Everything posted by TigerTigerWoodsYall
-
NKU Team Camp Preview & Results
Very surprised at Collins going 1-2 at the camp, they had been playing very well lately. WV must really be playing well. I could see them as being a front runner in the 8th region this year...
-
Trinity 2018/2019
David Johnson needs to be more selfish this year. Best talent in the state.
-
Male 2018/2019
Barrett had a great middle school run, but I believe there star PG has decided to go to Ballard, that could hurt Male not keeping him....
-
2018 Gardner Law King of the Bluegrass
I think the KOB is great where it is, small gym feel, close to some great players, loose rims.... Last year with Cov Cath, Fern Creek, Trinity, and a few other teams, it was great to be in that environment.... My only suggestion, maybe a few more fans, it got steamy....
-
2018 Gardner Law King of the Bluegrass
If anyone has rankings for the 2021 Class in KY, can you please share. I am interested
-
2018 Gardner Law King of the Bluegrass
I have seen Conley ranked, but I cant find the other 2 ranked anywhere, nor have I heard of them all summer. I believe I saw them play last year, one had a broke arm, not sure which one. But showing me a watch list, come on man. Ky soph class is loaded, and has a ton of talent, and while those kids may be good ball players, they are not ranked on any site that I have seen. You don't have to do my homework for me, I don't know much about Spencer other than people tell me Conley is a beast. I will go and look and see if I can find those other 2 on any list of rankings. I hope they are there and I hope Spencer is solid, because they are due. Let me go and do some homework and I will get back with ya. thank you...
-
2018 Gardner Law King of the Bluegrass
With all due respect to Cardsrule, 3 of the top sophomores in the state? I think they have some very good players, and I would put Conley in the top 6 Soph in the state, but "top" for the others, that may be pushing it. How far does "top" go. I am not knocking any kids and I believe Spencer will have a solid team. But what have they done or shown to warrant this respect. Spencer needs to get out of the district before they start getting to excited. Show me a ranking, or al ist that has any one other than Conley ranked in the top players in the state. With all due respect, of course
-
2018 Gardner Law King of the Bluegrass
3 8th region teams, Has there ever been 3 from the 8th region in one year? I understand the Davion Mcnight from Collins, and Miles from WV, little surprised by Spencer getting the invite, been a while since they have been to the region, surprised Oldham or South Oldham would not get the nod over them, or even Simon Kenton with there super sophomore..... Just curious, but great for the 8th
-
8th region/ 30th district summer
Does anyone know the weekend Spencer/ Trinity score. I know Collins and Shelby host a huge tourney this weekend where Collins is in the same pool at Trinity. I think Anderson is playing a very watered down schedule this summer, not sure but believe they played Sayre and maybe St Patrick last week, and possible Cornerstone. Would like to know how they did if anyone knows. Shelby lost to Henry and PRP Friday night.....They will travel to Sayre today for a JV/ Varsity double header followed by a possible stop at Applebees
-
Walton-Verona 2018/2019
The 8th is Oldhams’, Collins, or Simon Kenton. Every year we hear about some smaller counties getting it done but rarely happens, Owen a few years back is a great example, and I don’t think Miles is on Carson Williams level. Those teams like Oldham, south, Collins, there just more experienced, and I will be very surprised if it is not one of them again this year.
-
Walton-Verona 2018/2019
Some great teams, but a lot of bad ones.
