Everything posted by vansmetal
-
NKY Krushers (14th Annual “Early Bird” World Series Qualifier) results
I saw last Wednesday game and the Krushers looked good. Didn't see the tournament, but my understanding is the Xplosion qualified as well. Congrats to the Krushers and Xplosion. Can't wait to see another game against one another:)
-
Prayers for the Perry sisters from Simon Kenton
Please keep us posted and let us know if we can do anything.
-
10th Region tournament
Good luck to all the teams....especially Campbell County:)
-
Bishop Brossart 10 Campbell County 0
The so called retiredcoach has gone after me 2 other times. Once when I talked about Campbell playing St.Henry and mentioned about how the girls were dancing and having fun almost like they won the game before it started. The other was when I asked about Holmes jv team. You can look up his responses towards me. He acts like he knows me and my intentions. I don't really know the head coaches at Campbell County, but I like how the email they sent. I would assume there golden unless they decide to move on. Our freshman coach already has plans for next year that he's talked about and I would say he's good. The assistant coach seems fine as well. They know, at least the head coaches and freshman coach, that me and my daughter breathe softball. They could sit her on the bench and I wouldn't complain, nor would she....by the way which has happened. I love to see the smile on her face after practice and hear about how well her team and coach are doing. She really enjoys playing with her team and for her coach. I just guess some people just want to hate, without knowing the full story or even coming to a game. As far as him talking about the younger ones, I personally talked to some parents trying like crazy to get them to come try out, yet I'm working against the coaches according to him. Regardless of who the coach is next year, I'll still try to talk to any kid and parent to have their kid try out. I want Campbell County softball to soar!
-
NKY Sluggers
Whatsbestforthegirls taught me something new. I didn't realize about a error free inside the park homerun counted as a homerun. I do think as the level of play gets better, inside the park homeruns become less, just like hitting them over the fence becomes less.
-
Bishop Brossart 10 Campbell County 0
I post a lot of questions about the mental side as in a player or coach being happy,I'm sure another Campbell parent can attest to, b/c Coach Kitchen sent out a email to look up the talentcode (deep practicing). Well, me and my daughter bought into it. So, I bought a book written by John Michael Kelly called How she thinks is how she plays....which I recommend to any athete, parent or coach. I don't see a problem at all with wanting to hold a coach to the highest standard. When I went to a coaches clinic at next level, Dave Collins former MLB player, said next to the greatest thing of being called dad was being called coach. It had what he called the 4 SW's....some will, some won't, so what, stick with it. Mentality is a huge part of the picture. When a coach and players cross the white line, all bs of life has to be forgotten, and let the magic take place. It has to be fun, or who would play sports or even coach.
-
Bishop Brossart 10 Campbell County 0
I've helped coach rec. ball and I'll help out the select team (not really coaching when I'm just doing whatever the coach wants) and yes I show my daughter what I write and I'm pretty sure the coaches of Campbell County know I'm on here.
-
Bishop Brossart 10 Campbell County 0
I've never stated anything about coaches getting fired. I do believe we need more, but I have no voice when it comes to who coaches and who doesn't. When girls feelgood about tthemselves they tend to respond well....that's why I asked the questions I did about the girls and coaches. If you look at my thread about up and coming players...I put down Jessica Walsh and Becca Mitchell, which both ended up with awards/achievements. I've even mentioned McGrath, Orick, and Verst as being returning leaders. All you've got to do is look at last year's roster to see who didn't come out. If I was so against the coaches, I wouldn't let my daughter play. I mention about the seniors and younger players, b/c we need all the help we can. And yes it's about the girls, not the coaches or parents. We should be striving to help out all the players.
-
Bishop Brossart 10 Campbell County 0
We do have an assistant that shows up from time to time to help the freshman and I've seen her help jv. She's the girls basketball coach at Pendleton County high school and is best friends with the head Campbell county coaches daughter. She also, played basketball at Campbell county about 6 years ago. We have a total of 4 coaches to cover 3 teams which I believe is about 30 girls.
-
Bishop Brossart 10 Campbell County 0
I agree that a coaching staff should improve the team, but maybe the players have just gotten better. The talent is there without a doubt. The thing is that Campbell is a big school compared to at least half of those that we lost to. When 5 seniors this year don't show up and younger kids are discouraged from showing up to try out, somethings got to give. I'm glad that there's all this talk going on here, but talk is cheap. I want to see some action and I want that talent that oozes from the Lady Camels tapped into. The potential is there, but when a program isn't getting the kids to come out, then what...that's why you'll hear parents say thank goodness for travel ball.
