD]

[TD=class: xl24, width: 44]7[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 34]1[/TD]

[TD=class: xl24, width: 38]0[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 55]28[/TD]

[TD=class: xl24, width: 49]17[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 32]3[/TD]

[TD=class: xl24, width: 44]0[/TD]

[TD=class: xl24, width: 43]5[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 44]3[/TD]

[TD=class: xl24, width: 43]5[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 38]3[/TD]

[TD=class: xl24, width: 41]0[/TD]

[TD=class: xl26, width: 34]0[/TD]

[TD=class: xl27, width: 75]0.507[/TD]

[TD=class: xl28, width: 71]0.513[/TD]

[TD=class: xl28, width: 72]0.437[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: xl24, width: 109]Player [/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 35] G[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 52] Inn[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 57] PA[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 52] AB[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 52] R[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 49] 1B[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 44] 2B[/TD]

[TD=class: xl27, width: 34] 3B[/TD]

[TD=class: xl28, width: 38] HR[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 55] RBI[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 49] BB[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 32]SF[/TD]

[TD=class: xl26, width: 44]SAC[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 43] SO[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 44]HBP[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 43] RE[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 38] FC[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 41] SB[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 34] CS[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 75] OBP[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 71] Slg[/TD]

[TD=class: xl25, width: 72] Avg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

 

And he was the starting catcher to a staff that had a over all ERA of 1.41 and he called the pitches, not the CovCath coaches!

 

One thing to remember he was the team leader and more importantly, he was a outstanding catcher to a very strong pitching staff this season.

He played the game hard every single day, never taking a day, a play or swing for granted. The kid loves the game and lives to play it!

 

Congrats Jake!

First of all let me say I think Mr. Lankeit is a very good ball player and I do not mean to say anything bad about him he has earned my respect from watching him play the last 3 years. As Clyde asked above who voted on the POY award ? I have to speak up for my grandson in this matter, sometimes the people who vote on these matters do not have all the facts or they do not look, I don't know so I will supply some stats for everyone to see on behalf of doug Teegarden:

G - 35

INN - 245

PA - 132

AB - 85

R - 42

1B - 29

2B - 6

3B - 2

HR - 4

RBI - 37

BB - 37 (YES THIS IS CORRECT, NEW SCHOOL RECORD, hard to get hits when teams do not pitch to you)

SF - 3

SAC - 5

SO - 5 (3 CALLED, 2 SWING)

HBP - 6

SB - 15

OBP - .641

SLG .741

AVG - .482

FIELDING % .959

PITCHING - W2, L1. S1 - ERA 2.12 (LIMITED BY DOCTORS)

 

Doug works and plays the game as hard or harder then any kid in the game. I do not know what the people who voted for this award looked at but I believe these stats are very impresive. Just had to show this, everyone can judge for themselves, and or make any comments they wish it will not change my feelings one bit, Doug will be my "POY" every year . Thank you.

First of all let me say I think Mr. Lankeit is a very good ball player and I do not mean to say anything bad about him he has earned my respect from watching him play the last 3 years. As Clyde asked above who voted on the POY award ? I have to speak up for my grandson in this matter, sometimes the people who vote on these matters do not have all the facts or they do not look, I don't know so I will supply some stats for everyone to see on behalf of doug Teegarden:

G - 35

INN - 245

PA - 132

AB - 85

R - 42

1B - 29

2B - 6

3B - 2

HR - 4

RBI - 37

BB - 37 (YES THIS IS CORRECT, NEW SCHOOL RECORD)

SF - 3

SAC - 5

SO - 5 (3 CALLED, 2 SWING)

HBP - 6

SB - 15

OBP - .641

SLG .741

AVG - .482

FIELDING % .959

PITCHING - W2, L1. S1 - ERA 2.12 (LIMITED BY DOCTORS)

 

Doug works and plays the game as hard or harder then any kid in the game. I do not know what the people who voted for this award looked at but I believe these stats are very impresive. Just had to show this, everyone can judge for themselves, and or make any comments they wish it will not change my feelings one bit, Doug will be my "POY" every year . Thank you.

 

Obviously, Doug was in the discussion and should be in the discussion.

 

Very nice career for your grandson.

 

Who gave this award? Coaches? Enquirer?

 

I'm still not sure who gave this award but I know it wasn't the Enquirer. I think their POY will come out later this month or early July.

I'm still not sure who gave this award but I know it wasn't the Enquirer. I think their POY will come out later this month or early July.

 

Breaking news, Enquirer POY is Ben Maile.

Breaking news, Enquirer POY is Ben Maile.

 

Wow. That came out earlier that I expected.

Rumor

 

"POLITICS" at which CCH seems to be very good at! Still no answer as to who voted on this award?

"POLITICS" at which CCH seems to be very good at! Still no answer as to who voted on this award?

 

I've never gotten the "politics" claim when it comes to voting for a POY.

 

How would politics enter into a vote like this?

It's my understanding that this award was voted on by the coaches. My information may be wrong but if it's correct you can bet that "politics" had little to do with the outcome. If you know Krumps, "politics" aren't necessarily something he cares to engage in. Why does it always have to be about the person who didn't get an award - can't you just congratulate the young man who won and move on?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.