Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BENGAL 15

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BENGAL 15

  1. Thats my boys from Owenton. Bout time you juniors step up and take control. Hey isn't it Zach McDonald? Good back to back wins for you guys.
  2. Does anyone know how this game turned out?
  3. From what I hear Jones don't have a chance. They are looking at a guy that was at Scott then went to Nelson County. That is from someone there in the community. Haven't got to talk to the assistants about it yet.
  4. I agree.. Those kids have been put through the ringer...Not onlt with the changing of coaches, but with the admin dragging their feet where athletics are concern.
  5. Hilton would be a great coach. They need someone that has no ties to that community. All I ever heard last year was how the Seniors were the problem on that team. They has no respect at all for anyone. Put a outside guy in there that don't care who their parents are and who they are..you will have a different program. I have heard nothing but good about this bunch of upcoming Seniors. I think Hockensmith was from Frankfort, but wasn't he a assistant under Coach U for a year?
  6. When was this game? Was this in the tournament that Tates Creek put on this weekend.
  7. Anybody can have a bad nite and loose. Apparently Owen did have a chance to win from what I heard. Regardless how they would get the win...a win a win..So saying they had no chance of winning is a understatment. Errors just can kill a team in a heartbeat.
  8. Hilton lives in Lexington and was a recruiter for Kentucky State and he was also director for football operations. If I'm not mistaken he was a quarter back at one time. He knows the game and Owen County needs a boost. I think he would really uplift that program.
  9. From what I heard Owen County should have won. Apparently to many errors that were just rouotine plays. Heard the sophomore Brody Layton pitched a good game. One of the parents said that errors plagued them all weekend. Tates Creek only beat them by 6 or 7. Who pitched that game? Who was on the mound when they played Manuel? Did any of Owen County kids have a good showing?
  10. I am not for sure who all applied. One of the assistants told me that Hilton had applied, he was really excited. He was real close to two of the applicants,and found out Friday that they were not getting an interview. He was disappointed. He doesn't know if Hilton is getting a interview or not.
  11. I heard that Hilton Isabel from Lexington has applied for the head coaches position. If that is the case then he can turn Owen Counties program around. He was a recruiter for Kentucky State football, and director of football operations. He is a referee in the 8th region. Kids think alot of him. He also umpires baseball in the 8th region as well.The administration would be stupid if they let this guy get away. With this guy applying, they will see if the administration has the kids in mind. There has been alot of talk that the admin over there don't care about the kids. Guess they will know Wednesday the way it sounds. Does anyone know for sure if this guy has sent in a resume'? Owen may have a hugh program next year.
  12. The two assistants over there are real good guys. I am good friends with one of them. Not for sure if he will still be there when they do hire a new coach. He has done so much with those kids. I think the other assistant has the weight room open for the kids in the afternoon as well. Alot of there kids are playing baseball and that makes it kinda hard for them to get numbers in the weight room as of now. He did say that they have someone now to actually work on the fields and try to get them in better shape. I think this past year the AD over there let Relay for Life bring a Semi on the field and it done some pretty good damage. Some kinda platform for singing groups and a semi sat on the field for a few days. HELLO, how dumb was that. He also said their practice field was getting work on as well and hope that would be up and running. I had a chance to look at the new locker room that some of the football parents and coaches remodeled last season and it is really nice. At least the kids should be proud over that.
  13. I think Coach Hockensmith was the AD last year. The AD over there now is a guy named Randy Bishop. I think they are waiting on a teaching position to come open before they do anything. It is to my understanding that the parents as well as the players are pretty much fed up with how the administration drug their feet on this.
  14. Ogden was on the mound last nite. Not really for sure how many errors they had, but there was quite a few.
  15. Owen County had to many errors. First three runs for Gallatin was unearned. We were fortunate to pull out a win. Heard Owen is averaging to many errors a game. Doesn't look good for the Rebels this year. Routine mistakes as well as mental mistakes was a big factor in tonites win against Owen.
  16. I talked to a parent from Owen and they said no one had been named as head coach as of right now. I also asked them about the the turnout for Spring ball and they averaged around 14 to 15 a day. Couple days they had 19. They are looking forward to this year because there are some good kids returning. They had alot of parent issues last year and not much dedication from the players.Alot of missed practices from the players. I think that is to be blamed on the parents. They said the head coach wasn't the whole issue last year, but that is behind them now. They are just looking to moving forward if possible. At this point that is all they can do and hopefully they will get a coach soon. That way the kids at least know what is going on. At this point when you go through so many coaches and here nothing but complaints. It's not the coaches, and that goes for any school. Parents and players always look for an excuse or someone to blame. Granted you may not like whose coaching, but get in there and do your best then your real talent will show. Think about it whoever your playing against has to see you as well. If your good then other coaches will notice you. The administration over there really needs to get someone in there that has no connections with the county. That way they can run their own program and not worry whose toes their stepping on.
  17. I heard that Owen County has a pretty tough schedule this year? Thoses routines plays that turns into errors will kill you.
  18. Any news on this game?
  19. Couldn't agree with you more.. That coach has no class at all. You have to hand it to Eminence for not walking off. Seems to me that is all Andersons coach was looking for.
  20. Man I am all about the kids. That coach needs a little reality check. You can tell for sure he doesn' care about them at all. You don't do that to a team. Go Eminence for not walking off the field. Thanks for not giving that coach the satisfaction of being able to say, "I WAS BEATING A TEAM SO BAD THE WALKED OFF THE FIELD." Sounds like that was the only thing he was looking for. GO EMINENCE
  21. Good luck Mr. Simington. Hope you do well.
  22. Any word on how many came out for Spring football? I say they are like us and a big majority play baseball as well. That prolly cut their numbers.
  23. Not really heard much about their Middle School program. I am also 99% sure that there was no coach hired before Spring practice. Someone said they were waiting on teaching positions. Get real,hire a coach....

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.