Everything posted by Surf Fisherman
-
Lexington Christian fined over financial aid to athletes
As I have posted earlier, the punishment LCA received (AS QUOTED IN THE PAPER) was as follows: (1.) Fined $13,892.00 (2.) Put on probation for 1 year (3.) all parents of 16 student athletes required to pay back the tuition they were given. (That's right folks, I didn't studder, I said "16" !!) There is no excuse for the schools actions, other than trying to buy championship teams !! They are CHEATERS and do not deserve any slack. Think of the senior players on the teams they beat in football this year ! Players who missed out on playoff games etc. because the coaching staff and management of LCA and their actions.
-
Beechwood 38 LCA 35 (Take 2)
Cheaters !! now what do you have to say Bluto.
-
Lexington Christian fined over financial aid to athletes
They were fined $13,000.00, put on probation for 1 year and all of the kids parents involved have to payback the money.
-
Lexington Christian fined over financial aid to athletes
All they wanted was a championship caliber football team. This had nothing to do with wanting deversity.
-
Who was the best high school football team you've seen this year?
Highlands..
-
BIRDS State Rings
http://www.championship-rings.net/index.php?target=products&product_id=31096
-
BIRDS State Rings
Beechwood just finished designing their ring too. It has 5 diamonds on each side with State on top and Champions on the bottom. IN the middle there is a red tiger paw raised up off a bed of smaller diamonds. If you want to see it, look up the University of Minnesota's hockey championship ring and replace the M in the middle with a tiger paw. The design is pretty much the same.
-
NKY most improved teams, Next year.
True, but Beechwood's JV beat them I think 27-0. I think that also says something about how Beechwood may be next year.
-
Moeller Head Coaching Postion
Coach Rash told us he has said he was not interested to Big Moe.
-
Beechwood 38 LCA 35
My take on the game is this: I personally thought LCA's play calling was excellent. It was creative and I believe their true strength. Their coach should be congratulated for the game plan he came up with. I believe he only made one mistake the entire game and that was of course the 4th down call on the goal line. He got greedy and it burned him. I have no doubt it will never happen again. (He says differently in his interviews, but I think privately he's kicking himself) The other great strength I believe LCA showed was their linebackers. They were the real reason LCA was able to hold our running game to what they did. I liked their Quarterbacks play, for a sophmore he did very well. He will be a great asset for their team in the future. Obviously, Hayden is a factor and an excellent player, but in my opinion, not a game breaker. But when you need short yardage he's the man to go to. The big difference in this game was our turnovers. When you make 5 turnovers and give a good team excellent field position, you are asking for trouble (I don't know of many teams who could overcome that adversity and still win). We kept LCA in the game because of those mistakes, gave them much more offensive possession time and motivation. I believe it shows just how great this years team was, to do that and still win. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a semilar thing happen to LCA in their first game with Hazzard (I heard LCA had 6 turnovers in that first game and they lost)? But what happened in their second game. (Big difference) I am looking forward to meeting you again next year. It should be a good game again. LCA has several good players returning and so does Beechwood. Congratulations again to our State Champion Tigers !
-
Newport Catholic/Fort Campbell updates (2A title game)
Got to go everyone, sorry.
-
Newport Catholic/Fort Campbell updates (2A title game)
HALFTIME. Tied 7-7, Great game, the defenses are doing well.
-
Newport Catholic/Fort Campbell updates (2A title game)
FC is going to run the clock out and be safe.
-
Newport Catholic/Fort Campbell updates (2A title game)
7-7, 35 seconds to go in the half. Great drive by the Breds.
-
Newport Catholic/Fort Campbell updates (2A title game)
Wide open.
-
Newport Catholic/Fort Campbell updates (2A title game)
Ball on the 26, Kues passes it TOUCHDOWN!!!!! Ritter catches it in the endzone.
-
Newport Catholic/Fort Campbell updates (2A title game)
FIRST DOWN NCC.
-
Newport Catholic/Fort Campbell updates (2A title game)
Ball on the FC 32 yardline, NCC needs six, NCC going for it, pass is complete, its close.
-
Newport Catholic/Fort Campbell updates (2A title game)
Timeout NCC, they'll talk it over.
-
Newport Catholic/Fort Campbell updates (2A title game)
Kues passes it after scrambling, intended for Wrobleski, incomplete, 4th and 6.
-
Newport Catholic/Fort Campbell updates (2A title game)
Kues pass is incomplete, ball deflected. 1:03 left in half,
-
Newport Catholic/Fort Campbell updates (2A title game)
Kues keeps it, gets to the 31 yardline, stays in bounds, clocks starting to melt away in the first half, 2nd and six.
-
Newport Catholic/Fort Campbell updates (2A title game)
Actually not too bad of a snap, punter got rattled by pressure and dropped the ball.
-
Newport Catholic/Fort Campbell updates (2A title game)
BAD SNAP!!!! Punter drops the ball, goes back to the 37 yardline.
-
Newport Catholic/Fort Campbell updates (2A title game)
Under pressure, 3rd and 4. Incomplete, 4th down.