Everything posted by From The Heart
-
Johnson Central. What is happening?
I have seen Johnson Central play most of their home games this year. They have a young team and are playing hard in every game. As the regional champions they have a big target on their backs and every team they have played is playing extra hard to beat them. The one away game I did get to was the Lawrence County game. The players and fans stormed the floor when the game was over like they had just won the state tournament. The kids on the team are great young men and the coaching staff is among the best in the state. Keep playing hard team, and listen to your coaches. With what I have seen this year you will be right back in the hunt when March rolls around
-
Top Boys Head Coaches?
I would add Coach Mark Starns to list as one as the best coaches. In his 1st at Johnson Central he takes Johnson Central to the State tournament. Of the 5 teams that have gone to the State from Johnson Central this team was probably the least talented but Starns got them there and that's what counts bottom line. Starns has the pedigree as well, served under his father Tommy Starns, at Lexington Catholic. Starns has previous State tournament experience once with his father in 1985, three years with Kelly Wells at Mason County, state champioship with Mason and a state runner-up. Served on Rick Pitino staff with Boston Celtics. That is pretty good company! Starns has the potential turn Johnson Central into a powerhouse basketball program. There is enough talented boys in the hall ways that Starns could have used this year as well, that needed to come out. Starns could have run his system better with a few more of those boy's. I'm excited that we have a coach the caliber of Coach Starns. Start the dynasty at Johnson Central! We have been waiting for this for many years here in Johnson County.
-
Johnson Central vs Lawrence County
Anyone know anything about the results of this game tonight.
-
Johnson Central 68 Magoffin Co. 58
Ballcrazy, you confirmed in your statement "got fans up" as did JC Alum 76 said as well. As a coach as you said you have been you should know the momemtum could have gone the other way towards Magoffin. Starns knew this! Starns was doing exactly what you said getting his fans into the game and keeping them into the game. Starns is first class. I hope a moderator is watching this thread because it was classless on your part to mention anything about Starns and Pitino. Hope you know the rules of BGP, Ballcrazy! Enough said period!
-
Johnson Central 68 Magoffin Co. 58
I have watched the JC coach for years and I can tell you that nothing about the coach is bush league. I don't know what game you were watching, because you sure don't know the difference between bush league and class.
-
Jackson City vs. Summerville SC
Does anyone know the results of this game today?
-
Johnson Central vs Caywood
Thanks. I had an incorrect date for this game. Is the Rice kid out with an injury?
-
Johnson Central vs Caywood
Does anyone know anything about the Johnson central vs Caywood game tonight in the Hazard invitational Tourmament?