Dixie Heights/Highland Bluebirds Predictions

Should be a good game. With Stansberry pitching 7 against CovCath and JR Gabe Schultz pitching 4 against Conner, neither are available to pitch in this game.

FR Mitchell Jones (2 inn) and JR Quentin Murray (1 inn) are both available for HHS. SO Joey Cochran started against NCC in the District 36 Final if that is any indication of who might start for HHS.

Although HHS did not get to play on the turf at Florence Freedom yesterday, they played 5 games in 4 days on turf at The Ripken Experience in Myrtle Beach during Spring Break. Those fields had dirt mounds and home plate area (which I think is a much better setup), but is better than having your 1st game on turf be in the Regional Semis.

P.S. Although WED is the last day of school AND the 1st day of Football practice after school, I wouldn't be surprised if Dale lets the football players out of practice in time to get to Florence by 5:00 PM to root on the Baseball Birds. Student support has been great over the last 10 games including Senior Day, Community Appreciation Day, District Tournament (particularly in the Finals against NCC) and yesterday at both Florence Freedom before the game was postponed and at Dixie for the win.

Should be a good game. With Stansberry pitching 7 against CovCath and JR Gabe Schultz pitching 4 against Conner, neither are available to pitch in this game.

FR Mitchell Jones (2 inn) and JR Quentin Murray (1 inn) are both available for HHS. SO Joey Cochran started against NCC in the District 36 Final if that is any indication of who might start for HHS.

Although HHS did not get to play on the turf at Florence Freedom yesterday, they played 5 games in 4 days on turf at The Ripken Experience in Myrtle Beach during Spring Break. Those fields had dirt mounds and home plate area (which I think is a much better setup), but is better than having your 1st game on turf be in the Regional Semis.

P.S. Although WED is the last day of school AND the 1st day of Football practice after school, I wouldn't be surprised if Dale lets the football players out of practice in time to get to Florence by 5:00 PM to root on the Baseball Birds. Student support has been great over the last 10 games including Senior Day, Community Appreciation Day, District Tournament (particularly in the Finals against NCC) and yesterday at both Florence Freedom before the game was postponed and at Dixie for the win.

If Schultz only threw 4 innings, he will be available tomorrow by rule as he only requires 1 day rest (today).

If Schultz only threw 4 innings, he will be available tomorrow by rule as he only requires 1 day rest (today).

You are correct. I always get confused. Rule is summarized below:

1 pitch in any inning = 1 inning

1 or 2 innings, no rest required

3 - 5 innings, 1 day rest required

6 innings, 2 days rest required

7 - 9 innings, 3 days rest required

No > 9 innings in any single day

No > 15 innings in any 7 day period