Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky's Death March

Featured Replies

^ I've said it more than once already in this thread. There's reality and then there's perception. The perception that UK is often in trouble with the NCAA is very much real, even if the facts don't necessarily back it up. You even acknowledge it yourself when you say "That's a myth." For it to be a myth, people have to be acknowledging it and telling the story that way.

 

I guess perception is just larger than life when your program is too. If that's the case then I'm satisfied with that "perception" being out there. I guess as a UK fan I shouldn't really be concerned until that perception starts to drop off.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What major programs don't have the same myths? For most big schools you hear about the myths and many times truths (see Ohio State football) with their football teams. At Kentucky the same thing happens, only in regards to basketball.

 

I am a big beleiver in perception = reality though. However, Kentucky gets this rep in bball because most schools don't care as much about their bball program.

 

 

 

Such a Pike. :lol:

I reread the article this morning to see if I was missing something and again, I found nothing where the author referred to Kentucky's past. I'll read it again, just to make sure. He makes one statement about how, in his opinion, Calipari's methods reflect poorly on the university and BOOM! I am constantly impresses with how Clyde can make a bonfire out of a pile of soaking wet rotten wood. :clap::clap::clap::clap: And it only took a Card fan to throw gas on it, once it got going. :D :thumb:

 

While I do not agree with the author's premise, I do understand it. The fear is simply that when Kentucky wins, Monday night, John Calipari's strategy of building programs and coaching is validated. The assumption is that the validation will change college basketball forever, and into something few will be interested in watching.

 

I'd be a liar, if I said that I like CJC's one and done system. There are too many posts here that would prove so. However, I have completely changed my opinion of his coaching ability. Calipari is unique, as the author points out. in that he can get these high school prima donnas to not only play together unselfishly, but play stellar defense no less. All for a common cause that benefits everyone, including the fans. From where I sit, the guy is amazing and the teams he produces are entertaining beyond my wildest expectations.

CJC's one and done system.

 

As Coach Cal has said over and over again...it's not his system or as he puts it "his rule." I don't like it either, but he is only playing the rules as they are written and administered.

As Coach Cal has said over and over again...it's not his system or as he puts it "his rule." I don't like it either, but he is only playing the rules as they are written and administered.

 

Your right it's not his rule. Still don't like it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.