Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How do you rate the state?

Featured Replies

Originally posted by westsider

3wishes, the only reason you haven't seen Hopkinsville in Louisville is because they had to play Boyle before the mighty Rock did ... Hoptown played Boyle tougher than anyone the last two years ... when Rockcastle makes Boyle actually break a sweat, then we'll talk.

 

Had to jump on this....

 

Ok, Boyle's been in 3A two years, any excuses for Hoptown prior to the last two years?

  • Replies 99
  • Views 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoptown was in 4A the previous two years ... lost to St. X on a touchdown in the final seconds in 1999, got beat pretty soundly at Male in 2000.

Originally posted by westsider

Hoptown was in 4A the previous two years ... lost to St. X on a touchdown in the final seconds in 1999, got beat pretty soundly at Male in 2000.

 

And before that they were in 3A right? What did they do prior to Boyle Co's arrival in 3A?

Originally posted by NamecipS

Man I wish I had magical powers to make this happen. I'll take NKY or 'Ville, you chose. Spot me 10, that's up to you, I think we'll be playing our 3rd backups by the end of the first quarter.

:lol: :lol: :lol: The only reason you might have a third sting in the game would be because of injuries. Like I said , I'll take these six teams and their coaching staffs and you take anyone else you want from any region.

 

The pride we have here in the Mountains is unmeasurable. Thats why I would spot you 10 pts.

 

:thumb:

Originally posted by Mr.Network

CentreRocks,

 

I'll take Trinity against that All-Star team and give 10.

 

 

 

Breathittfan,

 

Don't take this the wrong way. Breathitt had a great team and there is some good football played in Eastern KY but you can't be serious that you'd take that All-Star team against the rest of the state.

Thats pretty much a slap in the face. But thats ok. We are used to it. By the way, yes I would take these teams.

Originally posted by Breathittguy

Well guess its time for me to chime in with my 2 cents worth.I think many of us east Kentuckians feel there is a bias against our sports teams.I agree but this bias isnt just limited to our sports programs.It is about in everything that we have or do.I have traveled this entire state over the years and some areas very recently and see sites and conditions statewide that we get slammed over all the time like they are exclusive to our area which is bull.I also have worked at one time or had contact with people from most every county in the state of Ky. and have numerous friends all across the Commonwealth.I have heard numerous comments from a precious few that slam our area.I think sometimes its the "in " thing to do.A lot of these comments are based on ignorance of our area by some people that may never have even been here .Maybe we are a little sensitive at times and I for one think sometimes it is justified.I actually know people that have a problem with spending the night in our area.Sure we have problems and maybe they are more than in some other areas of the state.I think most people from this area are proud of where they are from.I think most counties within our state have things to be proud of.Guess one reason we support our teams so much is we feel like the underdog and are constantly having to prove ourselves.Now I will end with this.In either World War 1 or World War 2 (not sure which it was) there was one county in the United States that did not have to use draftees for the war.They got their total quota totally fom volunteers.Know which county it was----Breathitt.Sorry I got off track and dont mean to offend anyone.:)

Great post :thumb:

Originally posted by breathitt fan

:lol: :lol: :lol: The only reason you might have a third sting in the game would be because of injuries. Like I said , I'll take these six teams and their coaching staffs and you take anyone else you want from any region.

 

The pride we have here in the Mountains is unmeasurable. Thats why I would spot you 10 pts.

 

:thumb:

 

Trinity

Male

Highlands

CovCath

Dixie

LexCath

 

You're telling me you really believe your team could beat the best of the best from my 6 teams? I think you've bitten off more than you can chew.

Originally posted by NamecipS

Trinity

Male

Highlands

CovCath

Dixie

LexCath

 

You're telling me you really believe your team could beat the best of the best from my 6 teams? I think you've bitten off more than you can chew.

How many times must I repeat myself. Yes I Do! Whats makes your players better? They get more Pub. Thats about all I can see.

Originally posted by NamecipS

And before that they were in 3A right? What did they do prior to Boyle Co's arrival in 3A?

 

 

No excuses, dude, just facts ... lost to Highlands 21-14 in the 3A title game in 96, lost to CovCath 21-13 in the 97 finals ... stopped at the 2, I think, as time ran out.

Originally posted by breathitt fan

How many times must I repeat myself. Yes I Do! Whats makes your players better? They get more Pub. Thats about all I can see.

 

You've been sampling way too much of the local cash crop ...

Originally posted by breathitt fan

How many times must I repeat myself. Yes I Do! Whats makes your players better? They get more Pub. Thats about all I can see.

 

Let's see, hmmmm....

 

My offense:

 

Brohm - QB

Bush - RB(he can play anywhere, so this is where I'll put him)

Doss - RB(two QB's playing RB)

Tamme - WR

Logan - WR

Thiry - OL

Shumate - OL

Stanko - OL

Klemm - OL

Pappas - OL

 

Backups - McBroom(WR), Spencer(RB)

 

 

I think out of the 12 players I listed for offense, 5-6 made all state and to take it even farther, all the players made at a minimum honorable mention all state. That's one heck of an offense.

 

I'll give you a defense later unless someone else wants to step up and fill that out for me. Maybe one of the Trinity fans would like to take the D.

Originally posted by westsider

You've been sampling way too much of the local cash crop ...

seconded

Originally posted by NamecipS

Let's see, hmmmm....

 

My offense:

 

Brohm - QB

Bush - RB(he can play anywhere, so this is where I'll put him)

Doss - RB(two QB's playing RB)

Tamme - WR

Logan - WR

Thiry - OL

Shumate - OL

Stanko - OL

Klemm - OL

Pappas - OL

 

Backups - McBroom(WR), Spencer(RB)

 

 

I think out of the 12 players I listed for offense, 5-6 made all state and to take it even farther, all the players made at a minimum honorable mention all state.

 

Come on NamecipS, haven't you realized that the only reason those players made all-state is that there is an anti-eastern ky bias.;)

Originally posted by CentreRocks

Comne on NamecipS, haven't you realized that the only reason those players made all-state is that there is an anti-eastern ky bias.;)

 

 

See, I thought it was just because their teams got all the publicity.

What were the final standings in the state, A>P> and litkenhouse and lets take it from there

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.