Everything posted by KY Outsider
-
2021 Thrower Break Down
-
2021 Thrower Break Down
-
West 40 East 34 (3OT) (2021 NKY East/West All Star Game)
Wow, McCormick will have a long day, he is competing in the Shot Put and Discus today in the 1A State Track Meet.
-
West 40 East 34 (3OT) (2021 NKY East/West All Star Game)
It is a fun game for sure, my oldest played in it a few years back and it was a good experience to close out his high school years.
-
West 40 East 34 (3OT) (2021 NKY East/West All Star Game)
With the state track meets this week as well, I would assume some athletes opted out for that.
-
West 40 East 34 (3OT) (2021 NKY East/West All Star Game)
I am wondering at what point do they actually have all the athletes who have committed to playing, maybe that is why it is so hard to find. Some that should play have other commitments while others have no desire. I wonder how close to the game they actually know who will play.
-
West 40 East 34 (3OT) (2021 NKY East/West All Star Game)
I tried doing a google search myself and came up with nothing. If I see something, I will post it.
-
West 40 East 34 (3OT) (2021 NKY East/West All Star Game)
The NKY East-West Football Game is back on this year. I am not sure if there will be a live stream but it will be nice to see a lot of these kids play at least one more time. The 2021 @StElizabethNKY All-Star Series kicks off this Thursday with the East-West Football game at Dixie Heights! Kickoff is set for 7:30!
-
Newport hires Brian Weinrich as new head football coach.
What is parent involvement like at Newport versus Highlands?
-
Campbell County AAA Regional (Track & Field)
REGION 5 has a great group of throwers this year. Should have 3 competing in shot put and 5 competing in discus on the boys side and probably the one of the most impressive girls ever to throw in NKY.
-
School Board decisions on participating in Kentucky's Supplemental School Year Program (SSYP)
I would assume this to be a major factor in most districts. It may be more of a disadvantage to the students if the class sizes are affected. I really only see an academic benefit for younger students myself.
-
School Board decisions on participating in Kentucky's Supplemental School Year Program (SSYP)
Wow, are all those school districts even going to make any decision?
-
Supplemental School Year Program (SSYP) Guidance from the KHSAA
I would think elementary and middle school with the development of learning.
-
Boone County schools all getting turf fields
I believe that is a new auditorium. I know they were going to do several building upgrades. Hopefully they upgrade bathroom and locker room facilities at Ryle, Boone County and Conner as well.
-
Boone County schools all getting turf fields
It still blows my mind that they didn't put turf down when they built Cooper in the first place.
-
2021 Thrower Break Down
Malachi Lawrence threw 58' on Friday and Jackson Smallwood from Grant County threw 51' on Saturday changing this list up a little.
-
Supplemental School Year Program (SSYP) Guidance from the KHSAA
The more I am reading on the NCAA and this issue, I would think it is a bad deal to actually take the do-over year.
-
The NCAA has released a statement about Kentucky's Supplemental School Year Program (SSYP).
Especially when a majority of college athletes still had a season.
-
The NCAA has released a statement about Kentucky's Supplemental School Year Program (SSYP).
I would say in most cases it would be best to move on, do the work where you get the offer to at least be on a roster and hope that leads to something more. PWOs, D2, D3, NAIA and JUCO kids transfer into D1 programs all the time. If you are meant to be there you will get there.
-
2021 Thrower Break Down
I have seen Hardwick and Cartwright and simply forgot to add them. I really like Hardwick, he has a lot of energy and he may turn out to be the next KY great. He is only a sophomore so there is a lot of potential there.
-
The NCAA has released a statement about Kentucky's Supplemental School Year Program (SSYP).
Kind of does, doesn't it. The extra year the NCAA gave is really hurting these younger kids.
-
2021 Thrower Break Down
I can only speak of who I have seen, mostly in NKY and Louisville. These are probably the best I have seen, at least from KY. Harrison Pawsat - Highlands Luke Stegman - CovCath Wilson Pendleton - Ryle Jackson Smallwood - Grant County Malachi Lawrence - Dupont Manual Alexander Cole - Eastern Emmanuel Lopez - Fern Creek
-
The NCAA has released a statement about Kentucky's Supplemental School Year Program (SSYP).
I wouldn't even consider it if I was a high school under classman. If you have higher aspirations, do the work and hope it pans out.
-
The NCAA has released a statement about Kentucky's Supplemental School Year Program (SSYP).
Makes you wonder if it is really worth taking the supplemental year in the long run.
-
2021 Thrower Break Down
Who are the contenders in all 3 classes in Shot Put and Discus this year?