Simon Kenton 90 Williamstown 44

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but....

a.) Williamstown was playing without their best post player (Simpson)

b.) Simon Kenton beat Williamstown by 38 earlier in the year even when Simpson was playing

c.) The Pioneers had the top seed in the district tournament already sowed up, even if they lost. There's only one remaining seed game left (Grant at Walton next week), and even if Walton beats Grant, the best the Bearcats would be is 4-2.

d.) Simon Kenton just got done posting double-digit wins against Mason County and Grant County in the past week. Both of whom are better at this point in the season than Williamstown is.

So, I just don't see how this can be a "big" win for Simon Kenton, unless you're talking about the margin of victory...and then it just seems to be rubbing it in the face of Williamstown.

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now.

He says every win is big CFS, most choose to ignore him in Pioneer country.

I will say that I was very impressed with the point guard (#5?) for Williamstown. He played hard the whole game and never quit.

Thought his arms were going to get tired from shooting. Nice touch on the fade aways though. Thought his coach would say something about his lack of defensive pressure.

He says every win is big CFS, most choose to ignore him in Pioneer country.

I will say that I was very impressed with the point guard (#5?) for Williamstown. He played hard the whole game and never quit.

Thanks for the heads up PMIC! Don't know what was into me at the time I read the post, but it just rubbed me the wrong way.

I thought W-town's point guard was McKinley, and he wore a higher number (22 or 23?). If I'm remembering correctly, the kid that wears 5 I always associated more of as a shooting guard who liked to launch the 3's. Maybe they've had to change roles with Simpson out.

"Rubbing it in the face of Williamstown."...... Ohhhh, come on! It was a big win for Simon Kenton... in regards to margin of victory. It's not rubbing it in! It's just the truth. Those Simon Kenton kids play hard, and unless the coach purposefully ran up the score, then it's not rubbing it in. Sheeesh :ohbrother:

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but....

a.) Williamstown was playing without their best post player (Simpson)

b.) Simon Kenton beat Williamstown by 38 earlier in the year even when Simpson was playing

c.) The Pioneers had the top seed in the district tournament already sowed up, even if they lost. There's only one remaining seed game left (Grant at Walton next week), and even if Walton beats Grant, the best the Bearcats would be is 4-2.

d.) Simon Kenton just got done posting double-digit wins against Mason County and Grant County in the past week. Both of whom are better at this point in the season than Williamstown is.

So, I just don't see how this can be a "big" win for Simon Kenton, unless you're talking about the margin of victory...and then it just seems to be rubbing it in the face of Williamstown.

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now.

And, i wasn't meaning to say that Williamstown didn't play hard. Im absolutely sure they did. But, Im not guessing that W-town's head coach went into the locker room after the game talking about how Simon Kenton rubbed it in. He probably gave a speech about being better defensively. It's sports.... this kind of thing happens to the fault of no one but hard working players. This is what you coach your players to do. You can't help if the other team doesn't bring it defensively on a given night. Next time, it gives W-town motivation to go out and beat Simon Kenton just as bad.

"Rubbing it in the face of Williamstown."...... Ohhhh, come on! It was a big win for Simon Kenton... in regards to margin of victory. It's not rubbing it in! It's just the truth. Those Simon Kenton kids play hard, and unless the coach purposefully ran up the score, then it's not rubbing it in. Sheeesh :ohbrother:

Whoa, whoa, whoa Big Fella...I was saying nothing of the coaches or players for Simon Kenton or how the game played out. I was merely asking why this game was considered a "big win" by the original poster. My comment about about the margin of victory was aimed at his/her conclusion. Because normally you don't see posters come on and say "hey, we smoked so-and-so by 46 last night!!!"

When it's an obvious mis-match (as it was in this case), pointing out the obvious (the margin of victory) and bragging about it, just isn't cool in my book. I don't know if that's what the original poster intended or not...but, I believe I touched on just about any other reason as to why this WASN'T necessarily a "big win" for SK. That's all.

It has ZERO to do with Coach Steiner (who I have tremendous respect for), his players or Williamstown's, for that matter. It's just that if you've got a good team, and you thump a team that's lesser than you (especially for the second time), there's no need to get on here and brag about. We all get it.