Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

WoodyJr

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by WoodyJr

  1. It was huge, at least mid 30's to 40's as I recall
  2. I had been using the CCH/FtTh example but agree that 3A has some other power matchups as well. Rock should be the #1 3A team IMO and Bell is customarily a power, Mad So was good last yr BUT as an Ashland fan I wish to point out that Rock was dare I say "lucky" to get by our #4 team Mason Co last yr. Ashland & Johnson Central are definiitely not dropping off and Mason will be much better as well. It doesnt matter who we play or when, for us 3A is just tough all the way around on this side of the state (no offense to BG, Hop & the rest) Woody Jr
  3. Very eloquent post I hear-say. :thumb: :thumb: though I sense it may not be enough to satisfy that last crowd;) Woody Jr
  4. Glad to have you RP. You'v been missing out on a spirited discussion. Woody Jr
  5. I'm sorry I didnt clarify enough. I think you should send it to COLLEGE coaches and see what they suggest. HS coaches are often fixated on their own team and hence, more immediate factors - not always long term, if you know what I mean. Thanx rambler for alerting me to it. I'm sure you were talking about ReeKruitn Woody Jr
  6. May I suggest that you draft a short letter with the basic points you stated and mail it to head coaches of football, basketball, whatever sport(s) you choose, at various schools around the country. (you should be able to get all the info you need off school websites) Ask them their opinion on kids playing 1 sport or multiple sports. Keep it short & in general - not specific so its a recruiting issue about your son. I'd love to see the results posted on BGP. My 2cents is they say multiple sports as long as possible. Woody Jr
  7. Well you guys moved to that metropolis. Why can't you play with the teams that are all within what 25 miles of each other? Sounds fair to me :thumb: Woody Jr
  8. OK I will give up trying to get you to respond to my previous points. Now you bring up mascots, uh,... Ill leave that to the children's section for debate. OK - I trust your figures are correct that some member of the big 3 you mention are dominant in terms of final game appearances. Your point on why that matters is .............what? The example I used elsewhere of Highlands & Cov Cath being #1 and #2 in 3A many many years while in the same district yet the playoffs have not been adjusted for them has it? We also don't hear them crying about the playoffs - they just go out and play the games. Woody Jr
  9. gt, I'm aware of how it was. I was there when the At-Large set up was going on. I don't know whats fair or not fair to particular teams - the goal should be to make it the fair for the state as a whole as best we can. I just find it silly that schools with supporters who usually spend most of their time bragging about their team now are so concerned. If one of these big guys now plays the other in the finals after going through Team A and Team B first. How much harder or unfair is it for them to play each other in the 2nd round (or whenever it is earlier) and then play Team A and Team B. It seems they should be good enough to win the games in any order - especially as dominant as they appear. Woody Jr
  10. I am simply responding to exactly what you post. If you want to consider it a childish game to "play" - be my guest, but you'll play alone. You discussed how dominant the Big 3 are and how unfair this is, so I posted the early round losses they have in the past few years. Then it was suggested that they were "a little down" those years, so I posted that they were all #1 or #2 seeds when they lost early. Now you start discussing who made it to the finals over the years. It's hard to determine what your point(s) are when you change the discussion. When you listed several points in post #1 I did my best to respond to them in my post #18. I'm not sure if you agreed with my responses, just didnt see it, or have no response. I just feel that if these guys are so good, and they certainly have been dominant, why is anyone complaining because they won't meet in the finals. Again, So what? You guys have to be smart enough to know that the 2 best teams most likely NEVER meet in any other class most every year. It's just not logical to assume that the 2 best teams are automatically situated in opposite halfs of the state. It just isnt sensible (unless someone can produce a logarithm to prove it). To design a playoff system in advance to ensure what you "think" are the 2 best teams is arrogant IMO. The state should use a random system with no regard to team strengths. Highlands & Cov Cath are in the same district and there are many years they could be #1 & #2. Im sure others could argue other cases as well. But we dont change those districts based on their strength DO WE. Louisville should consider themselves lucky that theyve had it this way so long. Just put all you guys in that little circle in a Louisville region and let one team come out. Woody Jr
  11. Come on guy, YOu mean you only go watch & support the 4A game? Woody Jr
