Simon Kenton 74 Walton Verona 53

skfan

I believe SK should have beat Walton by a lot more than this. It seems that SK plays with their opponents level. If they are playing a good ball club they play like a good ball club, and if they are playing a not so good ball club they play like a not so good ball club. Simon will have to eliminate that and start playing on a high level like they are capable of in order to be consistent with their wins and losses.

I agree, they had a 14 point lead at the half and then failed to score until the 3:05 mark in the 3rd then they went on a nice little run. Hurd played well tonight, I didn't see him miss one shot, seems to be improving. SK moved the ball well against the zone and had open looks but didn't shoot well from the arc. In the 4th Hester started to penetrate and dish a little more and his steal and behind the back pass to Phil was a thing of beauty. I believe they play Christian Co next down in Ashland, should be a good test.

Josh Hurd was 9 for 9 from the field tonight. Mike Brock did make a appearance tonight along with Kannady. I wish a little bit of Mike would rub off on Josh. Josh is doing great though and he should have dominated tonight. Walton did what they had to do tonight , they borrowed off of Grant County's gameplan and went with the 2-3 zone. Sk was 5 for 23 from the 3 point line.

SK has nice team, should do pretty well in the 8th overall. Walton played well at times just turned the ball over too much. Tungate was the leading scorer for W-V with 18 points and only missed 1 FT. He is developing into one of W-V's best players. I would like to see SK play Shelby County during the season.

Tungate can really elevate on his jumper, seems like a good player. SK didn't shoot well from the arc and many were open looks. They didn't even penetrate and dish for good looks, IMO the best passing of the year for SK, not many mental errors by forcing the pass. I would have liked more passes to the baseline guy with a flash from the post but they didn't do that much if any.

SK has as good of guard play as any team I've seen play in the 8th. W-V just doesn't have any solid guards yet. But nobody can say they quit. HEART can only take you so far.

Well a lot of times when W-V plays, I don't see that heart that you should have. It is an on and off thing, but that just doesn't cut it!

I thought josh was unstoppable in the middle suprised they did not use him more in the second half. The SK defense was very good they had quick hands, but I was not impressed with the Hester kid IMO he is over rated or he just had a bad game tonight.

There is no way that Hester is overrated. This is high school basketball a junior in high school is not going to have an outstanding game every game. I agree he did not have a tremendous game last night but I do not see how you can say that he is overrated.

Hester didn't score much last night. He is usually deadly on drives to the hoop, missed more than a couple layups last night. Josh was pretty much doubled by the zone in the 2nd half but if they hit the guy on the baseline he should be able to make a cut to the hoop.

The good news is that Simon Kenton is now 3-0 in the 32nd district. The other good news is they seem to have their free throw shooting straightened out they were 21 for 27 last night. I can't wait for a game where the other team runs with them. I thought Walton stayed in the conservative 2-3 zone last night too long. That was the difference between a 21 point victory and a 35 to 40 point win . SK was going to win this game regardless. Walton is down a lot this year although I was impressed with Josh Tungate's game!!

The good news is that Simon Kenton is now 3-0 in the 32nd district. The other good news is they seem to have their free throw shooting straightened out they were 21 for 27 last night. I can't wait for a game where the other team runs with them. I thought Walton stayed in the conservative 2-3 zone last night too long. That was the difference between a 21 point victory and a 35 to 40 point win . SK was going to win this game regardless. Walton is down a lot this year although I was impressed with Josh Tungate's game!!

Walton is just terrible plain and simple. No guard play kills them. They had 40 turnovers against Boone Co. More turnovers than points. Glad to hear someone is performing this team. Walton has no choice but to play zone because they are so bad MTM.