Everything posted by YoungBlood
-
2008 Kentucky/Indiana All Star Classic Contest(Results)
:dancingpa :ylsuper: Do I get a prize? :lol:
-
2008 Harlan
Pretty good observation! :thumb:
-
Top 5 teams in the 13th region next year?
:laugh: :thumb:
-
Top 5 teams in the 13th region next year?
Do you not think that Harlan County will get out of the district? Just curious because you have Bell and M'boro both ranked ahead of them.
-
Top 5 teams in the 13th region next year?
How many years now has M'boro had good talent, but not been able to produce? I can't see them being raked that high on talent alone -JMO- they have to prove something first. :thumb:
-
Harlan County High's New Coach
:banana: :dancingpa
-
2008 Harlan
:thumb: :ylsuper:
-
2008 Harlan County
I agree! I hope that no one thinks I was saying, in my previous post, that Coach Mitchell wouldn't play HC or anyone else for that matter.
-
2008 Harlan County
I agree, "if you want to be the best you got to schedule the best"......however, Coach Mitchell is playing this game because of his relationship and respect that he and Coach Larkey have for one another. He tried to get Larkey to find another game in their place; but when Larkey told him that they were having a hard time finding people to play then he decided to keep the game. I'm not knocking Coach Mitchell - or Lynn Camp- at all, he has done an outstanding job. If they win or lose this game, it will make them stronger. I look forward to watching....it could be a dandy. As for Hazard.......they were all about scheduling a game agaisnt HC, and all that was left to do was sign the contract. Once Larkey was named the coach they stopped responding to county officials repeated efforts to get the contract signed. I'm not saying that his hiring had anything to do with them changing their minds, but it did seem odd. After weeks of trying to reach Hazard about the game, they finally responded back and said they decided to go a different direction and play in Lexington. Again, I'm not trying to be negative or critical about anything I said.......just stating what I was told.
-
Harlan County High's New Coach
:thumb:
-
2008 Harlan
I couldn't agree more!!! :thumb: It seems like "they" don't want to touch this post! :lol:
-
Harlan County High's New Coach
I'd say that "Evarts" has coached his last junior high game in the county schools. Jones will have control over what the junior high coaches teach (fundamentals wise), and will not have someone coaching the county kids while his son goes to the city. From what I've been told....... any junior high coach that doesn't agree to teach what Jones wants, then they will be released of their coaching duties.
-
Harlan County High's New Coach
Just my opinion.....I don't know why a kid wouldn't want to play at Harlan Co. and be a good player on a team that has a chance to win the region year in and year out (once Jones gets the ball rolling) rather then to go to Harlan City and be a "STAR" but struggle to get out of the district every year. I guess the question is......Individual stats or a chance at playing in Rupp?
-
Harlan County High's New Coach
I believe your information might be correct, because that is exactly what I was told as well. Evidently, according to my source, a lot of "aggressive drills" were done (loose balls, charges, etc) for the better part of an hour. Coach Jones will find out who wants to stay and who doesn't, becaues they will have to play his way or not play at all. I agree with you on the Black Bear team possibly struggling out of the gate; but by the end of the year they will be a "tough" out. Good luck Black Bears!!!!!!!!! :banana:
-
2008 Kentucky/Indiana All Star Classic Contest
Game #1 1. Indiana 2. Scotty Hopson 3. Shelvin Mack Game #2 1. Kentucky 2. Darius Miller 3. Shelvin Mack Tiebreaker #1: 9
-
2008 Harlan County
I couldn't agree MORE!!!! :thumb: :ylsuper:
-
Harlan County High Bears
I couldn't agree more!! :thumb:
-
Harlan County High Bears
What are your thoughts, HDE?
-
Allen Central Boys Basketball New Coach
Is Mark Martin related to Johnny? Good luck to Coach Johnny Martin and his future!
-
Harlan County High Bears
I'm looking forward to seeing them play as well; but I think that we will have to wait until next season to do so. I heard that Jones decided not to play any summer games, because he felt like they needed to utilize the practice time. I don't know if this is true, but it does make sense. I've got a little "Hoosiers" and "Rudy" in my veins also. :ylsuper:
-
Harlan County High Bears
I hope that Calwell can come back 100% (or at least close) from his knee surgery, because the Black Bears will need his presence inside. As for McCoun, he has a big upside, but I hear he is laking in commitment right now. Hopefully he can get that out of him before practice starts in the summer (or Jones will), because he could turn into a really nice player.
-
2008 Harlan County
:thumb:
-
2008 Harlan County
What does this have to do with Harlan County. The link you gave is about Harlan City.
-
2008 Harlan County
I heard that the Black Bears came together one day this week and had their combine (to see where they are at). The talk is that they had 5 or 6 kids run a 4.7 or better. Also, they had some big strong kids (line-man) run a 5 flat, or 5.1 to 5.2. Look out for this Larkey team, because they will be talented!!!!!!
-
Harlan County High Bears
Open gym HAS started for the BLACK BEARS! All the kids have came together and really responded to each other well (so I'm hearing). I also heard that with some teaching (although they will be young) by the end of the year, this BLACK BEAR team could be dangerous!!!!!!! Good luck BLACK BEARS!!!!!!!!!!