  12. Went back to the KHSAA site: In 2005 Male lost their 2nd game as a #2 seed In 2004 Male lost their 2nd game as a #2 seed In 2004 Trinity lost their #2 game as a #1 seed In 2003 Male lost their 3rd game to StX as a #2 seed after just beating Meade by 1 pt Perhaps you have a different understanding, but in your post you seem to be suggesting these were down years for your Big 3 :confused: Or maybe because they got beat you want to now say after the fact they were down years :lol: The point being that the crying heard out of Louisville is that these 3 are the top teams every year and it's just not fair to make it so hard on them:sleep: Woody Jr
  13. Since you feel the need to get smart about it.... The ego of some Louisville area fans makes it hard to imagine football exists outside their little world I guess. Woody Jr
  14. Right Scribe, Thats what I've been trying to get these folks to admit. Realistically speaking the 2 best never meet. it's simply luck of the draw that the 2 best teams are situated in opposite halfs of the state. Some people only seem to want to look their own personal situation instead of our state as a whole. Woody Jr
  15. Well yeah my first words were "I dont follow 4A" You were talking about those 3, so thats who I replied about. Post all your points and we can see what you mean Woody Jr
  16. In looking at the KHSAA site: 2005: Male lost 2nd game of playoffs 2004: Male lost 2nd game of playoffs Trinity lost 2nd game of playoffs 2003: Male lost 3rd game of playoffs to StX after beating Meade by 1 pt I don't follow Louisville 4A but if the above is correct, how does the new setup make it worse than the above ? Also; I don't recall hearing a lot of crying from No Ky. In 3A havent you had at least 2 teams rightly considered good enough to be playing each other in the final game? They just go ahead and play each other in the first 2 or 3 rounds EVERY year and aren't paranoid about it. Face it guys - the 2 best teams in each class hardly EVER meet in the finals Woody Jr
  17. It can be fun to sling it around the field and light up the scoreboard on people. But I've always enjoyed administering a slow painful death with a small margin so the other team can torture themselves endlessly with that "shoulda, coulda, woulda" thing stuck in their brain forever. It's like the gift that keeps on giving:D Kinda sadistic, huh?:sssh: Woody Jr
  18. No problem. The last time we played them we chartered a plane to Palooka Woody Jr
  19. Okey Dokey no since stacking up posts just to get to the heart of the matter:thumb: #1 - perhaps so, but to a very minor degree it seems to me. Aren't the percentages extremely high for #1/#2 seeds to advance in the first round anyway? Who cares if there are a couple districts a year with strong 3 or 4 seeds. They didnt use to even get in the playoffs - now we're concerned enough about their chance to advance that it effects the format? Besides, as it has been till now if a strong #3 team wins, don't they have to play their own district #1 team in the 2nd game? #2 - Fair enough point about "staleness" but "wounding regular season play" seems a little dramatic. I'd probably enjoy playing a different team but as we have been doing it (if favorites win) the #1 in a district now faces the opposite district #1 in the third (3rd) game. With the new setup your #1 seed would face a #1 seed from another district in again the 3rd game. As above, those with a particular focus on lower seeds winning need to realize that only matches them up against their own district opponent sooner I believe. #3 - If it's that cut & dried then we may as well have a super class OR go back to the State @ Large vs. Louisville format. Simply having any format like the current one of basically east vs west automatically promises (not just lessens) the 2 best teams will NOT meet in the final game - unless you truely believe that in every class, every year, the 2 best teams are located in opposite ends of the state. I DONT think so. Besides, most of us don't care about the 2 teams I sense you are referring to - we are looking at the overall state. Just my view at present, I retain the right to change my mind:D Woody Jr
  20. Fantastic post Chuck, Hopefully more parents will see your post besides just bbfan. Ive had parents ask me about 7th graders focusing on 1 sport b/c some coach talked to them - it just infuriates me. Let them be kids. Woody Jr
  21. Come on now guru lets not get paranoid What do you think is going to happen? Woody Jr
  22. Theres a real source of unbiased opinion :rolleyes: Woody Jr
  23. Great post Joe:thumb: If someone ever congratulated me on winning something I always said that you couldnt tally up the results of my job with them until they were older and we could see if they gained something besides how to block & tackle My point about personal involvement was from seeing/experincing coaches blowup on players (often a very good one) because they screwed up. Just because we put 110% into preparing them and they are good enough to do something doesnt mean they won't blow it sometimes. Personally I was very upset with a "star" player and couldnt figure out why I was so mad inside. I came to the conclusion that I felt let down by the kid. Im glad I learned that lesson early on and it changed how I dealt with coaching - actually made me closer and better in tune I believe. It also led me to go to a Superintendent when a HS coach very openly ridiculed a very good player grabbing his facemask & screaming in front of everyone during a game. I just felt it a bad reaction. Best wishes to all coaches now & later:D Woody Jr

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.