A word to the wise.....

nWo

There is a report that a possible tornado has struck a hospital in Creston, IA by a hospital spokesman. So far there has been a reported 50 tornadoes in the midwest.

We have a group from Church leaving tomorrow and spending the week in Joplin to help rebuild from the tornado last year. Any info on this area would be appreciated nWO.

We have a group from Church leaving tomorrow and spending the week in Joplin to help rebuild from the tornado last year. Any info on this area would be appreciated nWO.
Joplin is in the area that has a slight chance of severe storm today.

day1otlk_1200.gif

Hearing over 70 tornadoes in the plains today.

Preliminary reports are that at least 5 people lost their lives. This total includes two children in the town of Woodword,OK.

I know I'm tired because the warnings I set up for our niece kept sounding and waking me up. I guess everything is okay with her and her family.

Gold, I just read the forecast discussion for the Joplin area. They are looking for the instability to increase late this morning into the early afternoon. This should increase the chance for severe thunderstorms. The models are showing the line of storms that is currently making its way to that area will weaken but with the instability of the atmosphere that will be enhanced by the heating of the day they maybe under showing the strength of the storms.

Gold, I just read the forecast discussion for the Joplin area. They are looking for the instability to increase late this morning into the early afternoon. This should increase the chance for severe thunderstorms. The models are showing the line of storms that is currently making its way to that area will weaken but with the instability of the atmosphere that will be enhanced by the heating of the day they maybe under showing the strength of the storms.

Thanks, I really appreciate your help and input. We are having a short service this morning before they leave. My husband is going with them.

Thanks, I really appreciate your help and input. We are having a short service this morning before they leave. My husband is going with them.

You're welcome. We will be praying for God's traveling grace for them today. Here is the thunderstorm outlook for Joplin. The time period is from 4-8 pm. As you can see there is a 40% chance of thunderstorms, some possibly severe, during that time period.

enh_1600.gif