Everything posted by Jason Bucklen
-
2A Football in 2022
I’m not talking about those years now am I? I’m talking about 1996,1997, 1999 and 2007 and 2008. Beechwood would have won all of those games played. 1998 wound have been a toss up since Middlesboro beat both teams.
-
2A Football in 2022
How many times did Mayfield lose the week before they were supposed to play Beechwood? Those teams got destroyed by Beechwood so if they had not lost it wouldn’t be 8-1 in Mayfield’s favor.
-
Statewide Top 10
Good gosh do you need a cookie with all of this crying? Why would they be embarrassed? If you have a problem with this rule email Julian Tackett. I’m sure he would love to hear from you.
-
2A Football in 2022
Haha true dat.
-
2A Football in 2022
Are any teams supposed to drop to 2a or move out of 2a with the new alignment in 2023?
-
Beechwood 23 Lexington Christian Academy 21 (2A State Championship)
Another crazy stat. All three times these two teams have played each other in the finals. Beechwood was the away team wearing white jerseys while LCA was the home team wearing blue jerseys.
-
Beechwood 23 Lexington Christian Academy 21 (2A State Championship)
Just think Guru you were part of the first state title that started the dynasty for Beechwood!
-
2A Football in 2022
It’s a three team race with Beechwood, LCA and Mayfield until someone proves otherwise.
-
2A Football in 2022
Beechwood had probably the best Freshmen class they ever had this year. They aren’t going anywhere as well.
-
Beechwood 23 Lexington Christian Academy 21 (2A State Championship)
Let me rephrase that since I didn’t know Trinity had that Many. We would be right up there with Highlands had it not been for Mayfield.
-
Beechwood 23 Lexington Christian Academy 21 (2A State Championship)
8 times playoffs and finals!
-
The Great Dynasties of Kentucky High School Football
From what I’m hearing the younger classes is very good.
-
Beechwood 23 Lexington Christian Academy 21 (2A State Championship)
Congrats Tigers! Just think if it wasn’t for Mayfield Beechwood would be close to Trinity for the most state titles in the state.
-
Beechwood 23 Lexington Christian Academy 21 (2A State Championship)
It’s a nice made up award. There are programs out there who wish they could have this debate. ?? I need to stay away from the saddle for a while. I went there after the Cov Cath game. I haven’t drink like that in a long time.
-
Who loses who?
Unless there is something drastic happens it is going to be another 3 team race in 2a with Beechwood , LCA and Mayfield.
-
Beechwood 23 Lexington Christian Academy 21 (2A State Championship)
Agree to disagree on that one. Scott was good but in my personal opinion he isn’t the best of all time. It’s fun debating this though.
-
Beechwood 23 Lexington Christian Academy 21 (2A State Championship)
I disagree with you on Max. He was a great player don’t get me wrong but the Wulfeck Brothers I would take them over him.
-
Beechwood 23 Lexington Christian Academy 21 (2A State Championship)
A nice little stat for people who didn’t know this. Beechwood has played in 21 state finals since since 1974. They have won 16 titles along with appearing in 20 finals since 1984. LCA tied Pikeville for the most opponent Beechwood has played in the finals with 3. Beechwood is 3-0 vs LCA. They are 2-1 vs Pikeville. Beechwood have played Bardstown, Mayfield, Murray, Harrodsburg, Hazard, and Danville each twice. Beechwood is 2-0 against Bardstown, Harrodsburg, and Hazard. Beechwood is 1-1 vs Danville and Murray. Mayfield is the only team Beechwood has never defeated in the finals at least once. Beechwood is 1-0 vs Paris, Raceland and Hancock County. The school from Ft Mitchell knows how to win State Titles.
-
Beechwood 23 Lexington Christian Academy 21 (2A State Championship)
Brandon Berger is in the top 2. I only saw him get caught from behind twice. Both of those came against Bardstown.
-
Beechwood 23 Lexington Christian Academy 21 (2A State Championship)
Hergs would also run you over if he had to. I remember the second round playoff game in 94 vs Lloyd he just lowered his shoulder.?
-
Beechwood 23 Lexington Christian Academy 21 (2A State Championship)
All three state title games between these two have been decided by 6 points.
-
Beechwood 23 Lexington Christian Academy 21 (2A State Championship)
Haha Ask Murray if I was tough on that block in the 1994 state title that scored the winning touchdown. ?? Granted I hardly had to touch the Murray DB since Brett cut off my block. ??
-
Beechwood 23 Lexington Christian Academy 21 (2A State Championship)
I won’t say who is the goat but I will say one thing Greg ran my bell a few times in practice when he played LB. He was one of the hardest hitters we had.
-
Beechwood 23 Lexington Christian Academy 21 (2A State Championship)
Lol it is corny.
-
Beechwood 23 Lexington Christian Academy 21 (2A State Championship)
I hope the Tigers are listening to this on the way home!