-
Bishop Brossart 10 Campbell County 0
Absolutely no parents allowed. I asked to help and was told that Campbell County has to hire you and you've got to take some coarses. My understanding was that there were some other coaches that applied but I guess it ended there. Last year, I heard the varsity head coaches took care of all 3 teams and I guess they did so in the past as well. I personally think this is one of Campbell's problems as well, not having enough coaches. We were the only team I ever saw using players, but it was Coach Carrolls only option. Out of all the games I witnessed from varsity on down, it seemed like every team had more coaches than us.
-
Bishop Brossart 10 Campbell County 0
We got a new freshman coach....Coach Carroll. I would give him 3 thumbs up, but I only have 2:)
-
Bishop Brossart 10 Campbell County 0
I almost forgot, most importantly what about the coaches. Are they happy and uplifting when things get tough? Do they give tough love when needed, do they bond with the players and even the parents? How encouraging are the coaches when the wheels start to fall off and the softball world is crashing down on their player? All these things plus a ton more can make or break a team and I'm seeing a team that needs some repairs. But, I will say that I think it's manageable repairs if the right attitude is present.
-
Bishop Brossart 10 Campbell County 0
I didn't see the game, but I saw the Scott game and that was enough to tell me there was gonna be problems. As a parent, I care less about awards, good plays, bad plays, or even mistakes... I only want to see my daughter give it all she has and finish with a smile on her face. I think the Lady Camels have more talent than the record shows. So, I ask....why the errors and so called let downs in tough games? First thing that comes to my mind is how do the players feel? You ever heard the saying that if momma ain't happy, no one's happy...the production goes down in the household. If you want production from young impressionable women, they've got to be happy. I would love to ask each individual player if their happy outside of softball and inside of softball. I think that would shed some light.
-
Newport Central Catholic/Highlands (36th District Championship) predictions
How about yall just call a draw and give the kids a break while the coaches go have a cool beverage:) By the way, I know who's gonna win but I'm not telling a soul until after the game;)
-
Bishop Brossart 10 Campbell County 0
I wasn't at the game, so who got what awards?
-
Bishop Brossart 10 Campbell County 0
I hate to say it, but I think most saw this coming, just not as bad. The Scott game, even though a win, paved the way for this beat down by Brossart. Congrats to Brossart for being the district champs...well deserved. Also congrats to Campbell on being district runner up(stay positive Lady Camels and good things will hopefully come your way).
-
NKY Sluggers
Maybe whatbestforthegirls will chime in to dispute the Villa field not having home runs hit on it. In past threads it has been stated that B.Meier has hit homeruns at Villa and most of their games were played there. I've never personally seen the field, so I'm just stating some facts as far as what has been stated in previous post by whatsbestforthegirls and looking at Villas schedule. By the way, I'm not trying to knock anyone:)
-
Owen County 3 Gallatin County 1
Oh:)
-
NKY Sluggers
Are those all legitimate homeruns, or are some in the park homeruns? What if a field doesn't have a fence or teams make errors trying to get a player out while they get all the way home. Does any of that come into place with slugging % or homeruns?
-
Campbell County 12 Scott 2
Final from Alexandria Orick getting the hitting going and the rest started to follow.
-
NKY Coaches Poll (Final)
I think when it's at the high school level....the coaches impact the game, sometimes even more so than the players come tournament time. The coach that continues to stay calm, encouraging, and keeps coaching(I'm screaming this, b/c I've seen and I've heard coaches assume that their player should know what to do..never assume with high schoolers)....... leading a team to stay focused....will normally be the team that is victorious.
-
Grant County 2 Walton Verona 1
Does anyone have any details on this? I got to talk to Grant County's coach for a few seconds after they played Campbell. Grant played well that day and he said the future was looking bright.....I would have to agree. Congrats on the big w.
-
Northern Kentucky Softball Coaches Association Awards Banquet results
Since coaches nominate their own players, is it safe to say that a coach could technically put their bff's on the ballot:)
-
What is your UNOFFICIAL top 10 at end of regular season
1. Notre Dame 2. Conner 3. Highlands 4. Newport Catholic 5. Boone County 6. Dixie Heights 7. St. Henry 8. Ryle 9. Bishop Brossart 10. Campbell County 11. Simon Kenton