FreakNasty's updated 10th region Power Poll 12/22

I plan on attending the 5/3rd classic on Tuesday, December 27. I would love to meet some more BGPers, dont be afarid to say hello.....

This Weeks' Poll

1. Pendleton Co. (6-2)-Two losses this week, but when you lose to Vashon and the defending state champs, it's not enough to knock you from #1.

2. Mason Co. (7-1)-I was tempted to put them at #1, and I really look forward to seeing them during the 5/3rd basketball tournament.

3. Clark Co. (5-2)-It's pratically a tie between them and Brossart for #3.

4. Bishop Brossart (4-2)-Again, they could very easily be at #3. I slip them down to four.

5. Montgomery Co. (7-1)-Played GRC very tough, and have won two straight

6. Bourbon Co. (4-4)-A loss to UHA, but solid wins against Cordia and Letcher Central.

7. Harrison Co. (3-4)-An impressive win against Tates Creek as they get ready to travel to Florida after the holiday.

8. Campbell Co. (3-3)-It's tough to move them down, I think they have a ton of potential, but right now I can't say they are playing better than the top 7.

9. Scott (4-3)-Tough loss to J-Town, but bounced back nicely today...

10. Silver Grove (3-4)-I have a feeling the #10 spot will change about 6 times this season, after the top 9, the region gets really weak.....

Last Weeks' Poll

1. Pendleton Co. (4-0)-Biggs is a master, this is a no brainer....

2. Bishop Brossart (3-0)-Stingy Defense, only letting up 49 PPG through 3 games.

3. Mason Co. (4-0)-A couple of quality region wins (Scott, Bourbon) and a nice win at Ashland. Darius Miller will be in the running for 10th region POY.

4. Clark Co. (3-1)-Tough loss to Lex Cath (63-59), but have took care of their other 3 opponents.

5. Bourbon Co. (2-3)-A solid victory in Alexandria on Tuesday Night, and had a tough loss in the Fieldhouse, losing by 3 last week.

6. Campbell Co (3-2).-Brett White is averging 18.6 PPG.

7. Montgomery Co. (5-0)-I dont think they will challenge for the 40th region title, but Rison can make a claim for COY year in and year out....

8. Scott (3-2)-I'm going to be completly honest, I know very little about them, but I have heard good things

9. Harrison Co. (2-4)-I saw them against Lafeyette last Saturday, and wasn't at all impressed. I think Julius Talbot has a ton of talent, we'll see how they progress.

10. Bracken Co. (4-0)-Eli Cooper is a rebounding force, averging 8.3 a game.

1. Pendleton Co. (6-2) - Number 1 untill a region team can bring them down.

2. Mason Co. (7-1) - Who would have thought they would be this good this quick.

3. Brossart (4-2) - A top 3 team every year, but can they get over the hump?

4. Clark Co. (5-2) - They get better every game.

5. Bourbon Co. (4-4) - They always have a strong schedule and a lot of talent, is this the year that they finally put it together?

6. Montgomery Co. (7-1) - Didn't see this coming with so many starters gone from last year, Bart Rison knows how to win.

7. Campbell Co. (3-3) - They've lost 3 in a row, lets hope it doesn't build up like last seasons 11 game losing steak.

8. Harrison Co. (3-4) - 2 quality wins over Bourbon and Tates Creek has this team on the rise.

9. Scott (5-3) - Still not much is known of this team, how will they fair against region opponents?

10. Bracken Co. (5-4) - 4 straight losses on the road, they'll be glad to be back home next week. Still 2 tough early road wins at Fleming and rival Augusta puts them in the top ten.

11. Silver Grove (3-5) - They always have shooters, but it takes more than that to compete in the 10th.

12. Paris (2-4) - Could be a long season in Paris, especially in that brutal district.

13. St. Patrick (2-5) - With a new coach it takes awhile to get familar but they will definently impove on last years record.

14. Augusta (1-5) - They look like a region tourney team in spurts but sometimes they look like last years 4 win team. Can they put it together for 32 minutes.

15. Calvary Christian (4-5) - Could they make some noise in the All A?

16. Deming (1-4) - They had a very emotional start to the season, give them credit for playing hard, they won't be this low much longer.

17. Nicholas Co. (0-7) - Another long season in Carlise.

Mason and Brossart are realy going to go at it in the 10th regional Champs.

Brossart is not on the level of Pendleton Cty or Mason Cty. These 2 will be fighting it out at the end of the year with IMO Pendleton making a return trip to Lexington.