Everything posted by coach4eva
-
Ryle's new coach search
Well hopefully a decision is made soon or at least assign an interim head coach. These girls are missing out on June scrimmages and team camps plus a lot of the fund-raising that needs to happen over the summer. I know they have already missed the deadline to get into the NKU team camp and other deadlines are coming up this week for several other camps in this area. The team has been conducting open gyms and strength and conditioning, but it will be disappointing if they miss out on these other opportunities.
-
Patty Oliveros out at Ryle?
You couldn't be more wrong. Actually I do not have a daughter in the program. I am a former player. I never had a problem with Coach Oliverio demeaning me or mistreating me in any way. She taught me a lot about the game and pushed me hard to succeed.
-
Patty Oliveros out at Ryle?
I personally am sad to see her leave the program. She is a VERY good coach and really knows the game and how to teach it. The freshman coach has been running the open gyms and strength and conditioning program because Patty has been coaching softball. Not sure if she will continue to run the open gyms or if someone else will be an interim coach and run them.
-
Who is the highest jumper in NKY?
HAHA!! My bad! I was thinking I heard 10.75...I thought that was REALLY good! I guess I forgot the 6' in front of it.
-
Who is the highest jumper in NKY?
Ronald Cotton from Boone a few years ago could really get up!
-
Who is the highest jumper in NKY?
He set the state record in high school by high jumping over 10 feet?
-
Who is the highest jumper in NKY?
Add to that...Bray also set the state high jump record. I personally saw him at 6'3 jump over a 6'7 kid and dunk in a national dunk contest. And the 6'7 kid was in the middle of the paint and not standing under the basket. Amazing trick dunk...he ran away with first place in that contest.
-
Northern Kentucky Freshman Regional
Actually, the Ryle parents and fans have been nothing but class all year. When the announcer said that it was because of a group of younger kids, probably elementary age, sitting together in the stands. One of the kids made a loud noise as a Campbell player was shooting a free throw. It was very quiet in the gym, which is why it seemed really loud. Not condoning the action, just wanted to clear up that it was not the parents or adults associated with this group. Just a group of younger boys who thought they were helping their big sister's team out by trying to distract the opponent.
-
JV championship
So are you saying that all of the hard work that these JV and Freshman players put in this year means nothing? That they should not be considered part of the "High School basketball thread" and should be put in "other sports"? I know it's "just freshman" or "just JV" but give me a break. These players and coaches have worked really hard this year and are excited that their team has done well enough to get into the championship game. They may not be playing Varsity yet, but they are still part of the high school program. The look on my daughter's face and the excitement from the other girls on the team after their win last night in the "freshman" tournament tells me that this meant a lot to these girls. And for you to just dismiss their acheivement like that is uncalled for. How about a "great job" on a tremendous 25-2 season instead of "it's a false positive".
-
Northern Kentucky Freshman Regional
Ryle has 3 freshman who do not play any freshman ball. Ryle had so many injuries this year they had to bring up a few of the freshman only girls to play JV. Ryle had pretty good numbers this year, but have 4 girls in the program that have missed all or most of the season due to injury.
-
Northern Kentucky Freshman Regional
Congratulations to the Lady Raiders Freshman basketball team. They played a great game jumping out to a 20-6 lead and never looked back. This team has been fun to watch this year. Also congratulations to Madison Jones and Aimee Jump for making the all-tournament team and for Manami Horiuchi for being named MVP of the tournament.
-
Fans need to be fans!
I was in the stands for the Ryle game you are talking about. The game was much closer than what you stated. It was something like a 4 point game at the half and I believe Ryle only had about a 10 point lead going into the 4th and was still around a 4 possession game with about 3 mins left in the game. They just had about a 30 second spurt late where they had about 8 points off steals. Ryle had a game the week before where they had a 16 point game going into the 4th and almost lost. I bet the coach had that in the back of her head. I know Ryle is 23-2 right now with both losses in overtime with Ryle not able to finish out the game.
-
Girls play up all year move down for Freshman Tournament
The tournament started last week and they are down to the final 5 teams. Campbell County will play Holy Cross with the winner advancing to the Championship game. Ryle gets the winner of Notre Dame and Highlands. Winner advances to the final game. All games are played at Notre Dame.
-
Bishop Brossart 54 Ryle 52
Ryle freshman were really impressive. Their defensive effort the first half earned them a standing ovation from the crowd as they went into the locker room at the half. Both the JV and Varsity games were exciting to watch. Both teams played hard in both games. Very aggressive and physical play from both Ryle and Brossart. It's early and I think both teams will continue to improve.