Everything posted by lil' doc
-
Owsley County 2008/09
I see Owsley strugglin' at the begining of the season but having a great outcome in the end. I know people like to judge a team throughout the season (I do it myself), but at the end of the season, thats what counts. Owsley will be there when the time comes, I do beleive. Good Luck this season Ladys!!!!!
-
Owsley Co. 53 Redbird 26
Congatulations to these seniors! They have put a lot of time in the gym over the last 7 years, and touched a many of line to get where they are. The Lady Owls are improving each and every day and that is starting to show out on the floor. I attened both of the Red Bird games, and this is a different Lady Owls team. They are showing that same intensity and fire that they had at the start of the season and we as Owsley fans sure are glad. The Lady Owls have to play Estill in the District Tourney at Powell and that will be a hard game to decide. Both teams are good, and this will be a good game to attend. Congates to you three seniors (Kendra Combs, Corina Thacker, and Myra Thomas) in every thing you choose to do.
-
Motivation after losing in the All "A"
:thumb:
-
Motivation after losing in the All "A"
I know of schools in the 14th, that if they could win the All "A", that it would make their season. When these small schools have a slim selection to choose from, they cant be expecting too much. You have to work with what you got, and I think that sometimes people forget that. I will be the first one to admit that you have to be absolutley loaded to win your regional Tournement unless you receive a light shinning down upon you. The best teams usually win (most talent and most heart). When you have to compete with schools that can beat your population three or sometimes four to one, then I sometimes don't think that's fair; but hey, life isn't fair all the time, but we learn to live with it and go on. So, yeah I do think the All "A" is a wonderful thing, because it gives the little man a chance to shine!
-
14th All "A"
Any predictions????
-
Estill County 56 Lee County 52
Congrats to the Neers! Heard that this game was a show down, and Lee lead for the whole game up until the last minute or so.
-
Knott Central 65 Powell County 61 (OT)
Congrats lady patriots. Powell County is a hard place to win, they like to defend their home place.
-
Owsley County's Wallace Bates steps down
Very well said! :thumb: I beleive the Lady Owls will be fine. All I can say is that they just make their shots, and the only way to help that is to shoot; it's a simple correction. From what I can tell the girls seem to be taking everything with an optimistic outlook on the way things has turned out. They seem to be liking Coach Turner and seem to be taking to him. One thing that I liked when I was watching the game was that they didn't run the same play over and over each time down the floor. Even though they didn't win Saturday night, I see great things comming down the road for the Lady Owls.
-
Owsley County's Wallace Bates steps down
I remember when Paul coached, he had a lot of fire and put showed a lot of heart while he was in the program at OCHS. I also seen him over at the game Saturday night while the girls played Estill. Maybe he showing intrest again.
-
Owsley County's Wallace Bates steps down
I beleive the Lady Owls will be alright, they just need to take in everything and accept things now. I attend the game in Powell and I do beleived that they played hard and to beat it all, they lost more at home than what they did at Stanton. Hang in there Lady Owls, ya'll be fine!!!!
-
Owsley County's Wallace Bates steps down
Sorry to hear this. A message to the Lady Owls: Girls, keep your heads up, and play the game that everyone knows you can.
-
Owsley Co. 57 Lee Co. 38
Good, hard, fought win for the Lady Owls! Way to beat your district rivals! I do know one thing for sure, they better have law at Lee Co. come first round of All "A" because as hard as these two teams played tonight, it'll be a doosey. Congrats to the Lady Owls :dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa
-
How is the 14th looking?
LCC has alot of young players this year, but hey do have talent. I do beleive they will be alright as the year progresses.
-
How is the 14th looking?
l beleive that Breathitt will be one of the hardest teams to beat this year. With Noble and Shouse they will be dangerous.
-
Owsley County 55 Wolfe County 34
Agree