Everything posted by SouthernSportsFan
-
BGP Boys Basketball Final Rankings
I would have moved McCreary up to about 15th, but it looks good.
-
Lincoln County / Danville Updates
This looks to be a good one. Keep us updated.
-
Boyle County / Garrard County Updates
Garrard has really struggled. I knew they would, but it has been worse than I thought.
-
McCreary Central / Wayne County Predictions
I think the Raiders win going away... 77-62
-
McCreary Central / Wayne County Predictions
A rematch from last season with the seeds reversed. Last season, McCreary lost twice to Wayne in the regular season and was the 3 seed while the Cardinals were the #1 seed. After wrestling through Southwestern, McCreary rolled Wayne County on their way to a double-digit win and their first district title since 1990. This season, the two teams only played once, as the other meeting was snowed out and a makeup was never rescheduled (to my knowledge). McCreary rolled Wayne by 20+ points at home. Wayne went 2-3 in the districts, with two losses to Southwestern who they beat in the first round by five. Will they have enough to challenge the highly-regarded Raiders, or will Raider Rob win his second consecutive district title?
-
Wayne County 51 Southwestern 47
Maybe a mod can correct it.
-
12th Region Tournament Breakdown
Oddly enough, McCreary and Wayne only played once this year...
-
12th Region Tournament Breakdown
Not exactly sure how it will be, except the winners facing the runner-ups on opposite sides of the brackets..
-
Casey County 52 Rockcastle County 50
Winner of Pulaski/Somerset - which is in overtime.
-
Wayne County 51 Southwestern 47
Wayne County lost to Southwestern twice this year by an average of 14 points per game and returns the favor in the first round against Southwestern in the Wigwam. McCreary vs. Wayne for the title (repeat of last season)
-
Casey County 52 Rockcastle County 50
So Wayne finally got the win... score?
-
Casey County 52 Rockcastle County 50
I apologize.
-
Casey County 52 Rockcastle County 50
Yes. I would liked to have seen this game in person to see what happened. Rockcastle rolled Casey at Casey earlier this year, just seems awkward that they couldn't do it again. I guess it's hard to beat a team 3 times. Usually that's reserved for good teams with tough luck. I don't know how good Casey really is...
-
Casey County 52 Rockcastle County 50
#4 upsets #1 seed. Casey was 7-21 prior, while Rock was 15-11. Rockcastle had won both meetings. One by 19 points and one by 15 points.
-
12th Region Tournament Breakdown
That's pretty surprising. The team I worry about against McCreary is Mercer, which should be a lock to make it this year.
-
George Rogers Clark 108 Bourbon County 47
Well.. I don't know what to say.
-
GRC/Bourbon Co. updates
You mean Clark let them score 24 second quarter points? Where's the defense?
-
GRC/Bourbon Co. updates
Should be a real barnburner...
-
Upset Special - Who doesn't make it out of districts?
McCreary would probably be pretty happy with that...
-
12th Region Tournament Breakdown
After tonight, we'll have a good indication of which teams are in the 12th Region Tournament. The 45th still won't have a game in so we'll have to wait on them. As of now, McCreary Central is the only team that has made the tournament. Tonight: Wayne vs. Southwestern - 48th Mercer vs. Burgin - 46th East vs. West Jessamine - 46th Pulaski vs. Somerset - 47th Rockcastle vs. Casey - 47th We'll be waiting on the Garrard vs. Boyle and Lincoln vs. Danville... After tonight, I'll update this thread.
-
Upset Special - Who doesn't make it out of districts?
Normally I would say so, but Wayne has really went downhill to end the season and Southwestern hasn't been much better. That said, they'll end up beating McCreary in the title game and making me eat my words...
-
Garrard County 79 Kentucky School f/t Deaf 57
KSD can hold it's own against other states SD. That said, I'm surprised that KSD led at the half. Good job by the KSD crew and good job by Garrard.
-
Trinity/Seneca predictions 2/24
Oh, I see. Wow, 1-3 would win many regions by this season. Tough district that is.
-
Trinity/Seneca predictions 2/24
Who are the other seeds in this district? How does this matchup happen?
-
Rockcastle County 52 South Laurel 49
Well I will say they were more advertised than Rockcastle. That is all.