Top 100 NFL Players of 2012

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Quick thoughts at first glance through the list...

I agree with Rodgers as #1. I'd have Brady at #2, Brees next, with Megatron at #4. I'd move Fitzgerald up to #5, above Revis.

I don't think Jimmy Graham should be rated above Andre Johnson. I think Gronkowski should be the top rated TE.

I don't think Justin Smith is one of the 20 best players in the league.

Arian Foster should be higher on the list and the top rated RB.

Eli should be higher.

Victor Cruz is too high.

Devin Hester is way too high. He shouldn't even be on the list.

Peyton Manning should be higher. Cam Newton should be lower.

Tony Gonzalez shouldn't be on the list.

(No need to included Vilma on the list since he won't be playing.)

Philip Rivers is too low.

I would rank Justin Tuck higher. I think he's a very good player and his versatility is a huge key for the Giants and what they like to do on defense. He gets overshadowed somewhat by the guys on the end that put up the big sack numbers, but he's an excellent pass rusher in his own right and the work he does makes life a lot easier on JPP, Osi and the rest.

I'd rate Vick higher.

Joe Flacco shouldn't be on the list.

DeSean Jackson is too high, if he should even be on the list.

Nnamdi, Wilfork, and Joe Thomas should be higher.

Hakeem Nicks, Tony Romo and Chris Johnson should be moved up as well.

I'd probably take London Fletcher, Marshawn Lynch, Cortland Finnegan and Willis McGahee off the list.

Tebow on the list is a joke. It had to be.

And finally, with all due respect to the unglamorous position of FB, Vonta Leach and John Kuhn shouldn't be on the list. If someone was adamant about Leach remaining on, he should be in the bottom ten at the least.

You're telling me that a guy who plays FB on a team that, by attempts, runs the ball about 40% of the time, and by yardage rushing accounts for less than a quarter of their total offense is a top 100 player. Kuhn has had double digit touches in games twice in his career. He was fourth on the team in rushing attempts with 30 (Rodgers was third with 60). He was targeted 18 times in the passing game, catching 15. He had 155 combined yards. He did score 6 TD's, so he's a solid short yardage option, but I hardly think that is worthy of his ranking. But, back to the Packers offense...they are a pass heavy team. I'd be surprised if Kuhn is on the field for 40% of their snaps. They run a lot from one-back sets, and their leading rusher had 578 yards. The duo of Starks and Grant combined for 1137 and 3 TD. So, he isn't paving the way for big production. And, he isn't a crucial pass-blocking guy who stays on the field for that reason. Why is he on the list?

At least Leach paves the way for an elite RB in a rushing offense. Still don't think he's top 100 though, much less top 50 as he's rated.

OK, so the last thought on FB's wasn't so quick. :idunno:

A buddy and I were talking about this list. Is it based on what they did last year or based on how they are projected to be this year? I was thinking based on last year but the list does say Top 100 Players of 2012. Does anybody know?

Well, no one told the voters that it was based on last year unless they got their Mannings confused.