-
Walton-Verona 2018/2019
Play more lex and Louisville teams I guess OPPONENT SITE SCORE STATS? Nov 30, 17 Dixie Heights home (W) 51 - 42 Click Dec 5, 17 Gallatin County away (W) 51 - 31 Click Dec 8, 17 Anderson County home (W) 77 - 57 Click Dec 11, 17 Eminence home (W) 74 - 22 Click Dec 15, 17 Oldham County away (L) 51 - 53 Click Dec 19, 17 Ballard at Fairdale (L) 62 - 75 Click King of the Bluegrass Dec 21, 17 Ensworth (Nashville), TN at Fairdale (W) 75 - 59 Click King of the Bluegrass Dec 22, 17 Palmetto (Miami), FL at Fairdale (W) 85 - 75 Click King of the Bluegrass Dec 23, 17 Mercer County at Fairdale (W) 62 - 55 Click King of the Bluegrass Dec 27, 17 Skills Factory (Atlanta), GA at Lexington Catholic (L) 40 - 57 Click Traditional Bank Holiday Classic Dec 28, 17 Henderson County at Lexington Catholic (W) 55 - 43 Click Traditional Bank Holiday Classic Dec 29, 17 Pendleton County at Lexington Catholic (W) 58 - 48 Click Traditional Bank Holiday Classic Dec 30, 17 Doss at Lexington Catholic (L) 42 - 62 Click Traditional Bank Holiday Classic Jan 3, 18 Owen County away (W) 70 - 44 Click Jan 5, 18 Simon Kenton home (W) 65 - 62 Click Jan 11, 18 Carroll County at Owen County (W) 80 - 35 Click 8th Region All "A" Classic Jan 17, 18 Gallatin County at Owen County (W) 64 - 60 Click 8th Region All "A" Classic (championship) Jan 20, 18 Campbell County away (W) 67 - 64 Click Jan 25, 18 Holy Cross (Louisville) at McBrayer Arena, Eastern Kentucky University (W) 58 - 32 Click All A State Tournament Jan 26, 18 Clinton County at McBrayer Arena, Eastern Kentucky University (W) 57 - 33 Click All A State Tournament Jan 27, 18 Mayfield at McBrayer Arena, Eastern Kentucky University (W) 56 - 38 Click All A State Tournament Jan 28, 18 Lexington Christian at McBrayer Arena, Eastern Kentucky University (L) 41 - 47 Click All A State Tournament (championship) Jan 30, 18 Williamstown away (W) 85 - 35 Click Feb 2, 18 Grant County away (W) 79 - 51 Click Feb 3, 18 Trimble County home (W) 71 - 34 Click Feb 6, 18 Lloyd Memorial away (W) 72 - 33 Click Feb 9, 18 St. Henry home (W) 80 - 51 Click Feb 13, 18 South Oldham home (W) 62 - 56 Click Feb 15, 18 Carroll County away (W) 75 - 30 Click Feb 20, 18 Williamstown home (W) 94 - 44 Click 32nd District Feb 23, 18 Simon Kenton home (W) 40 - 38 Click 32nd District Championship Feb 28, 18 South Oldham at Henry County (L) 59 - 65 Click 8th Region Region: 8 Win-Loss Records Points Won Lost Season Region District* Oldham County 2541 2044 31 - 6 - 0 14 - 1 - 0 5 - 1 - 0 Walton-Verona 2058 1531 26 - 6 - 0 14 - 2 - 0 5 - 0 - 0 Gallatin County 2174 1723 26 - 8 - 0 20 - 5 - 0 11 - 0 - 0 Collins 2154 1891 22 - 10 - 0 9 - 4 - 0 5 - 1 - 0 Spencer County 1707 1461 20 - 8 - 0 4 - 5 - 0 2 - 2 - 0 Simon Kenton 1964 1721 19 - 10 - 0 5 - 6 - 0 3 - 2 - 0 South Oldham 2166 2049 19 - 12 - 0 10 - 7 - 0 3 - 3 - 0 North Oldham 1604 1593 17 - 12 - 0 7 - 3 - 0 2 - 2 - 0 Eminence 1929 1973 15 - 15 - 0 5 - 10 - 0 3 - 7 - 0 Henry County 1808 2001 14 - 18 - 0 9 - 10 - 0 6 - 4 - 0 Trimble County 1827 1839 13 - 17 - 0 7 - 11 - 0 0 - 4 - 0 Anderson County 1645 1717 12 - 16 - 0 6 - 7 - 0 3 - 2 - 0 Grant County 1863 2023 9 - 20 - 0 6 - 7 - 0 2 - 3 - 0 Carroll County 1632 1844 9 - 20 - 0 6 - 12 - 0 3 - 6 - 0 Shelby County 1423 1740 6 - 22 - 0 2 - 8 - 0 0 - 5 - 0 Owen County 1352 1743 5 - 23 - 0 3 - 16 - 0 2 - 8 - 0 Williamstown 1449 2343 2 - 29 - 0 1 - 14 - 0 0 - 5 - 0 "Points Won" are total points made by team. "Points Lost" are total points made by opponents. *District records indicate teams are aligned in the same district and do not necessarily correspond to official district ranking. All content © 1997-2018 Riherds.com in partnership with the Kentucky High School Athletic Association. All rights reserved. Schedule and score data are believed to be correct but no guaranties are made. Schedules are subject to change without notice. We advise you to check with schools before making travel plans.
-
Walton-Verona 2018/2019
They need to play a better season schedule to prepare them for the Oldhams, Collins, Etc in the 8th. Playing Single A schools won’t prepare them. They will be top 3 in region , but need some tough regular season games.
