Everything posted by frmwaydwntwn1212
-
Anyone know the schedule for Simon Kenton Camp this coming week.
What time do they play?
-
Open Job: Conner-Coach Hicks steps down at Conner
June is when teams start playing and putting in their system. I would want my coach in place before May. This is why I'm assuming it's a done deal. No inside info just looking how they handled the situation. But it does seem like more and more schools are doing this.
-
Open Job: Conner-Coach Hicks steps down at Conner
College? Is this one of those volunteer assistants at a NAIA school? I think Conner is a good job but not to where you'll get a successful college coach. They should have had this process done earlier everyone knew this was Stellman's last year.
-
Open Job: Conner-Coach Hicks steps down at Conner
I'm telling you this was all part of the school's plan. Make it where Bowman has secured the job.
-
Open Job: Shelby County
I think there a few current and ex head coaches who might be interested in this opening.
-
Open Job: Conner-Coach Hicks steps down at Conner
I doubt it goes to anyone but Bowman at this point. Hicks is probably going to drag it out so Ryan gets the job.
-
Open Job: Grant County
- Open Job: Conner-Coach Hicks steps down at Conner
I believe Cooper was missing their best player(s).- Open Job: Conner-Coach Hicks steps down at Conner
That was my point. Conner is a big time job and I think every coach in NKY would agree with that opinion.- Open Job: Conner-Coach Hicks steps down at Conner
I won't argue that the other three might be better than Dixie but from a coach's perspective, Dixie is a tier 1 job. Also, Cooper is not a Tier 1 job. I think it is the cycle of Boone County schools. You'll see that each school goes through these ebs and flows of talent and right now it's Coopers turn.- Open Job: Conner-Coach Hicks steps down at Conner
Ok let me breakdown my assessment of jobs in the 9th Region: Tier 1 Cov Cath NCC Dixie Holmes Tier 2 Conner Cooper Ryle St. Henry Tier 3 Newport Boone County Lloyd Holy Cross Tier 4 Ludlow Highlands Beechwood Tier 5 Dayton Villa Madonna Bellevue Tier 6 Heritage Academy- Butt, Fitzgerald Are Transferring
It is definitely a basketball move! The KHSAA should challenge this if it had any guts at all but Tackett I'm sure will just sign off on the papers. Now, if the whole family legit moves to the Pulaski district there is nothing they can do.- Open Job: Conner-Coach Hicks steps down at Conner
Conspiracy theory, the head coach next year will be.........Jim Hicks- Any News on Scott Job?
Those hanging chads.- Open Job: Conner-Coach Hicks steps down at Conner
But we have to also remember, Hicks doesn't make this decision alone. He has to sell that Bowman will be a successful head coach to the hiring committee.- John Fraley named Head Coach at Pulaski County
If you've been to any AAU tournaments, you'd see that Fraley has a son or nephew that is one of the best incoming Freshman. I don't see him not being in the mix for a starting spot at some point. Don't know much about the 12th Region but it's hard to imaging the coach sitting his son/nephew.- Any News on Scott Job?
I think Scott is in for a long year no matter who is the head coach. Parents and Players running the asylum is never a good thing. This almost feels like the new coach will be a puppet to do their bidding. Maybe that's why they didn't have any real high quality coaches interview.- Open Job: Conner-Coach Hicks steps down at Conner
I'm in no way anti-Reinhardt. My question is what in his coaching credentials would make him qualified for a top job in NKY? I could see him at Grant County (don't know how they didn't hire him) or Ludlow but Conner and Scott should hire proven coaches that have won. Now, Bowman is different because him and Hicks are really good friends and this would be Hicks taking care of his own. It would be interesting to see if Bowman gets the job. Great guy, don't know much about his coaching ability.- Open Job: Conner-Coach Hicks steps down at Conner
Clyde, where do you see Conner going on this job? Since you're an alum, it would be great to get your insight.- 8th Region 2016/17
1. Oldham County 2. Anderson County 3. North Oldham 4. Simon Kenton 5. Collins- Open Job: Conner-Coach Hicks steps down at Conner
The first big job to open in the 9th. I would assume you'll have a huge amount of applicants for this position if they even post it. I think since Hicks is going to be the AD he'll just give it to his assistant Bowman. No knock on Carr but he's a very risky hire right now just because of the circumstances. I think that maybe Sean Garnett will apply and see if he can get back in coaching basketball. Since his name is flavor of the month, Reinhardt will be among the applicants. I also think you will see a surprise applicant or two. But at the end of the day, it will go to Bowman.- Any News on Scott Job?
I don't think you can hire someone from the previous staff. It seems as though Carr is gone for things that some might feel should have been brought to administrator's attention earlier. Not my opinion but some might feel this way. I would go outside the current staff to completely wipe myself of the situation.- Any News on Scott Job?
The problem if you visit the Kenton website is the lack of open teaching positions. I remember when schools would make a position for the coaches doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I didn't know Reinhardt was associated with this job...but maybe that's why he's not the coach at Grant County?- Open Job: Grant County
So now that it's filled...Any word on where coach Grammer went or is headed? Thought he did a great job at Grant County.- Taylor County new Transfer
It's not so simple for a coach just to leave. It requires an opening and a school wanting that coach. Gatewood is in a place that he has proven that he can win a region at and as long as he's there transfers will come. Grass isn't always greener. - Open Job: Conner-Coach Hicks steps down at Conner