Ryle at Brossart

Porky

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pendery park # 4 infield wasnt the problem it was the outfield, it has standing water from center field to right field line. Ryle does have a tarp but wasnt put on this weekend so the infield was unplayable ! BBHS even called NKU to try and play it their but no one at the time could give them the go ahead. Ran out of options I guess.

Pendery park # 4 infield wasnt the problem it was the outfield, it has standing water from center field to right field line. Ryle does have a tarp but wasnt put on this weekend so the infield was unplayable ! BBHS even called NKU to try and play it their but no one at the time could give them the go ahead. Ran out of options I guess.

Sounds like they have the same problem as St. Henry from last week. :idunno:

Sounds like they have the same problem as St. Henry from last week. :idunno:

I am out of town but wouldn't just about every field in the area be playable with the weather the last 2 days?

I am out of town but wouldn't just about every field in the area be playable with the weather the last 2 days?

All depends on who is in charge of the fields, and/or how bad they want to play. Yesderday NewCath had to go to ND. NewCath has to rely on the City of Newport Public Works to ready the field (we are prohibited from doing ANYTHING). Notre Dames Head Coach was at his field at 10 in the morning preping his field on the off chance ours wasn't playable and by 1:00 he had 3 more parents helping him. By 4:00 that field was "immaculate".

Kudos to the coaches and parents at Notre Dame.:thumb:

All depends on who is in charge of the fields, and/or how bad they want to play. Yesderday NewCath had to go to ND. NewCath has to rely on the City of Newport Public Works to ready the field (we are prohibited from doing ANYTHING). Notre Dames Head Coach was at his field at 10 in the morning preping his field on the off chance ours wasn't playable and by 1:00 he had 3 more parents helping him. By 4:00 that field was "immaculate".

Kudos to the coaches and parents at Notre Dame.:thumb:

Yes indeed, as long as it has not rained during the day of the game and you have the labor no reason not to get a game in. Nice job NDA

Brossart is like NCC. They have to reley on someone else to get your field ready. Like Lawnboy said they dont have the option of working on the field themselves . If the river is up BBHS outfield will hold water until the river goes down.

Brossart is like NCC. They have to reley on someone else to get your field ready. Like Lawnboy said they dont have the option of working on the field themselves . If the river is up BBHS outfield will hold water until the river goes down.

I understand that, nothing Brossart could do. Don't understand why Ryle could not have done a little work and got their field ready.

I understand that, nothing Brossart could do. Don't understand why Ryle could not have done a little work and got their field ready.

Could have been because BBHS AD was suspended again and couldn't make the call.