Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tmh55

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tmh55

  1. I just can't see our kids losing at this point. They are focused and on a mission to get to Kroger field. All the success and tradition that Raceland has and we've never been to a state championship game. I think that changes this year. Our defense has been phenomenal all year and the last two weeks has been ramped up another notch. Against two teams who have ran the ball very well all year (Paris & Paintsville) 70 yards rushing between them. Should be an electric atmosphere Friday night and we roll on to play for the big one.
  2. The fact of the matter is that we played terrible in the first half. As bad as we have played all year. If Paris was the powerhouse that everyone tried to make them out to be they would have put us away. The second half we got it together quit shooting ourselves in the foot and you saw the difference between these two teams. No penalty or penalties caused anything to happen. It was always going to happen just took way to long to get going.
  3. They have a very nice training facility. We were in there last night and it is very impressive.
  4. So anyway after we spotted them the entire first half the rest of the game went exactly how I expected it to go. Paris kids played hard. Congrats on a great season.
  5. I am not a fan of that crack back rule but it has been called all year. By rule it was the correct call.
  6. Just about 5 hours from now it will all be sorted out. Boys are focused and ready. On the road already and chomping to get it on. Reality check!
  7. I was by no means trying to infringe on the way you feel. You are entitled to your opinion. However I know without a doubt this is the best defense that Paris will have seen all year. Not a lot of points vs holy cross or Nicholas and this defense is better than both of those.
  8. 42? So you really truly believe that Paris has far and away the best offense that the Rams have seen all year? Have you seen our defense or even looked at stats? I will not guarantee a win but I will absolutely guarantee that Paris will not score 42 points unless we play about 12 quarters.
  9. I don't believe it is that close of a game. I have watched a lot of film on paris as I have everyone else we have played this year. They have some good athletes but dont do anything that stands out. You can tell on film that they are the beneficiary of playing a lot of bad teams. If I am wrong I will be the first to admit it. They have not played a defense anywhere near what we do. Their best plays are jet sweeps and toss sweeps. Good luck with that! In my opinion they cant score enough to win. Our offense is supposed to be our weak link and it is not on the level of our defense for sure. From what I have seen on film I have no reason to believe we will not move the ball and score against Paris defense. Our two lowest scoring games of the year were 0 against Ashland and 13 against Somerset. If anyone believes that Paris D is on the level of either of them you're delusional. Anyway I am not trying to knock their program, they have had a great year. They just are not yet where they think they are. Reality check!
  10. In real life I don't think it would go that way. Anyway it will be Friday night soon and everyone's eyes will be opened. Reality check!
  11. I can do that with every game we lost. Doesn't change the fact that we lost. I can do that with every game we won and why we should have won by more. Doesn't change the score.
  12. Here is the problem with comparing opponents. Bourbon beat Somerset by 7. Somerset beat Raceland by 3. Raceland beat Greenup 24-0 shutting out a high powered offense. Bourbon barely hung on to beat Greenup in a shootout 34-30. Matchups change things and teams evolve throughout the season.
  13. I don't think Paris is better than Bourbon. I don't know any circumstances from the first game but I feel comfortable saying that if Bourbon and Somerset played today the result would be very different.
  14. I would say it is 5 or 6 teams. Paris within 14 against Ashland? No! Paris within 6 of Somerset? No! Within 6 of P. West? No! Within 18 of Paintsville? No! Beat Greenup or Russell? No! I would probably even say Lawrence Co is stronger. Everyone getting defensive with shuttle all he is doing is stating facts. Paris MAY be really good but they have yet to prove it. Reality check!
  15. I am actually fascinated by this. Go to any thread about SK and see them get ripped because of the schedule they play. Paris are apparently world beaters for doing the same thing. I said before that Paris can win. On a given night in high school football who knows what could happen. The more film I watch the more I believe they won't. Reality check!
  16. That's correct. That wasn't the point. The point was that we have seen better competition than we will see at Paris. They have not played anyone ion the level that they will see. Again I think that is a huge advantage that we have coming to this game.
  17. The thing is its not weak schedule talk. Its a fact! I know Paris has some great athletes no question about it. Better than Ashland? Better than Somerset? Paintsville? My point is we have seen better than we will see Friday night. They have not, in my opinion thats a huge advantage for the Rams!
  18. I don't think Paris sniffs 28 points. They have been scoring a lot of points but they have not seen anything like the defense they will see Friday night. I think they will come in confident and play hard but the downside to playing a soft schedule is that a lot of that is false confidence. Raceland played a very solid schedule and Paris will not be the best offense or defense that we have seen. I think Raceland wins this game and probably not as close as some people think.
  19. He said once you see us against Raceland you will understand. I was replying to what he had said. I do think that the Rams handle Brossart but I did not mean that to come off as that game is irrelevant. I again was just responding to what he had said.
  20. It is grass but the surface was redone this year and it is in great shape. Turning brown with the weather but very well groomed. There hasn't been a game played on it for almost a month. I don't see field conditions really playing a part.
  21. Donnelly can definitely be a game changer. Everyone here is well aware of that. I don't think the QB will have very much time to let things develop. Watching on film there are absolutely things we can take advantage of and put up points. Depending on the status of Damon I think our approach changes dramatically. I think we will score and they will struggle to find offense. I look for our running numbers to be the bigger numbers this week.
  22. I'm not saying that Paris can't beat Raceland. I don't think they will but they could. They will not light up the scoreboard! I have seen them on film and they have some impressive athletes. They have not faced a defense as stout as Raceland.
  23. We have not been a juggernaut offensively all year. Luckily our defense has been very good. I'm not sure if or how much Damon Black will play Friday so that doesn't look like it will change. Our pass defense is better than it was last year and I expect Brossart to have a very hard time finding points. I expect a big night for Judd Adkins and Hunter Lacks running the football. Especially if the freshman QB is in the backfield with them. Raceland 36 Brossart 7

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.