Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Exceeding Expectations??

Have the Uniblocker & MKG Exceeded Your Expectations? 39 members have voted

  1. 1. Have the Uniblocker & MKG Exceeded Your Expectations?

    • Yes, I can't believe they're this good!
      64%
    • They're exactly who I thought they would be
      35%
    • Nope, they need to improve! I expected more!
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
I'd wait until after the NCAAS. Or even after Saturday nite.

 

Huh? What does either of those things have to do with the thread topic?

  • Author

ESPN has the latest installment of the "Watercooler" article up on the website, and it contained this little nugget about UK, specifically the freshmen:

 

Other national title contenders are in the mix this weekend, too. I want to get to Ohio State-Michigan in a second, but first, in what world could Vanderbilt upset Kentucky this weekend? If I'm the rest of the country, I'm watching this UK team come together in utter horror and dismay. I'm hiding under my blanket every time Anthony Davis swats a shot, every time Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (now there's a player on a title contender with edge to spare) races at the rim for a euro-step 2, every time Marquis Teague plays cool and confident in the flow of the game. My goodness, they're scary. Can Vanderbilt hope to hang?

 

 

 

MM: Well, I created a variety of scenarios for a Florida upset earlier this week. And the Wildcats foiled all of them. I think Vanderbilt is a similar squad. They'll spread the floor and pray that they find a way to keep up with the Wildcats. But I don't think the Commodores can handle Calipari's Crew. Not the way Kentucky is embarrassing teams. Now there's a group of young guys who enjoy hurting your favorite team's feelings. So edgy. After that Gators win, Calipari said his team hasn't reached its ceiling. Should the NCAA just give them the crown now?

 

 

 

The NCAA still controls our championship, right?

 

 

 

EB: I believe so. We'll have to check with the rules committee.

 

I agree with you on Vandy/Florida. Both perimeter teams. I thought Florida had a decent chance at UK, if only because the Gators don't want or need to go into Anthony Davis territory to get their points. They're just fine shooting a bunch of 3s. Thing is, Kentucky has a bunch of good, athletic defenders. And because Davis covers everything up in the lane, they can extend all the way out to the perimeter and prevent open looks. Who cares if they get beat on the dribble? Anthony will take care of that, thanks very much.

 

 

 

I think Vandy has to go the opposite route. They have to get the ball into Festus Ezeli early and often. He's a big, physical dude who should be able to get position on Davis with his core strength. If he can, maybe you can get him into foul trouble. That's how Indiana took him out of the game (or how Davis took himself out of the game); that may be Vandy's only chance Saturday.

 

It's hard to imagine, frankly. This team is just so good, and still improving. Shudder.

 

 

 

Oh nothing, expectations for teams I pull for is to get better as the season goes along. And they win what thet expect to win. As I said in my post. If you want to do a mid season evaluation with a weak conference, go for it. If I misunderstood the thread, I'm sorry, ignore my comments.

Oh nothing, expectations for teams I pull for is to get better as the season goes along. And they win what thet expect to win. As I said in my post. If you want to do a mid season evaluation with a weak conference, go for it. If I misunderstood the thread, I'm sorry, ignore my comments.

 

Larry did you have your first drink tonight? I'm really having a hard time following you.

Nope, I just think the Cats are doing very well against a very weak conference. Not the Cats fault. Look at their remaining games. Now back to my drinking.... Ice Tea.

As individual players I would say they have exceeded my expectations. I don't know if you could expect individual performances like this.

 

As a team, the results are about where I expected. I thought when the year started we would win the SEC and were a final four team.

As individual players I would say they have exceeded my expectations. I don't know if you could expect individual performances like this.

 

As a team, the results are about where I expected. I thought when the year started we would win the SEC and were a final four team.

 

So you expected them to be one 3 point buzzer beater away from being undefeated? Don't remember anyone predicting that.

  • Author
Oh nothing, expectations for teams I pull for is to get better as the season goes along. And they win what thet expect to win. As I said in my post. If you want to do a mid season evaluation with a weak conference, go for it. If I misunderstood the thread, I'm sorry, ignore my comments.

 

Larry, this thread is about Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Anthony Davis and their individual talents, not UK as a team. So I have to ask, what in the world are you talking about? :confused:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.