Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bishop Brossart 8 Holy Cross 3

Featured Replies

Errors doom HC, at least 6 of the 7 Bishop's runs came on 2 out errors. Holy Cross needs to make the routine plays in order to compete better.

 

This will probably start a war on here but just my opinion. I have seen polls that have BB as high as 3rd in the 10th region. If they are 3rd in that region I would say the 9th is a lot better than the 10th. From what I saw today I am not sure I would have BB in the top 10 of the 9th. Maybe I cought them on a bad day but I think they will struggle against the top teams in both regions.

 

I was impressed with their catcher, she looks to be a nice player.

You can start with the right score It was 8-3. It is hard to hit a pitcher that wild who wlaks 8 and hits three batters. Can't judge anything on that game. Brossart is also missing their cleanup hitter who is their top rbi person.

  • Author
You can start with the right score It was 8-3. It is hard to hit a pitcher that wild who wlaks 8 and hits three batters. Can't judge anything on that game. Brossart is also missing their cleanup hitter who is their top rbi person.

 

I stand corrected. Like I said that game is all I had to go on. I don't see Bishop competing with the better teams in the area. Don't have the pitching or the hitting to beat good teams. I agree HC's pitcher was wild but Bishop's was not to far behind. Holy Cross was also missing 2 starters but that wasn't the reason they got beat. They can't make the easy plays to finish innings. I did see one of the better defensive plays that you will see all year from HC tonight.

It was not a Rembrandt. Anytime a game features walks in double figures, errors in double figures and both teams only combine for 10 hits it's not going to be a game of beauty. Thus high school fast pitch softball. Today Bishop Brossart got enough of all the ingredients that counted in giving Coach Tom Baynum his first career win as the Lady 'Stangs opened the 2012 season with an easy 8-3 win over the Lady Indians of Holy Cross at Pendery Park.

Bishop Brossart capitalized on 8 walks and 5 Holy Cross errors to build up an eventual 8-2 advantage in cusiing to the win. Freshmen Pitcher karlie Shakelford limited Holy Cross to just 5 hits over seven innings for her first win of the season, while junior centerfielder Tricia Kramer provided most of the spark going three for four, socring two runs, grabbing a steal and an rbi to lead Brossart.

The Lady 'Stangs scored two in the first, one in the second, another in the fourth and fifth and then blew things wide open in the sixth plating three runs for the 8-2 lead.

Senior secondbaseman Molly Williams also scored two runs, recorded a double, a base on balls and an rbi to help lead 1-0 BBHS>

"It wasn't pretty," commented Coach Baynum "But thats the way it is sometimes in fast pitch softball. When a pitcher is wild and out of the strikezone a lot it's hard to get your offense going sometimes."

Maybe the next game Picasso will work his magic.

Still, it's a win. Holy Cross had traditionally given Brossart a tough game as witnessed by a 5-1 win by Brossart last year. The Lady 'Stangs would go on to finished 26-6 and go undefeated in the NKAC at 7-0. Today they stand 1-0 in the NKAC again.

Up next will be Pendleton Co. in Falmouth Tuesday.

Holy Cross' jv forfeited 1-0 to Brossart.

Didn't they beat Bourbon 8 to 3? Is Holy Cross that comparible to Bourbon. From that score, I would say Brossart had one of their worst games. Also, Big Green Horse made a good comment. If their pitcher was that wild, that can make for a long day for batters.

  • Author

Not trying to argue but how many runs for Bishop was unearned. I clearly don't keep the book but I thought all of them were. I am surprised HC only had 5 errors, I seem to be able to remember more than that. Your recap on the game is pretty close, expect you can add the usual bad umpireing also. Missed a couple very easy calls on both sides.

Edited by SSC

  • Author
Didn't they beat Bourbon 8 to 3? Is Holy Cross that comparible to Bourbon. From that score, I would say Brossart had one of their worst games. Also, Big Green Horse made a good comment. If their pitcher was that wild, that can make for a long day for batters.

 

I have said it several times but I love the kids at Holy Cross but they will flat out struggle all year.

 

Like I said Bishops pitcher had several walks also and went very deep in the count most batters, so I would think that is about a wash. If I had to choose I would take HC's pitcher over Bishop's.

Not trying to argue but how many runs for Bishop was unearned. I clearly don't keep the book but I thought all of them were. I am surprised HC on had 5 errors, I seem to be able to remember more than that. Your recap on the game is pretty close also expect you can add the usual bad umpireing also. Missed a couple very easy calls on both sides.

 

Creative score keeping!

It was not a Rembrandt. Anytime a game features walks in double figures, errors in double figures and both teams only combine for 10 hits it's not going to be a game of beauty. Thus high school fast pitch softball. Today Bishop Brossart got enough of all the ingredients that counted in giving Coach Tom Baynum his first career win as the Lady 'Stangs opened the 2012 season with an easy 8-3 win over the Lady Indians of Holy Cross at Pendery Park.

Bishop Brossart capitalized on 8 walks and 5 Holy Cross errors to build up an eventual 8-2 advantage in cusiing to the win. Freshmen Pitcher karlie Shakelford limited Holy Cross to just 5 hits over seven innings for her first win of the season, while junior centerfielder Tricia Kramer provided most of the spark going three for four, socring two runs, grabbing a steal and an rbi to lead Brossart.

