Before final game, Gregg Williams urged Saints to injure 49ers

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Williams also talked about trying to inflict a knee injury on 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree and referenced 49ers receiver Kyle Williams, who has had multiple concussions.

“We need to find out in the first two series of the game, the little wide receiver, No. 10, about his concussion,” Gregg Williams told his players about Kyle Williams. “We need to [expletive] put a lick on him, move him to decide. He needs to decide.”

What does the might as well put skirts on them crowd have to say about this?

All I can say about some of those quotes...is wow.

He told them to go after Smiths chin (which would be illegal). He told them to go after Frank Gores head. He told them to go after Michael Crabtrees knee.

I doubt Greg Williams will ever coach in the NFL again.

Williams also talked about trying to inflict a knee injury on 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree and referenced 49ers receiver Kyle Williams, who has had multiple concussions.

“We need to find out in the first two series of the game, the little wide receiver, No. 10, about his concussion,” Gregg Williams told his players about Kyle Williams. “We need to [expletive] put a lick on him, move him to decide. He needs to decide.”

What does the might well put skirts on them crowd have to say about this?

That's not even the worst part IMO. He said at one point to hit the head every time in a pile. Make sure before you get up you hit the head. He said something like "they will be shocked with our contact."

He also instructed them to go after Vernon Davis' ankles I believe.

Darren Woodson just spoke I Sportscenter about how Williams specifically naming names and specifically calling out where and how to hit them puts it over the top. He said these speeches happen every Saturday night before Gameday as far as being violent and hitting with a purpose but never with specific intent to injure specific individuals.

I definitely don't agree with Williams approach to the game in calling out specific players with intent to injure. That's crossing the line. I don't have a problem with a bounty system awarding stickers, money or gifts for hard and legal hits that may or may not cause someone to leave the game with an injury.

After this game in which Williams called out basically every 49ers and said how to injure each one were any of the 49ers injured or hit by a Saint with what looks like excessive play? I'd like to watch the game again to see if the Saints were over zealous on defense. If so, is this where criminal charges can be filed since it could be perceived as premeditated after Williams speech?

It's been know all along that specific players were targeted PP. Now we just get to hear exactly how serious they were.

Another funny thing about this? The Saints were told by the NFL that the bounty investigation was being reopened BEFORE this last seasons playoffs. This was the Speech he gave the day before the Saints/9ers playoff game.