-
8th region/ 30th district summer
Cardsrule, you have connections in 30th and maybe Spencer, ...any truth to sources telling me someone accidentally emailed entire Spencer district seeing if a farm house would be a good possibility for a good basketball player from another 8th region team, just north of Shelby? I know they have a solid Frosh?? That’s what Spencer is missing a good big boy??
-
8th region/ 30th district summer
Both bigs from Shelby County, both who will be seniors, have filled out paperwork to go to Collins this upcoming year, however, neither are playing summer ball with Collins...Major blow to Shelby new coach who has good guards, serious lift for an already highly ranked Collins team
-
Zion Harmon to Marshall County?
Yep, LOL, that's probably what it is, I just hope my school slides in the rotation one year soon, would be nice to watch. Anyone know his name on Glassdoor or Zip Recruiter, need to reach out!!!!
-
Zion Harmon to Marshall County?
If that is case then why was prep, Scott, cov Cath, and trinity even brought up. Sounds like his dad was already in Marshall then it was a no brainer?? And I am not talking Marshall county being mad, talking about there region.
-
8th region/ 30th district summer
Yes, Hawley is already playing summer ball for them I assume. I had heard that name from Shelby to Collins as well, and the other big Shelby had, 6'7 kid. Im further north than Shelby but I have heard both moved this summer and have enrolled at Collins. As stated above, that would be huge pick up for Collins, the one need they had to have was some more size for rebounding and defense. If this goes through, will be tough to beat.... I know Shelby plays this Friday in some summer games and Spencer has some this weekend in Louisville. Just summer ball, but good to see the 8th region teams getting out and playing....
-
Zion Harmon to Marshall County?
In One Great Scorer defense, I am not sure that moving jobs yearly while also tweeting his son is down to “certain schools” is about better job opportunities. But hey, may be wrong. Did he transfer jobs that much in the past? Good wuestion
-
Zion Harmon to Marshall County?
I agree, he kid is a beast, heck of a talent and one that no one wants to see sit out. However, if your a coach or fan of a team in Marshall region, then your not sitting back and “watching” to see what happens. Those dudes are complaining right now. I think a kid should play his 4 years where he feels comfortable, but I don’t write the rules, and there is no way this is not slightly athletically motivates, so the ball is in the KHSAA court. I am just curious how the regional people in Marshall county area feel.
-
Zion Harmon to Marshall County?
So KHSAA sends out tweet today. Just out of the blue, here is a part of what they are “reminding” people of. “Even if an exception has been satisfied, that exception can be negated and a waiver not granted if there is sufficient evidence of a transfer motivated by athletics as detailed in Section 3.” So my question is how will this kid get Eligible?
-
8th region/ 30th district summer
Not at liberty to say right now what the grapevine is telling me, but Collins needs some help in the front court for there 1 power forward Kidwell, and there may be a duo coming. From what I see that’s all they are missing. I heard about Mercer game, and also heard the benches played a lot, but who really knows until they lace them up in October. One thing about the 30th is Burns, Gairher, and Hyat all know each other well. There won’t be any blowouts. District at Spencer, better get there early
-
8th region/ 30th district summer
By the way, solid group of Soph in this region Shelby: Griffin/ Gordon, both will start. Frosh Secori Toole may be best frosh in district, have watched him all summer for Magic 8th out of louisivlle. Collins: Hawley, transfer from Cal who started in Shelby is possibly back at Collins. Anderson: Gillis, Duncan, Derringer, probably Coach Hyat best class. Spencer: Conley, and 2 other guards who are both pretty good. Tall blond kid who was injured last year, can score well from what I have seen this summer.
-
8th region/ 30th district summer
With the recent information of Collins 2 JR guards having great summers and the possible new additions, find it hard to believe that they won’t be overwhelming favorite this year not only in district but the region as well. 2 new coaches in the district, in shelby and Anderson, both with young teams,won’t like seeing The Titans as much as they may have to. Both Collins guards are receiving D1 interest and The Pg, McKnight, already has offers. Spencer will give them a little test from what i saw last year, but size will be the issue they have, they will have to play fast but good luck running with the arsenal that Collins will have. Interested in what Anderson brings to the table, Coach Hyat has waited a while and will be ready to roll, but it’s been a while since they played with out There offense running through Penny. I am hearing good things from summer practice and they may not score a lot but they are saying it will be a physical game when they play. In all, excited to see the Conley vs Mcnight/Vail match up when Collins and Spencer play, stud athletes there for sure!