Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cooper 61 Conner 35

Featured Replies

Good district win for the jags. They shut down the middle and kept the Cougars from some easy baskets . Conner seemed flat in the first half and couldn't gain any ground in the 2nd half. Maniacci had some key blocks ,I believe 3 or 4 in the first quarter . A.J. Collins started out with 7 of the 12 pts. and Cody Cook came off the bench with 2 big 3's and it took the gas out of the Cougars from there on out . Padgett played a good game for the Cougars hit some nice jumpers and hit his ft's . Not sure of the stats I'll put them on here when I get them .

Congrats to the Jags on sweeping the Cougars in district play. The Jags are the 2nd best team in the 33rd this year and they will probably get a 4th game with Conner in the district tourney game.

I was at the game tonight and was very impressed with the cohesion Cooper has going for them. They play tenacious defense and have multiple scoring threats on the offensive end. Coach Sullivan is one of the best coaches in Northern Kentucky - he gets alot out of his kids. Hemmerich was shut down by the Jag's tonight, resulting in zero chance for Conner.

 

Stat's I have are as follows;

 

Cooper:

 

Aaron Morgan: 7 points, 3 steals

Alex Webser: 10 points, 6 boards

Drew Shelton: 10 points, 4 boards

AJ Collins: 12 points, 2/5 from three

Cody Cook: 10 points on 4/7 shooting

Maniacci: 9 points, 5 boards, 3 (monster) blocks.

 

Team - 54% shooting (22/41)

5/11 from 3

12/23 from the FT line

 

Conner:

 

Cody Huff: 6 points, 5 turnovers

Drew Barker: 8 points, 5 boards

Brady Padget: 9 points, 5 boards

Sam Hemmerich: 4 points, 0/5 from three

 

Team: 26% from the field (11/42)

2/15 from three

11/14 from the FT line

Looking forward to game 4 at Conner. Hope they let em' bang.

Every team needs an AJ Collins.

  • Author

thanks for the stats Journal News

I was at the game tonight and was very impressed with the cohesion Cooper has going for them. They play tenacious defense and have multiple scoring threats on the offensive end. Coach Sullivan is one of the best coaches in Northern Kentucky - he gets alot out of his kids. Hemmerich was shut down by the Jag's tonight, resulting in zero chance for Conner.

 

Stat's I have are as follows;

 

Cooper:

 

Aaron Morgan: 7 points, 3 steals

Alex Webser: 10 points, 6 boards

Drew Shelton: 10 points, 4 boards

AJ Collins: 12 points, 2/5 from three

Cody Cook: 10 points on 4/7 shooting

Maniacci: 9 points, 5 boards, 3 (monster) blocks.

 

Team - 54% shooting (22/41)

5/11 from 3

12/23 from the FT line

 

Conner:

 

Cody Huff: 6 points, 5 turnovers

Drew Barker: 8 points, 5 boards

Brady Padget: 9 points, 5 boards

Sam Hemmerich: 4 points, 0/5 from three

 

Team: 26% from the field (11/42)

2/15 from three

11/14 from the FT line

Looking forward to game 4 at Conner. Hope they let em' bang.

 

I thought the first half they did "let em' bang". It seemed after the score difference went over 20 in the second half that it was getting "chippy" between a couple of players so they started calling it tight. As always a couple of questionable calls each way but overall I think the officials did a good job.

Nice win. Congrats to the Jags and coach Sullivan. Cooper seems to be playing very well right now. Hopefully they can continue playing like this into the district and regional tournaments.

  • Author
I thought the first half they did "let em' bang". It seemed after the score difference went over 20 in the second half that it was getting "chippy" between a couple of players so they started calling it tight. As always a couple of questionable calls each way but overall I think the officials did a good job.
:thumb:

I think it's good that Cooper gets another win. They are playing pretty well this season. I wouldn't say it's "good" that they beat Conner. Conner has been bad this season and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Cooper is surpassing them, and I believe this is a game Cooper "should" have won. I like what Cooper has been able to do. Congrats!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.