Crosstown Shootout set to be played at US Bank

Walter

According to Cincinnati.com...

For the first time in 25 years, the Crosstown Shootout will be played next season at U.S. Bank Arena, according to sources.

The rivalry game between the University of Cincinnati and Xavier University will be played on Dec. 18, 19 or 20 and will be televised on one of the ESPN channels, with an official announcement expected in June.

More:

Exclusive: Crosstown Shootout set for U.S. Bank Arena | Cincinnati.com | cincinnati.com

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From a fan perspective, I absolutely hate this.

No way were you going to see problems from either teams on the court next year. Having the game at a neutral site though is opening the door for a lot of problems to potentially occur between drunken fans/students.

Hate this decision. Would have rather seen it go away for 2 years as opposed to playing at US Bank...

Agreed...

I don't think it is fair to UC fans this year or X fans next year to have this game at a neutral site. I assume though, if the game does return to home courts it will be at UC after this 2 year deal is done?

I agree with the above. I hate neutral sites and going to a neutral site will have no impact on anything other than take away the environment.

I think the UC BOT forced this one.

I just don't get the end game here. Move the fighting from the court to the stands? Do they really feel the venom between the two fan bases won't boil over after the final horn and half the building exits as a loser with the winner rubbing it in? Makes zero sense to me...

I just don't get the end game here. Move the fighting from the court to the stands? Do they really feel the venom between the two fan bases won't boil over after the final horn and half the building exits as a loser with the winner rubbing it in? Makes zero sense to me...
If things are getting this bad they need to forget having the game completely.

Add to the fact that both schools will be on winter break when the game is played and it is an even worse idea. Absolutely no atmosphere whatsoever when these two will meet.

I would honestly be somewhat surprised if this game sells out the 16,000 seat arena.

DeCourcy's thoughts:

Exactly what moving the game off campus will do for the rivalry is hard to imagine. It is possible each school will make less money, because they’ll have to pay rent. It increases the possibility of an incident between fans because there’ll be more from each side in greater proximity to each other.

Read more: Xavier-Cincinnati brawl fallout: Shootout moves to neutral site - NCAA Basketball - Sporting News

What the game didn’t need was botched cosmetic surgery.

Read more: Xavier-Cincinnati brawl fallout: Shootout moves to neutral site - NCAA Basketball - Sporting News

I enjoyed listening to Lance today who was convinced Xavier somehow got "over on" UC.

His level of disconnect on the sports world in this town is staggering for someone with his job. Simply zero clue what is really going on most of the time...