Before final game, Gregg Williams urged Saints to injure 49ers

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was very graphic and some outside of football who do not know alot about the game IMHO have blown this way out of proportion and its now a which hunt! When you refer to hitting someone hard, you might say...knock their head off, run through their chin, when you talk all week about tackling a big reciever you may say 100 times run through his "outside knee" across that ACL, its coaching, when you bull rush you may say I am gonna run you over the pile! I think the media and NFL have dramatized this thing, but I do believe the saints have brought some of this on themselves. I also do think that Williams may have went too far in his speech, but do we really think that one of the best Def. Coordinators in the league, is teaching his team to run around and take out players??? I mean come on guys.

Best in the league? Did you see what Alex Smith did to that defense? :lol:

Best in the league? Did you see what Alex Smith did to that defense? :lol:

Not really arguing his prowless turns out Saints have been pretty good last few years or so, and he is highly respected for his x's and o's:laugh::sssh:.

While I do not condone all he said I do believe it got blown out of proportion and taken out of context, how many Offensive line coaches when teaching or coaching cut blocking have said: "take out the knee"...come on man! How about ones who teach to drive the defender and dump him on the linebacker or block him to the track, or the bench, how about earhole the man, I mean the possibilities are endless..........No football league is on its way.

Not really arguing his prowless turns out Saints have been pretty good last few years or so, and he is highly respected for his x's and o's:laugh::sssh:.

While I do not condone all he said I do believe it got blown out of proportion and taken out of context, how many Offensive line coaches when teaching or coaching cut blocking have said: "take out the knee"...come on man! How about ones who teach to drive the defender and dump him on the linebacker or block him to the track, or the bench, how about earhole the man, I mean the possibilities are endless..........No football league is on its way.

I was joking.

And it doesn't take a detective to realize that Williams wasn't talking blocking strategy or tackling strategy when he said to hit Alex Smith in the head every single chance they got. Or that Crabtree would become human when they "took out that outside ACL". It's pretty clear to me he was talking about injuring someone. Especially since he made reference to the fact that he'd pay for the first one...