Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Heights 74 Lafayette 71

Featured Replies

Toyota Classic @ Scott County

 

After being down by 16 at half, Dixie battles back led by Hatton scoring 27 of his 34 points in the 2nd Half.

Unreal 2nd half for Hatton. He scored like 8 straight points for Dixie in the 3rd qtr.

 

Lafayette outrebounded Dixie 30-13 in the first half and Nick Trisko had his way but when Jackson Davis picked up his 4th foul in the 3rd qtr the Generals seemed to lose their ability to defend and rebound the ball. Kind of hard to rebound though when the ball is going in the hoop.

Dixie's defense picked up significantly in the second half. Intense sense of urgency. Physical and poised. Hassel got defensive player of the game award.

What's led to Lafayette's turnaround? Didn't they start the season very slow?

I watched some of this online. The Generals' D was really bad. Seemed like Dixie was getting shots at the rim on every possession for quite a while.

1/18/2012

Dixie Heights 74

Lafayette 71

Dixie Heights13102229 74

Lafayette14251517 71

Dixie Heights (12-5) -- Fox 7, Hatton 34, Stansberry 7, Evans 18, Niehaus 8.

Lafayette (7-11) -- Owsley 2, Blakely 4, Trisko 17, Sweat-Washington 14, Chester 8, Jeter 1, Davis 19, Wright 6.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2009/12/02/1040329/latest-boys-high-school-basketball.html?appSession=835265583597284&RecordID=12273&PageID=3&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=&cbCurrentRecordPosition=5#storylink=cpy

Second half scoring clinic for Hatton.....great job pulling Dixie back from 16 down.

 

I know Dixie had a couple of players under the weather for this one. Hopefully everyone gets healthy and they have a strong weekend.

Hatton was a stud in the 2nd half, offensively no one else showed up for Dixie except him, but people have off nights. I thought that Lafayette's press in the 2nd half really hurt themselves. Dixie continuously shot layup after layup and open jump shot after another at the end of the press and yet Lafayette stayed in the press and lost their lead. Dixie's full court pressure in the 2nd half gave the Generals fits and they created lots of easy shots for themselves. Davis' 4th foul was huge, had he not had to sit out, I think Lafayette still wins.

 

Not sure who else was there, but IMO I thought a huge call was the 5 second inbounds call on Lafayette made right before Dixie took the lead at the end of the game, seemed like a rather quick 5 seconds. Also, where was Coach Chevelier tonight?

Hatton was a stud in the 2nd half, offensively no one else showed up for Dixie except him, but people have off nights. I thought that Lafayette's press in the 2nd half really hurt themselves. Dixie continuously shot layup after layup and open jump shot after another at the end of the press and yet Lafayette stayed in the press and lost their lead. Dixie's full court pressure in the 2nd half gave the Generals fits and they created lots of easy shots for themselves. Davis' 4th foul was huge, had he not had to sit out, I think Lafayette still wins.

 

Not sure who else was there, but IMO I thought a huge call was the 5 second inbounds call on Lafayette made right before Dixie took the lead at the end of the game, seemed like a rather quick 5 seconds. Also, where was Coach Chevelier tonight?

 

Evans had 18 for Dixie so I'll disagree that no one else showed up.

 

I completely agree about the Lafayette D giving Dixie easy shots at the rim.

 

Chev is recovering from sports hernia. Roddy has done a nice job in some tough games. He's one intense dude. I still laugh at a comment he made to a few years ago in a JV game.

Looking at some of Lafayette's recent scores, I'm thinking that the Lafayette hopes for a big year following their regional final appearance three seasons ago was a year late. They seem to be coming on late though.

 

Recently, they've had a big win over Tates Creek & Lexington Christian, a win over Lexington Catholic @ Catholic, and now a tight loss to Dixie Heights on a neutral floor. These were all in their last five games. Looks like they had a rough start to the year, but may be coming on at the right time.

 

Could make their district tournament interesting, the teams are: Lafayette, Tates Creek, Lexington Catholic, Lexington Christian, and Dunbar. Only two will make it to the region, and none really have separated themselves from the pack as of yet.

Evans had 18 for Dixie so I'll disagree that no one else showed up.

I completely agree about the Lafayette D giving Dixie easy shots at the rim.

 

Chev is recovering from sports hernia. Roddy has done a nice job in some tough games. He's one intense dude. I still laugh at a comment he made to a few years ago in a JV game.

 

My apologies, I guess with Hatton going off, those 18 points went un-noticed by myself. What number was Evans?

My apologies, I guess with Hatton going off, those 18 points went un-noticed by myself. What number was Evans?

 

Not sure. The only black player for Dixie.

Not sure. The only black player for Dixie.

You're right, he was one of the beneficiaries to many of those easy layups at the back of the press and off the steals!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.