The Lady 'Stangs scored two in the first, one in the second, another in the fourth and fifth and then blew things wide open in the sixth plating three runs for the 8-2 lead.

Senior secondbaseman Molly Williams also scored two runs, recorded a double, a base on balls and an rbi to help lead 1-0 BBHS>

"It wasn't pretty," commented Coach Baynum "But thats the way it is sometimes in fast pitch softball. When a pitcher is wild and out of the strikezone a lot it's hard to get your offense going sometimes."

Maybe the next game Picasso will work his magic.

Still, it's a win. Holy Cross had traditionally given Brossart a tough game as witnessed by a 5-1 win by Brossart last year. The Lady 'Stangs would go on to finished 26-6 and go undefeated in the NKAC at 7-0. Today they stand 1-0 in the NKAC again.

Up next will be Pendleton Co. in Falmouth Tuesday.

Holy Cross' jv forfeited 1-0 to Brossart.

 

I was not there but if the pitcher was that wild I would think BB would have scored more than 8 runs.

  • Author
It was not a Rembrandt. Anytime a game features walks in double figures, errors in double figures and both teams only combine for 10 hits it's not going to be a game of beauty. Thus high school fast pitch softball. Today Bishop Brossart got enough of all the ingredients that counted in giving Coach Tom Baynum his first career win as the Lady 'Stangs opened the 2012 season with an easy 8-3 win over the Lady Indians of Holy Cross at Pendery Park.

Bishop Brossart capitalized on 8 walks and 5 Holy Cross errors to build up an eventual 8-2 advantage in cusiing to the win. Freshmen Pitcher karlie Shakelford limited Holy Cross to just 5 hits over seven innings for her first win of the season, while junior centerfielder Tricia Kramer provided most of the spark going three for four, socring two runs, grabbing a steal and an rbi to lead Brossart.

The Lady 'Stangs scored two in the first, one in the second, another in the fourth and fifth and then blew things wide open in the sixth plating three runs for the 8-2 lead.

Senior secondbaseman Molly Williams also scored two runs, recorded a double, a base on balls and an rbi to help lead 1-0 BBHS>

"It wasn't pretty," commented Coach Baynum "But thats the way it is sometimes in fast pitch softball. When a pitcher is wild and out of the strikezone a lot it's hard to get your offense going sometimes."

Maybe the next game Picasso will work his magic.

Still, it's a win. Holy Cross had traditionally given Brossart a tough game as witnessed by a 5-1 win by Brossart last year. The Lady 'Stangs would go on to finished 26-6 and go undefeated in the NKAC at 7-0. Today they stand 1-0 in the NKAC again.

Up next will be Pendleton Co. in Falmouth Tuesday.

Holy Cross' jv forfeited 1-0 to Brossart.

 

Did Bishop have 5 errors also? Again not sure I didn't keep the book but I thought they played fairly well on defense.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but it sounds like it was a sloppy game. Now with Holy Cross, it sounds like sloppy games are normal, not being disrespectful but sounds like thats the way your team is playing. Now, with Brossart coming off a win against Bourbon 8-3 in a (scrimmage), I would think Brossart had a very bad day against Holy Cross. I wasn't there, but from all of the info, that's what it sounds like to me. I always say, if you can win ugly, that's what makes a great team.

  • Author
I don't have a dog in this fight, but it sounds like it was a sloppy game. Now with Holy Cross, it sounds like sloppy games are normal, not being disrespectful but sounds like thats the way your team is playing. Now, with Brossart coming off a win against Bourbon 8-3 in a (scrimmage), I would think Brossart had a very bad day against Holy Cross. I wasn't there, but from all of the info, that's what it sounds like to me. I always say, if you can win ugly, that's what makes a great team.

 

No excues here expect we are not that good. Believe me I wish we were better. We have some pieces but missing to many other pieces.

 

You are correct maybe Bishop had a bad day only time will tell. Even with a bad day they got an easy win.

Gotta hand it to our neighbors though they find a way to win.

Creative score keeping!
No excues here expect we are not that good. Believe me I wish we were better. We have some pieces but missing to many other pieces.

 

You are correct maybe Bishop had a bad day only time will tell. Even with a bad day they got an easy win.

 

 

HC has some pretty good hitters of the 5-6 kids I'm familiar with. Were the kids just off their offensive game or was the new BB pitcher dominating. I don't think I remember her from JV.

  • Author
HC has some pretty good hitters of the 5-6 kids I'm familiar with. Were the kids just off their offensive game or was the new BB pitcher dominating. I don't think I remember her from JV.

 

HC has some ok hitters not sure they are going to but a lot of runs every game. The bottom of the lineup really is hurting HC, they just don't stand a chance to get many hits.

 

Bishop's pitcher made pitches to get outs when she needed to. HC hit a couple nice balls right at people and couldn't get that big hit when they needed it. Not sure she many strike outs but I could be wrong. She was a little wild also and the girls said they had a little trouble waiting on the ball bc she was a little slower than the girls we have faced so far. All in all she did what she needed to do for her team to get the win. Nice job by her!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.