Bracken County 6 Campbell County 3

Lady Camels took an early lead, scoring two unearned runs on a throwing error. Lady Bears battled back and won their season opener 6-3. Bracken's pitcher fanned nine from circle, and Bracken's bats warmed up after the first couple of innings.

Lady Camels team play solid defense and will probably creep up on those who overlook them and least expect it---they have come a long way since the beginning of last season.

Lady Camels took an early lead, scoring two unearned runs on a throwing error. Lady Bears battled back and won their season opener 6-3. Bracken's pitcher fanned nine from circle, and Bracken's bats warmed up after the first couple of innings.

Lady Camels team play solid defense and will probably creep up on those who overlook them and least expect it---they have come a long way since the beginning of last season.

Sounds like the Camels played well.

Not bad I hear but a couple of the parents told me that Bracken had some quit like their catcher and their pitcher Stuckey is out for the year. Bracken will have trouble getting accross the plate this year. Offense for Bracken is not like in the past they were told. Sorry I missed it wasn't feeling well. Felt some kicks ya know. Not sure anything was learned today. But at least the score is closer than last year. We have Covington Wednesday that should be a win.

Not bad I hear but a couple of the parents told me that Bracken had some quit like their catcher and their pitcher Stuckey is out for the year. Bracken will have trouble getting accross the plate this year. Offense for Bracken is not like in the past they were told. Sorry I missed it wasn't feeling well. Felt some kicks ya know. Not sure anything was learned today. But at least the score is closer than last year. We have Covington Wednesday that should be a win.

Catcher did not quit...looks like you've been misinformed there Bumper. Have you bumped your head recently? Campbell Bump? Sticklen is out, that was a given following an ACL tear. You sure know a lot for someone who never manages to get out from behind an avatar.

Wow, 6 to 3, are the camels that good this year, or is Bracken way overrated? I heard when Holy Cross was playing them, they could have beat them if they wouldn't have been rained out.

Where are the ratings? On the thread started by BGH lol? Let's truly put things in perspective; it's the first game of the season and Bracken's oldest player isn't even old enough for a driver's license yet. They don't even have a junior or senior on the roster. How many other teams can do that and be competitive? The Lady Bears are just getting started, and they're doing a fine job of it. Heck, Brossart is self-ranked as 2nd in the 10th region and they beat Holy Cross by four when Campbell beat Holy Cross by three and Bracken beat Campbell by 3. Does that mean they are overrated too?

Where are the ratings? On the thread started by BGH lol? Let's truly put things in perspective; it's the first game of the season and Bracken's oldest player isn't even old enough for a driver's license yet. They don't even have a junior or senior on the roster. How many other teams can do that and be competitive? The Lady Bears are just getting started, and they're doing a fine job of it. Heck, Brossart is self-ranked as 2nd in the 10th region and they beat Holy Cross by four when Campbell beat Holy Cross by three and Bracken beat Campbell by 3. Does that mean they are overrated too?

Sounds like the HHS team. They have 1 senior and no JRs. They are starting 3 8th graders 3 fresh and 2 soph. Crazy young. Good luck lady bears hang in there and have fun.

Wow, good things to come for Bracken Co then. I did not realize they were this young. Chad (I think it is his name) does a great job with them. I would love to know in a town the size of Brooksville, where do their pitchers play during the summer? Well I guess I should say their pitcher now, as Sticklen is out.

Wow, good things to come for Bracken Co then. I did not realize they were this young. Chad (I think it is his name) does a great job with them. I would love to know in a town the size of Brooksville, where do their pitchers play during the summer? Well I guess I should say their pitcher now, as Sticklen is out.

They've played on KY Hicks and Sticks (primarily Bracken and some Harrison Co. players in the past), although Hicks and Sticks will not be playing this summer...so I don't know where their pitcher or the rest will play. Most of the girls play at Wald Park in Maysville too. The entire team plays basketball so they divide their time between the two as best they can...which makes for some tired teenagers when it's all said and done.